Bob Bailey ignition module

Update;

Just got some new LS-2 coils back from Bob. He tested the old ones and found a coil that was weak. Mystery solved!!! Hooked them up today and took it for a ride. Pulled smooth up to 23lbs a few times. I'm running Autolite23s gapped at .035 I'm going to try out .040 later this week.

A big thanks to Bob for the great customer support. I mean really...not many vendors out there will lend you parts (see above post) to keep your car going while they sort out product issues.

Brian B tr 6 2.jpgSANY0016.JPG

We just received our latest batch of these. You can order right from our web page. You need to get a TR6 unit, wastespark coilpack, and a set of wires.

The units we have on hand now will likely be all we will make this year, so anyone planning this upgrade in the near future should get one before they are gone.

Bob

here's a pic of mine remotely mounted on the driver fender, makes things a lot easier when adjusting switches and checking the LED's instead of leaning over a hot engine. im running the wastespark coilpack.

Attachments

• rmTR6.jpg
    rmTR6.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 539
We just received our latest batch of these. You can order right from our web page. You need to get a TR6 unit, wastespark coilpack, and a set of wires.

The units we have on hand now will likely be all we will make this year, so anyone planning this upgrade in the near future should get one before they are gone.

Bob
Which web site? Full throttle?

I just uploaded a revised instruction manual. No big changes, just included the note about the CCCI fuse, and this one has the error codes listed in the back.

Link at the bottom of my sig, go to the downloads page.

Bob

i was wondering why there was no timing retard feature in the tr6 2step, guess its been there all along!

here's a pic of mine remotely mounted on the driver fender, makes things a lot easier when adjusting switches and checking the LED's instead of leaning over a hot engine. im running the wastespark coilpack.
Are you running the factory harness and ecu with a distributor?

1. u cant run a factory ecu with a distributor
2. if i was running a dizzy, i wouldnt need the tr6 :)

fast xfi with stock harness and caspers adapter, bob bailey tr6

Ok now I see looking at it on my phone it looked like a distributor.

Autolite 23s gapped at .040 did not work for me. I started to get a hesitation at about 20lbs. You know...like a slight bucking. Reduced the gap to .035 and ran it up to 23lbs a few times then went WOT with no problems. Seems like .035 is the sweet spot for my car.

thats a good data point. I think the boost/gap question will also vary by spark plug brand/style.

Are the plugs new?

Bob

They are brand new plugs with Magnacor wires.

Running 93oct with Razor's alky on 5 and 21deg timing.