Bob Bailey ignition module

CGASTON said:
I have an EST coming in the mail. I am going to change it out and see what happens also.

Are you confusing the EST with a knock module?

What does your cam sync read when the engine is running?
Swapping to a non a.c. delco ignition module and having a no start is not uncommon with an xfi.

if its the knock module, (its called the ESC module), it will have no effect, the knock stuff is a completely different circuit.

Bob

Are you confusing the EST with a knock module?

What does your cam sync read when the engine is running?
Swapping to a non a.c. delco ignition module and having a no start is not uncommon with an xfi.

Cal, When I sync the cam sensor with the TR6 (Mode 3) ---- It syncs fine..... But when I run the car, my tach is maxed to 6000rpm....

What is the chance that CASPER'S Extension harness does not like the TR6?

if its the knock module, (its called the ESC module), it will have no effect, the knock stuff is a completely different circuit.

Bob

So by changing out the ESC....... Nothing should CHANGE.....? What about changing the CAM SENSOR? Don't think that is the problem cause I can sync the cam sensor via TR6 or volt meter.....

I have a question...... Would CASPERS Volt Booster and Injector Harness Hot wire cause this issue? I can try to disconnect the 14v power leads to them to see if I get a change?

CGASTON said:
So by changing out the ESC....... Nothing should CHANGE.....? What about changing the CAM SENSOR? Don't think that is the problem cause I can sync the cam sensor via TR6 or volt meter.....

I have a question...... Would CASPERS Volt Booster and Injector Harness Hot wire cause this issue? I can try to disconnect the 14v power leads to them to see if I get a change?

I've run the volt booster, Hotwire harness, and 48" ccci extension with no problems. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean you can't have any issues.

if swapping to the stock module did not fix things, it looks like the TR6 is not causing the issue.

what injectors did you have before? If they were at lease 80's or so, I say throw the stock ECM in and see if it will fire and rev. (then shut it back off...) would be a quick test and tell us a lot.....

when you measured continuity, did you measure from the FAST connector, thru the interface, all the way to the module?

Do you have the GCT file from the FAST, and a log?

Bob

Bob,

I didn't check continuity from the CASPERS harness to the ignition module weather pack. I think I will check that out in the morning.

I can try changing back to the 80# and ECM to see what up. I know that it was running the day I started installing my XFI.

I don't have a log, I haven't been able to drive the car now for several weeks.....

there are lots of xfi cars running the tr6, all use the caspers interface.

you can log the car just running in the driveway....

Bob

TurboBob said:
there are lots of xfi cars running the tr6, all use the caspers interface.

you can log the car just running in the driveway....

Bob

Bob, Sent you an email. Have a couple of questions with 2-step and code 31....

Clint

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

So I took the plunge tired of code 42s and hard to find replacement parts........
Decided to go with the LS2 harness and CNP set up. I picked up a set of 8 coils and brackets for $50.00 they are the newer coils out of a 2010 Silverado Delco part number 12611424 did not see them listed by should work right?

So I took the plunge tired of code 42s and hard to find replacement parts........
Decided to go with the LS2 harness and CNP set up. I picked up a set of 8 coils and brackets for $50.00 they are the newer coils out of a 2010 Silverado Delco part number 12611424 did not see them listed in this thread they should work right?
coils.jpeg

Bob, do you have anymore stock appearing coil/modules? Will they be available at Bowling Green? Sorry if this was asked before but there are 34 pages to this thread now!

I believe the Full Throttle guys are bringing some to BG. I'm not sure how many though.

Yes, this is quite a large thread :)

Bob