Anyone know how to do a rain dance?

We were thinkin of you at 2:30 today. Hope you were thinking of us! The kids passed the stick around, shook it and turned it over and over. Then me and the oldest went down to strip out a sailboat. think I lost 5-7lbs in there! Sweat pouring from my elbow so thick! Just my forearm was creating enough to stream offa me, rather than drip! Farmer's here are saying that rather than continue to try with the droughted corn, they've already plowed it under in S Ohio and west. Seems counterproductive to holding the soil down. Hope we don't end up with a dust bowl. But if you look at the historical cycle, this is the same thing that was going on a hundred years ago, which led to the dust bowl. Stranger yet, economic events are in play which could lead to a replay of the early 20th century in other ways too.

Thousands of cubic yards of Indiana has probably blown over into Ohio in the form of dust clouds. The rain from Jeremy seems to have stalled out in Illinois. This is the typical pattern for this summer.

Rivical, mail me that stick! I will take it to Home Depot to put it in the paint mixing machine.

Holy chit!!! Some strange substance was sprinkling from the sky today!

We got some sprinkles so far but I am holding out hope some of the heavy rain makes it this way. The radar isn't looking so well though. The heavier rain seems to be staying to the south!

Regalnut's been gettin the rain 40mi. west for an hour. Just light rain. Must be moving slow, watching the lightning telegraph from beyond my sightline and it isn't here yet. Gald to here you got the dust settled, not much help. But it's something. Mom was ready to kick my Butt when I grabbed that stick! She's on the Garden Tour that kick's off this weekend. Spent over $300 on last months water bill so it'd look good...

Well we ended up getting about 10 minutes worth of sprinkles. Just enough to put water spots on the cars. There was good showers in the area but just a drizzle here. There are more chances tomorrow. I think we have a 30 percent chance. Keeping the fingers crossed.

Overheard someone saying they got 200 bales of hay on their second cutting of hay and they normally get 800. We got a little here at home yesterday. 10 miles east of me they got over an inch Friday night and yesterday you could see how much better the corn looked already.

Raining here guys ! Thinking of you! Suppose to get some more tomorrow and Wednesday we will see what happens

Keep rubbing it in!
Hey now.....last year we had some major fires less than 10 miles from me and several big field fires that were less than 1 mile away. The fact that I don't have to worry about it as much is a relief to say the least.;) Hopefully you get some soon and keep getting it ans we stop getting as much. I think I cut the grass 3 times last year and so far only once this year.:cool:

I haven't cut the grass since the middle of May. I have been watering the lawn and it still crunches when you walk on it. It sounds like frost covered grass or old dried up leaves on every step. I hate mowing the lawn but I would rather mow than have dead grass. Two years ago we planted a Japanese Maple tree after we cut down a 30 foot pine tree and it was doing really good but the leaves are now starting to wilt. So much for trying to get a shade tree.

There was rain in the area today but none for me. It sat 30 miles west at the state line and never moved east.

Similar story here. It came thru. We watched it coming along , and Zip, got sucked into the lake like every other weak front. They'll even split to leave us dry here. Just the topography. Guess we kinda expect that dryness and fire sorta stuff out west and south, just not here. My water table has dropped by 11-ft. and I'm the only one pulling anything from it in my whole segment of this topography. And that's just for the gardens. Got a feeling we'd be making choices if I depended on it, or others did too. I mowed for the first time since May 3 weeks ago after the last rain, basically just to put some stripes back on the lawn!;)

It is what us poor folk use to dig hole for fence posts. Those fancy gas powered augers cost too much.

It is what us poor folk use to dig hole for fence posts. Those fancy gas powered augers cost too much.
Got an auger for the back of the tractor but the ground here is to hard to use it unless it's rained for several days straight.:( Been using a post hole digger more than I'd like but at least it's working, even if it takes a while.:oops:

I feel for the eastern corn belt states, but it's not much better elsewhere in flyover country. Missouri, Nebraska, and large portions of Iowa and South Dakota are very crispy. It's the worst drought since 88. The corn crop for the most part is already toast. Many cattle feeders are chopping it for sileage or just simply mowing it down after getting the ok from the insurance adjuster. Get ready to feel the pain at the grocery store. And then the GMA and oil pukes will blame it on ethanol. Yeah right.