Bob Bailey ignition module

Ran some low 10's at +132mph with the TR6 last weekend. Worked great! On one pass the car charged so hard through 1st gear that the trans couldn't catch her before she tapped the rev limiter. I was glad to have a spark rev limiter instead of a fuel rev limiter.

BEATAV8 said:
Ran some low 10's at +132mph with the TR6 last weekend. Worked great! On one pass the car charged so hard through 1st gear that the trans couldn't catch her before she tapped the rev limiter. I was glad to have a spark rev limiter instead of a fuel rev limiter.

What size plug gap are you running and which plugs?

Fyi, I run .040 gap on ngk ur5's at 120mph and roughly 28psi out of my te44.

What size plug gap are you running and which plugs?

Fyi, I run .040 gap on ngk ur5's at 120mph and roughly 28psi out of my te44.

I am running Autolite Racing AR474 right now (alum GN1 heads). These are non-projected tip plugs with an unshrouded ground strap. I have them gapped at .030, due to the design of the plug. They are not really meant to be gapped much more than that, otherwise I would run .035

BEATAV8 said:
I am running Autolite Racing AR474 right now (alum GN1 heads). These are non-projected tip plugs with an unshrouded ground strap. I have them gapped at .030, due to the design of the plug. They are not really meant to be gapped much more than that, otherwise I would run .035

Do you think that these would work with iron heads (stock ported)? I been thinking about going to a non-projected plug.

Is anyone using the Autolite 145 plug on iron heads with the TR6. What is the advantage of a non-projected plug with the TR6

Do you think that these would work with iron heads (stock ported)? I been thinking about going to a non-projected plug.
The AR474 is a .7" reach (thread length). it would not fit in an iron head.

Is anyone using the Autolite 145 plug on iron heads with the TR6. What is the advantage of a non-projected plug with the TR6
non-projected style is for fighting detonation, nothing to do with the ignition type.

I took a quick look for 14mm tapered seat .460" reach spark plugs and found the following autolite series:
AR135 (cool)
AR134
AR133
AR132 (cold cold)

These are non projected. Maybe try the AR135 for starters. It's the hottest in the series, but still a cool plug. It crosses to NGK 7 heat range, which is a full step colder than a NGK tr6. The 133 and 134 cross to an NGK 8, you could consider them as sort of splitting the difference. The AR132 crosses to an NGK 9 heat range. freakin' really cold .
AR135
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/frm-ar135/
AR134
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/frm-ar134/media/images

PS.... sometimes you can find an advance auto parts store that carries all these autolite plugs. for some reason unknown the entire universe, the Advance Auto close to me carries a complete autolite racing plug stock. The advance website will check stock local to you.

I use the ar-3933 autolite plugs with the ta heads . I just drop them in too. This is.with the tr6 module with ls coils

Here's an article about Kenny Duttweiler running Denso Iridium plugs on a 1850hp Twin Turbo V8 at 40psi. Not sure you can get a better recommendation than that.

http://www.automedia.com/Iridium_Spark_Plugs/pht20010101ds/1

correct me if im wrong bob but neither wastespark or coil over will you be able to run a iridium plug or anything of the sort. Well I mean you can but it wont last and they run hotter and not as well. Looked into it and no one with any type of cars running high boost and lots of power run iridium plugs

good article, im only going off what other people and champion say. I know that platinum plugs burn hotter which is not good for boosted applications. I dont know much about iridium plugs

I have the NGK tr6ix iridium plugs and like them over all the other plugs i have used. For overall performance and mpg they work the best for me in my GN1 aluminum heads. Last weekend i installed a set of Autolite racing plugs AR3934's and they did not perform any better and used a lot more fuel than the iridiums. I have used Denso plugs in the past and they make a quality plug but i haven't used their iridiums yet.

so im intrigued by the iridium plugs, ive wandered that for awhile. So has anyone else used these plugs? Ive used the regular NGK tr6 before

i use NGK UR5s and love them... and might try the iridiums....just got to get over the sticker shock...~$70 for plugs is crazy....but what the hell its the holiday season right ? o_O

i use NGK UR5s and love them... and might try the iridiums....just got to get over the sticker shock...~$70 for plugs is crazy....but what the hell its the holiday season right ? o_O

In motorcycle land where I usually live, there are plugs that sell for $40 EACH!
Iridium plugs are the norm on a lot of oem bikes, they must have some redeeming qualities if the manufacturers are spending the coin to equip them off the showroom installed.

i agree I have had my share of bikes and looked into the plugs in them, I mean at 16,000 rpm its gota work somehow

You can get the NGK UR4IX Iridium plugs, 6 for $33.96 shipped or the Denso ITF16 Iridium plugs, 6 for $48.84 shipped off ebay. Those are the plug #'s recommended for the 87 GN with stock type heads, on sparkplugs.com.

has anybody experienced any kind of problem with the TR6 ignition and XFI working together
Im using the LS2 coils. I sent it back to bob and everthing works fine
I thought i would post this maybe someone has an idea or setting the works for them
it does work good with the TR6 and wastspake but when a try to use the LS2 coils the motor cut off at 4000 rpm
wires are new. LS2 coil are good they came off a running car

has anybody experienced any kind of problem with the TR6 ignition and XFI working together
Im using the LS2 coils. I sent it back to bob and everthing works fine
I thought i would post this maybe someone has an idea or setting the works for them
it does work good with the TR6 and wastspake but when a try to use the LS2 coils the motor cut off at 4000 rpm
wires are new. LS2 coil are good they came off a running car

What are your rev limiter settings inside the TR6 box??