Banning Of Members

SYTECH

This site along with several others have provided an outstanding resource for turbo buick owners & TB powered vehicles world wide

I have had my share of laughs over the recent past and have sat at the computer shaking my head at some of the half truths & down right hurtful things that members have said at or towards each other

It's hard to take sides on such matters as I enjoy the friendship of many people from across the nation

The recent banning of Harold for a 2 week period really bothers me. Not that Harold is my "Home Boy", my "Best Friend", or whatever term of endearment you wish to apply, just that along with countless others, he is a friend who has unselfishly helped me with my car on numerous occassions and in my opinion was not the only person who should have received a Jay Carter imposed short vacation

There are multiple guilty parties, including myself who has decided to continue a post after the site administrator has warned us to shut up or join Harold for a "Time Out".

I have no problems with any of the site administrators, hell of a job they do making this website available to us all. I've never met Jay Carter in person, yet I have found time to donate to his upcoming MS Bike Ride because I believe in what he is doing

I believe in freeedom of speach and of the press, but I don't feel that this educational and informative forum is a place to hash out threats & accusations towards others

We all have our strengths and weaknesses, we can all be pig headed at times, and no where is it written that we have to agree, help, or get along with everyone else. Some personalities just clash...period

I have had plenty of great cars / trucks over the past 6 years (00 Lightning, 87 GN, Syclone, Typhoon, GNX #485, Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette, Chevy SSR, Chrysler 300C SRT-8, and lastly an 86 GN.

No matter what I buy, drive, enjoy, or sell, I tend to come back to the Buicks. Every following has a forum, every forum has the good & bad members, yet the TB crowd has always been (in my opinion) a step above and ahead of the other forums.

I teach my kids to be responsible for their actions, to be fair, to treat others as they would want to be treated themselves, to respect others, to listen without being judgemental, to offer friendship and advice, to keep their mouths shut if they can't say something nice about the other person.

This banning was not a sneak attack. The warnings were made, it's like a penalty in football, you may not have made the original penalty, but if you are the last one seen doing something wrong, then you get nailed. Harold along with many others were guilty of voicing their personal opinions and for not shutting up when asked to do so

Be consistrent with your enforcement Jay. Don't punish one when others need to be in Forum Jail also.

Later,

Ray

Vote for Ray Fletcher, for President of the United States of America :)

you nailed it right on the head Ray..

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate your thoughts, and the way you presented them. Very well spoken.

This whole section of the forum has been in turmoil, it appears, for a while over a certain subject.

When a point has been made there is no need to continue to hammer anyone over that same thing. If it involves the same repetitive posts it needs to be handled by PM or off the board.

We drew a line, he was the first one to cross it. Jay made an admin decision. It is not our goal to single anyone out on this topic. If it was handled like gentlemen from the start we wouldn't have this problem.

Losing members, for whatever reason, is not our goal. We have to enforce the rules that most follow so every one can enjoy the forum, its original purpose!

Thanks,

Shane

I just hate to see that certain members are allowed to say what they want without recourse because they are supporting vendors. Obviously very one sided, as the post themselves show.

This site along with several others have provided an outstanding resource for turbo buick owners & TB powered vehicles world wide

I have had my share of laughs over the recent past and have sat at the computer shaking my head at some of the half truths & down right hurtful things that members have said at or towards each other

It's hard to take sides on such matters as I enjoy the friendship of many people from across the nation

The recent banning of Harold for a 2 week period really bothers me. Not that Harold is my "Home Boy", my "Best Friend", or whatever term of endearment you wish to apply, just that along with countless others, he is a friend who has unselfishly helped me with my car on numerous occassions and in my opinion was not the only person who should have received a Jay Carter imposed short vacation

There are multiple guilty parties, including myself who has decided to continue a post after the site administrator has warned us to shut up or join Harold for a "Time Out".

I have no problems with any of the site administrators, hell of a job they do making this website available to us all. I've never met Jay Carter in person, yet I have found time to donate to his upcoming MS Bike Ride because I believe in what he is doing

I believe in freeedom of speach and of the press, but I don't feel that this educational and informative forum is a place to hash out threats & accusations towards others

We all have our strengths and weaknesses, we can all be pig headed at times, and no where is it written that we have to agree, help, or get along with everyone else. Some personalities just clash...period

I have had plenty of great cars / trucks over the past 6 years (00 Lightning, 87 GN, Syclone, Typhoon, GNX #485, Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette, Chevy SSR, Chrysler 300C SRT-8, and lastly an 86 GN.

No matter what I buy, drive, enjoy, or sell, I tend to come back to the Buicks. Every following has a forum, every forum has the good & bad members, yet the TB crowd has always been (in my opinion) a step above and ahead of the other forums.

I teach my kids to be responsible for their actions, to be fair, to treat others as they would want to be treated themselves, to respect others, to listen without being judgemental, to offer friendship and advice, to keep their mouths shut if they can't say something nice about the other person.

This banning was not a sneak attack. The warnings were made, it's like a penalty in football, you may not have made the original penalty, but if you are the last one seen doing something wrong, then you get nailed. Harold along with many others were guilty of voicing their personal opinions and for not shutting up when asked to do so

Be consistrent with your enforcement Jay. Don't punish one when others need to be in Forum Jail also.

Later,

Ray

Ray!
I'm sorry but I don't concur with your thoughts.Since Harold has been banned. He has now taken to text messaging me & threatening to further disrupt my business & life. He text ed Brent this morning demanding that he return the parts you so generously offered. This with out your knowledge. He ruined my Sunday afternoon brunch & made my wife sick. She is now worried that he will do something rash & stupid. He's a dangerous menace & even threatened to put a hit out on Scott. In fact I'm now concerned for my safety. I work alone here in the evenings with my door open. I'm thinking anyone who behaves this way is dangerous & quite capable of anything. A while ago he spent time in jail for several months & was under house arrest for several more. Who knows for what? I'm sure it wasn't for a parking ticket. It's easy for you to defend Harold cause this isn't happening to you. Not yet anyway. This keeps up I will be forced to go to the police. When you guys were assembling your engine I injected some joking sarcasm. just a gesture of friendship & even offered my help. This was not an invitation to Harold to viciously attack me.I care a lot about what people think of me & for him to say the things he has really hurt & I was forced to defend myself & explain the truths.He brought his disassembled engine to me & I bent over backwards to to do a good job & charged him 1'500.00 to pull the engine detail & install his cam ,heads & rod bearings. His thanks was to call me a thief & criticize my work In public .The list of his insults & abuse t is endless I thank Jay carter for stepping in & takeing action . I'm hopeing for a permanant ban on harold. Now if you think that somehow I should be sanctioned for all this .Thats your priveldge. But once again I warn you & Nordy both to watch your backs.

Wow, a hit on me huh? Didn't know about that one. I can't help but laugh. :biggrin: What exactly do you mean by a "hit"? If that is indeed true let "flaming" v6onfire3.8 know he is more than welcome to stop by! Mr. Walther and I will be waiting:wink: It's one thing to be passionate about Buicks, but it sounds like this guy is NUTS.:confused:

Wow, a hit on me huh? Didn't know about that one. I can't help but laugh. :biggrin: What exactly do you mean by a "hit"? If that is indeed true let "flaming" v6onfire3.8 know he is more than welcome to stop by! Mr. Walther and I will be waiting:wink: It's one thing to be passionate about Buicks, but it sounds like this guy is NUTS.:confused:

Remember when I sent you a PM that Harold was going postal over when you started getting the best of him over some other B.S. It was then he started talking about a hit on you.I asked him not to talk so stupid. Just bravado I hope.I want to make this public in case some unexplaiable harm comes to me. It just an accumalation of all this over the years & it seems to be getting worst that has forced me now to take a stand. It's no longer a joke. Just for the record I did recieve a repremand for adding fuel to the fire in my defense from this admiistration & will cooperate. 10% of the population cause 90% of the worlds problems & dictate policy. So no longer should I joke around & attemt to enjoy my friends for fear of one screwball in the crowd to go over the top. This Buick just keeps getting stranger.

No Harm, No Foul

Lou,

My comments above were not made as a statement of my support for Harold after he was banned. Harold made some uncalled for comments as did several other people

My comments were made because the punishment was only handed out to (1) of many guilty parties

I would have felt the sameway and said the samethings if the banning had hit only you, Brent, Chevota, Cruzn57, myself, whom ever

This is not the forum for such bull**** behavour

There is a world of knowledge & experience shared amoung us in the Southwest Forum and across the nation

No member should be threatened by bodily harm for voicing his personal beliefs or driving his / her vehicle of choice

I believe in helping a friend in need, and I don't bail on a friend if he gets himself / herself into a position that is not in his / her best interest. We all make mistakes, and we all need some friends who will stick by their side unconditionally.

Maybe it was my southern upbringing, maybe it was my 20 years in the Marine Corps, who knows, all I can say is "Semper Fidelis" (always faithful). Those words may end up being my downfall or the words they put on my tombstone

If I heard you needed help down at your shop Lou, I would offer my assistance in a heatbeat, same with Brent, Scott, Lee, Gary, Nordy, Bob, etc., etc., etc.

This is not about young or old, rich or poor, nor the vehicles that we drive

I want to learn, I want my GN to get faster, without becoming another statistic, if it does break, then hopefully i will have enough money to have it fixed properly, or enough friends to help me learn how to fix it myself

Later,

Ray

I just hate to see that certain members are allowed to say what they want without recourse because they are supporting vendors. Obviously very one sided, as the post themselves show.

That's not true. Gary and Shane both asked for this crap to be taken off line. At that point, Harold is the only one who continued to post. Had he just dropped it, that would have been that. Instead, he had to have the last word, AFTER he was asked to cool it.

FYI, he is now permanently banned and will not be coming back since he thought it would be okay to sign up a new account to use while he was banned.

Rest assured that I'll ban anybody, whether they're a supporting vendor or not. Being a supporting vendor does not buy you immunity or protection. I just didnt think that this situation warranted that because Lou did chill out when he was asked to. I know this constantly gets said when stuff like this happens but you guys aren't privy to all the PMs that get sent back and forth and you only see part of the picture. Everyone that knows the whole story agrees that it was handled correctly for the most part.

JayC & Sgrim

thanks for making public what some of us knew all along.
I am an ex cop, and asked a favor of one of my friends,to run a back ground on him.
my point is, Harold is potentially dangerous, his back ground is such that he causes concern for Lou, and Scott, why??? I have no idea.
this is supposed to be fun for all of us, I truely enjoy the friends I've met and made here, as Ray said, I will offer anything I can to my fellow Buick nuts!
I applaude your decision and your action!
I have been out of line here before like others, for that I appoligize,
( Shane....Bruce @PTS told me you ask him what was wrong with me, LOL)
I wish to make this the best place for information, and contacts, not a combat zone,
Thanks for letting me up on my soap box.

cruzn57
Lee

Ive known Harold for a couple years now. He seemed a little wild when I first met him, but he ended up turning out to be a pretty cool guy. He seemed a little wound up when I first met him, and it kinda freaked me out, lol, but after getting to know him, I realized I really had nothing to worry about. He's always helped me out anytime I needed a hand and is one of the more reliable people Ive known. Thing is that he'll offer help without me even asking, and will regularly call to see how I'm doing and will always call to talk anytime Im having personal issues and offers clear and good advise. Whatever happened here doesnt really seem to reflect who he is in person. I really dont think anyone has anything to worry about. Ive never seen a violent nature in him, so I wouldnt worry if I were any of the guys concerned. Its just the internet after all.
Brent # 2

I too have know Kevin/Harold for a few years. I met him first when he helped me get my GN home when it was stuck at a car show. He has also traveled 50 miles to my house on two different occasions to work on the car with me for free. Outside of that, I've only hung out with him at car shows, but he's has always been helpful. But lets set the record straight Lee and Scott (Cruzn and Chevota) you guys made it a point to jump on his **** everytime he was in here. Especially Chevota, always with the smart ass remarks all the time. Lou and Kevin have been friends since Ive known him, and while I've heard some things about Kevin, Ive also heard alot of negativity about Lous attitude towards customers and people in general. I think now that Kevin is banned we should let it drop since he can't reply to these accusations people are throwing out here. I did speak to him about the most recent Lou incident, and he says he made no threats what so ever, reminding me of Lous bi-polar attitude. While I have a hard time believing either would just make this up, the ranting post of both leave thier credibility in question. But understand this, it is over, they banned him as some wanted. But if the BS continues I will make it my point to make sure Shane bans PERMANENTLY anyone who continues on with the accusations.

People will not be banned permanently. They will be banned for 2 weeks, which is what Kevin was originally banned for. If they decide to sign up another username and try to slip back in under the radar, they will be banned permanently.

People will not be banned permanently. They will be banned for 2 weeks, which is what Kevin was originally banned for. If they decide to sign up another username and try to slip back in under the radar, they will be banned permanently.

Who do we make fun of now? I vote Gary W

I too have know Kevin/Harold for a few years. I met him first when he helped me get my GN home when it was stuck at a car show. He has also traveled 50 miles to my house on two different occasions to work on the car with me for free. Outside of that, I've only hung out with him at car shows, but he's has always been helpful. But lets set the record straight Lee and Scott (Cruzn and Chevota) you guys made it a point to jump on his **** everytime he was in here. Especially Chevota, always with the smart ass remarks all the time. Lou and Kevin have been friends since Ive known him, and while I've heard some things about Kevin, Ive also heard alot of negativity about Lous attitude towards customers and people in general. I think now that Kevin is banned we should let it drop since he can't reply to these accusations people are throwing out here. I did speak to him about the most recent Lou incident, and he says he made no threats what so ever, reminding me of Lous bi-polar attitude. While I have a hard time believing either would just make this up, the ranting post of both leave thier credibility in question. But understand this, it is over, they banned him as some wanted. But if the BS continues I will make it my point to make sure Shane bans PERMANENTLY anyone who continues on with the accusations.

Smokin 6! I have no clue who you are or what issue you have with me. I highly recommend that you take this privately or call me 949-378-1590 I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing this. Visit me at my shop, call me or at least get to know me a little better before you judge. I'm trying to put this to rest. If there are enough people here who feel as you do about me. I will voluntarily leave & save the trouble.. All your doing is making me wonder if I should support this Buick nonsense anymore. This is getting very old. Now go incite someone else. I'm forwarding this to Gary & Jay. Lou

Jay has already read it, feel free to forward it. Anymore instigation by you and I will make sure you are the next to go, it should of been that way in the first place. I asked for a rest to it long ago, and you drug it on and on - news flash, a must read, harold engine saga, etc. You are the biggest instigator here now. Afraid of the truth? If you feel the need to move on, please do so, it would of aliveated the problem long ago and I would not come to you for support after what I have seen, by your own words. I've only heard a few things about Kevin lately, mostly from you. But I have heard about your attitute starting four years ago when I met Wells, Ben/Turbonator, and others. Sounds like you need some real expert help!