Scanmaster Readings

Sneezy6

So this is my first time using a scanmaster and I have only owned the car for 5 months. Still learning. Turbognx75 was kind enough to let me borrow one of his scanmasters and I wanted to get thoughts or comments on the numbers. I am getting knock at WOT and was looking to tune out of it. I have a 1987 GN with cold air kit, 47#/hr injectors, 980-12 valve springs, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, TT chip, no catalytic converter, 3" exhuast (catback), and a heavy duty wastegate acuator (19lbs of boost is the lowest I can go). The following was recorded after I had let the engine warm up on 93octane at 19lbs of boost:

INT-129. BL-122. CLT-162
ATS-67. R-800/idle.
AF-05@idle. AF-255@WOT
TPS-48@idle. TPS-396@WOT
IAC-37@idle. IAC-80@WOT
CC-33@idle. CC-231@WOT
753mv@8.2 knock retard@WOT

The car has a noticable knock and backfired out of the exhaust side yesterday under moderate acceleration from a redlight. Looking for a starting point to get this thing tunes

If your TPS is only 3.96 at WOT, that's way too low. Needs to be between 4.55 and 4.85.

Stock intercooler and turbo? Probably pushing it boost wise on pump gas.

Check out vortexbuicks-etc.com and read all of their articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this is my first time using a scanmaster and I have only owned the car for 5 months. Still learning. Turbognx75 was kind enough to let me borrow one of his scanmasters and I wanted to get thoughts or comments on the numbers. I am getting knock at WOT and was looking to tune out of it. I have a 1987 GN with cold air kit, 47#/hr injectors, 980-12 valve springs, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, TT chip, no catalytic converter, 3" exhuast (catback), and a heavy duty wastegate acuator (19lbs of boost is the lowest I can go). The following was recorded after I had let the engine warm up on 93octane at 19lbs of boost:

INT-129. BL-122. CLT-162
ATS-67. R-800/idle.
AF-05@idle. AF-255@WOT
TPS-48@idle. TPS-396@WOT
IAC-37@idle. IAC-80@WOT
CC-33@idle. CC-231@WOT
753mv@8.2 knock retard@WOT

The car has a noticable knock and backfired out of the exhaust side yesterday under moderate acceleration from a redlight. Looking for a starting point to get this thing tunes
The heavy duty actuator is why you can't lower the boost. You should be using a standard adjustable actuator. Your idle TPS number also might be too high as well as the WOT being too low.

On your TPS...set it for .42v +or- .02v at idle. At WOT anything over 4.0v is good. Do not exceed 4.8v. Backfire in the exhaust could be a misfire or a lean condition.