Anyone know how to build a Shed Ramp?

Agent86

"Would You Believe..."
I have a new shed and need to build a ramp for it. It's roughly 9 inches off the ground and I have heard that some people use 4x4's and 2x6's to do it.

Does anyone have any good pictures or diagram on how to do this? I've googled a bunch of sites, but don't see anything that stands out and really helps me though. I need to determine the length of the running boards from the 9 inch height, and how to build the box with the 4x4's. :confused:

Thanks in advance guys

When I built my shed I had to do the same thing. I did not want to build it from wood because I would have to paint or protect and probably replace every five years or so. So, here is what I did. 3 pieces of 4x6 PT lumber for the box. Attach the 2 sides to th sill flush with the floor, and have the other end of the side pieces into the ground. My ramp is 8 ft long.Then a piece between them to create the box. Then I filled the box with stone. I put a couple of pieces of lumber into the gravel at the width of the tires on the riding lawn mower. Fill the triangle gaps on the sides with more lumber so the stone doesn't leak out the sides. It has been 20 years now with no maintainance

Thank You Guys!! I knew the Turbobuick brothers always come through... if anyone has anymore pics, let me know.

The biggest part I need to see and know how to do is, how to attach the 2x6 panels to the 4x4's. I'm looking for a photo or diagram if anyone has any.... also how to determine the length of the running ramp. If it's 10 inches high, and I want a non aggressive slope should I use roughly an 8 foot riser from the ground?? I know there's a math formula for dermining this...