Anyone want HID Lights

I'll give it about a week before ordering parts so please get your orders in. Thanks everyone.

Peter

I have Peter's low beam kit for over 2 years now. I do not have his housings. They are really a nice upgrade and I have had no issues with them. I have NEVER been brighted by anyone and I do a lot of night driving. I got the 4300K (I think) very whitish. Peter was very easy to deal with. Check out my vid:

image.jpg
image.jpg
I have the 6000k's in my care lows and highs.

Bruce to answer your question, yes there is a delay when switching from L to H, H to L and it is annoying especially since I'm in the country. But I have been told if you install a diode (about $2.00) in the harness it will leave the lows on when you turn on the brights, so all 4 lights will be on.

And as I said earlier. Mine are brighter on low beam than any other vehicle I own on high

I get flashed all the time. I have even pulled my left light in a little. They are just super bright.

Here's a pic in the daytime.

View attachment 252279 View attachment 252280 I have the 6000k's in my care lows and highs.

Bruce to answer your question, yes there is a delay when switching from L to H, H to L and it is annoying especially since I'm in the country. But I have been told if you install a diode (about $2.00) in the harness it will leave the lows on when you turn on the brights, so all 4 lights will be on.

And as I said earlier. Mine are brighter on low beam than any other vehicle I own on high

I get flashed all the time. I have even pulled my left light in a little. They are just super bright.

Here's a pic in the daytime.

Jeez, Larry, your GN is absolutely beautiful! Wow! Nice work!

I'm in the country, too...would love to have all four of the HID lights on.....want to know WHERE in the harness do I install a diode, and how many...i.e. one for each side or what? I was considering cutting up the harness to make all four lights come on when switching to high beams, and was going by a forum member's diagram, but I really didn't want to cut up the hardness, as it was told to me that it's real hard to turn it back to stock if needed.........all I want is to have all four of Pete's HID lights come on at high beam...so, where in the harness are you referring to as to put this diode, and how many? (seems I'm repeating myself........hmm...lack of sleep again.)

Is this set simple enough for a dweeb like me to install?

Bruce '87 Grand National

i have never done this but im guessing you would need to make a jumper at each headlight that goes from the high beam power to the low beam power and put the diode inline so that when the high beams get power they also send the power to low beams, but when the low beams are on the current doesnt flow back to the high beams. hope im saying this right. again im just guessing but it makes sense to me.

I use a hid relay harness on my hid lights to take the "start up load off of the headlight switch and the factory wiring. I took the "diode" and made a small jumper wire on each side of the "diode"
The diode goes between the "high beam wire connection and the "low beam wire connection on the relay. The only current thru the diode is the relay current.

The diode prevents the low beam from trying to light the high beams. (reverse biased) I have hid low beams and silverstar ultra high beams. Yes, you just need "one diode" from high beam power wire to the low beam power wire.

Last edited:
Bruce, thanks for the compliment. As far as the diode goes. I haven't installed mine yet and I might have lost it but I will look it up for the directions. But from the top of my head it's just one diode and a clip to go from one wire to another.

I will response back in a bit with the answer

Would let me copy and paste so here's a pic
image.jpg
image.jpg

I coudnt find or get the terminals around here which is one reason I haven't done the install myself. So if anyone else can get them I would gladly pay for them. HTH

closing this out tomorrow. There's also some detailed instructions that were posted on having all 4 lights on when you hit the highs. I'll find the post and post info in this thread.

Pete, that's just what I'd love to see.....the post on having all four lights on at the same time.....just hope it doesn't require butchering the harness up and making it almost impossible to return to stock like one post I saw last year on here.......the write up on it was good, but required LOTS of modifications...I'd be happy with the diode idea and where to install it........hope you find the instructions, Pete, that would be beneficial to all of us, especially this ol' dweeb.

I still have both of your sets here with me, but still trying to find the right way to "incorporate" this system into my Grand National......(did "incorporate" sound good there?) as to having all the lights come on when I turn on the high beams.....I need LOTS of light on the road out here in the country at night......LOTS. I 'm getting very, very OLD.:(

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hi Peter, I see these lights are still up on your website. Is the window closed or has the offer been extended?

Quick update for everyone that ordered. Some parts have started arriving and it looks like we should be on target for orders to start shipping on the 11th. Thank you.

Peter

Hey Peter-- could you give us an update on the lights? Have not seen any boxes left on my doorstep yet. Thanks. Dp

Yes sir. The last parts we needed showed up yesterday, so all orders will be going out over the next day or two as we complete them. Thank you.

Peter