Can I get your opinion on this?

wv-t

Can you guys tell me where my car is at with these Scanmaster Numbers? Car is stock with Walbro/Hot Wire and Turbo Tweak chip. Anyway, this is what I recorded:

02 - WOT: 746 Hot Idle: 832
Retard Deg. - WOT: 2.3
TPS - Idle: 0.42 WOT: 0.446 Engine Off Key On: 0.40
AF - Cold Idle: 05 WOT 222 Hot Idle: 05
BAT 14.2
BLM - Cold Idle: 129
IAC - Cold Idle: 35 Hot Idle: 05
CC - Hot Idle: 209
Recall after run: 828 0.0

Okay, what do I need to do to get back to original stock tune? Thanks for your help.

I assume you missed a decimal on that WOT tps value. 4.46?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks but the car's torqu curve seems to go flat after a while. Just seems like it should be a little quicker. Could a sensor need replacing?

Again, did you misplace a decimal in the tps value? If it is not going to 4.4-4.7 at wot there's an issue.

02 - WOT: 746 Hot Idle: 832 - OK a little leaner than I like but not by much

Retard Deg. - WOT: 2.3 was this in first gear or in third?

TPS - Idle: 0.42 WOT: 0.446 Engine Off Key On: 0.40 - should read 4.xx at wot

AF - Cold Idle: 05 WOT 222 ( maf is not maxed) Hot Idle: 05

BAT 14.2 - good

BLM - Cold Idle: 129 - good enough

IAC - Cold Idle: 35 Hot Idle: 05 - counts the sensor reference

CC - Hot Idle: 209 this means your cross counts or how many times the sensor is being referenced - ok

Recall after run: 828 0.

Yeah looks ok to me also except that your timing is retarded. When the ECM retards the timing, you can sometimes feel the loss of power in the seat of your pants.

The one bad thing I see is MAF at WOT only reading 222. That's really low, unless you're only making like 8# of boost. It's should max out at 255 even before you hit 15# of boost.

Do I need a new MAF? I don't want a translator as I'm trying to keep the car somewhat original? Is there any truth to the old tale that if you tap on the MAF sensor while the car is idleing and the engine stumbles that the MAF is bad? Perhaps I could just clean it with carb cleaner?

The tap test sometimes works, sometimes not. If not wanting to switch to a Translator/LT1 setup, then you have no other choices other than buying remanufactured maf's over the counter and they are totally unreliable, and seldom if ever properly programmed. IF you could find a new original it would cost you an arm and a leg!

How much boost are you maxing out at, when you get that 222 reading?

TurboDave, thanks for your help. I dont have a boost gauge except for the unreliable factory one. Scanmaster doesn't tell boost, does it? Guess I need to get that gauge and see exactly what my boost is before we can make any progress, huh? And probably fuel pressure?