Anyone know how to do a rain dance?

groumoutis

This is the longest drought in Indiana in 104 years. Since June 1st we have had .09 inches of rain. Less than a tenth of an inch in 42 days. The average in that same span is 7 inches. The heat hasn't helped at all either. I used the post hole digger the other day and I went down 18 inches and the dirt was dry as a bone. We start a watering ban tomorrow and we have been on a burn ban for almost a month. Man this sucks!!! I feel really bad for the farmers.

So if anyone out there knows how to do a rain dance, us Hoosiers would be very appreciative.

Just enough rain here in northeast Ill to keep things growing. Down state Ill is hurting though.

usually washing/waxing/shining your car works as good as a rain dance!

Yeah brutal here too. Farmers are feeling the pain already. Corn and Soy are pretty much done. 10 straight days over 100* did not help an already dry start to the summer. Drought conditions havent been like this for 25 yrs.

Bryan

When you get over 112 days of 100 degree weather then bitch guys. Went through this last summer and even had wild fires less than 10 miles from my house! It normal weather and will end soon enough but remember that weather happens. This year we've gotten more rain and lower temps which prooves the "global warming" idiots wrong once again.:p next year we'll get lower than normal temps so go figure.:rolleyes:

WOW! Didn't realize you had it THAT bad in IN! We've been getting just barely enough here in NC Ohio. We've gotten Way too much when we get it, then just as the corn starts to curl from drought, More of way to much. But it's rain. The wind that accompanies it has wiped out some crops here. Blew all my corn down nearly flat. Good thing I don't have whole fields of it, I stood it back up myself in a few hours rather than let it straighten up all cockeyed. Price of corn and beans is going Nutz from your more western misfortune. Wuz just talkin to a farmer about it a few hours ago. Gonna be alotta new equipment around here next year, IF we make it to the end of the season...

Want a rain dance? My mom has this nasty rainstick that I don't let my kids touch. They always tease me about it too. Every time they get to turning that thing over and passing it around, we get Crazy Rain comensurate of how long it takes me to get it away from them! I'll take em over there today at 2:30pm and we'll be thinkin of you. They say the power of prayer works. Think of us at the same time. Set the alarm on yer phone. Everybody join in thinking of Indiana and we'll see if we can send some rain Groumoutis' way by the weekend!!!

Nothing Tried, Nothing Gained. Let's TB people give it some thought. 2:30pm EDT, Friday the 13th. Groumoutis, get your friends in a receptive mood for what we'll send your way this afternoon.

:cool:

YOU GUYS CAN THANK ME LATER IF IT WORKS. ALSO IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS TRIBE THERE IS OTHERS.

get a telescope and plan a few days in advance to to look at the stars. bonus points if you can plan on seeing some once in a century astronomical event.

it might not rain, but it will definitely be cloudy.. and clouds block the sun..

I haven't broken the telescope out but I have washed and waxed all the cars a few times to no avail. One of the car washes in town has sign that says to wash your car to bring on the rain.

Charlie, I am talking about Indiana not Texas. We are not supposed to have Texas weather in Indiana. We grow crops not cattle so we require rain. We all know the two things in Texas! Steers and well you know you don't have horns Charlie. So you must be the other one that doesn't have horns. Don't get your thong in a wad I am just teasing.

We got a small amount this morning here on the IA/IL border. This is the first time in ages we have seen rain so I hope it makes it to you guys.

My family is all dairy farmers, and we grow our own cropss to feed the cows. It's been horrible for the cows.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just looked out the window and its raining again!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

There appears to be a force field at the Indiana/Illinois state line. The rain seems to stop at the line. If it does make it acrossed the line it either goes north or south.

Might have something to do with the lake? I know the river on the IA/IL border causes problems and pushes the storm north about 10 miles most of the time.

This has been the first rain in an extremely long time for us. It's not much but I can see the plants on my deck have moved their leaves upward finally.

I should post a pic of my yard, it looks like fall. Some of the trees have already dropped their leaves so there's leaves all over my yard. I've never seen anything like this before.

I was out watering the plants and shrubs by the house this morning and I have 4 trees that are dropping leaves like it was after the first freeze. I know Madison, WI had the driest june ever with 0.39 inches and most of that missed us and I'm only 20 miles east of there. The only rain we have had in July wasn't enough to settle the dust. We have a 50% chance today and tonight hope we get some. My wife has family that farms in IN, so i have heard the stories from there.

David

Everytime I open this thread, it starts raining outside! I think I'll just leave it open for good luck!

James I think your rain dance worked!!! Thanks!!:D

Jeremy get in your car and drive over here and open this thread for me.

There is an E85 refinery 10 miles north of my house. So you have a place to fill up the Buick. Hell if you brought some rain with you there would be a line of people giving you gas money. The refinery needs the rain for the corn too. So you need the rain here since you need E85. See how this works? It is sounding better and better!

Bring Austin with you for humor. It's always fun to bust his balls.

I water flowers, a few shrubs/hostas and a young tree every other day. My yard is crispy. Reminds me of North Florida in the summer of 2000. There was a drought there then, walking on grass like walking on straw.

We had the best wettest spring in IN, my yard looked great, neighbors were envious. I even worried about putting down fertilizer concerned that I would be mowing twice weekly. I haven't mowed since Memorial Day.

Everytime I open this thread, it starts raining outside! I think I'll just leave it open for good luck!

James I think your rain dance worked!!! Thanks!!:D

GLAD I COULD HELP. i like wheats.corn, bread and milk,beef and all those other foods you guys make out there

these pics were taken 2 hours ago for someone needing a frame. my point here is look at the grass in the back ground. we have been kinda unaffected by this weather.i went to the norwalk show 3 weeks ago and couldnt believe the grass since it was only the middle of june and it was fried there already
P1010107.jpg

P1010104.jpg

Nope! None of it has made it this way. Just watch the radar and you will see the force field at work. The rain will stay away from the I-74 corridor on the west side of Indiana.

Today is the first day of the 4H fair and it is a block away from my house. I was talking to a dairy farmer and he said that the silage is going to run out. For the city folk "silage" is food for cows. The silage is drying out and they can't get anymore either. It is just too dry.

I water flowers, a few shrubs/hostas and a young tree every other day. My yard is crispy. Reminds me of North Florida in the summer of 2000. There was a drought there then, walking on grass like walking on straw.

We had the best wettest spring in IN, my yard looked great, neighbors were envious. I even worried about putting down fertilizer concerned that I would be mowing twice weekly. I haven't mowed since Memorial Day.

you can save some water by not watering the hostas- those things are impossible to kill and will survive anything..