Alkycontrol GN kits no more

This is a 4 gallon SFI cell in my Mustang. It is vented out the fuel door and strapped down.

Pump is underneath vehicle. ;)

Attachments

• 4 gallon cell_1.JPG
    4 gallon cell_1.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 642
It suprised me one day about 2 years ago in new york when the tech inspector broke my balls about the reservoir being used as a fuel cell. He said it was not legal since the alky was being used as a motor fuel and it needed to be in an approved cell. He let me run anyway but warned that it could be a problem in the future. A one gallon cell behind the bumper is the best bet imo.

Just tell him its a water injection kit :D

Doing a tank under the battery or behind the bumper will have the fill issue to resolve. I'll keep tinkering. It has to look like it belongs. That is the hardest as most GN's do a lot of show and go.

I'll post up as I come up with ideas ;)

It suprised me one day about 2 years ago in new york when the tech inspector broke my balls about the reservoir being used as a fuel cell. He said it was not legal since the alky was being used as a motor fuel and it needed to be in an approved cell. He let me run anyway but warned that it could be a problem in the future. A one gallon cell behind the bumper is the best bet imo.

Just add some blue dye, and tell him it's washer fluid. I can't see them telling every one to drain their washer fluid tanks before they let them race. After all, washer fluid is made of alcohol.

Julio-
What about the V8 regal overflow bottle? You know the one where the fill cap is in the other spot? Its fits, just the fill hole is in a different spot.

I need to convert a tta kit to a gn kit, need a 3 bar map, and can you convert my new GN bottle to work with the existing tta kit?

Bryan 913 888 4899

Julio-
What about the V8 regal overflow bottle? You know the one where the fill cap is in the other spot? Its fits, just the fill hole is in a different spot.

I need to convert a tta kit to a gn kit, need a 3 bar map, and can you convert my new GN bottle to work with the existing tta kit?

Bryan 913 888 4899

Bryan,
Those are long gone. A couple years ago I had ordered one by mistake, when this stuff happened.. it was my first choice. The only tanks left are fpr the 4 door cars. And are smaller, holes in different locations, etc. The shape is generally the same.

Call me on the conversion, yes send me your new reservoir and I can modify it no problem. ;) The hoses are different, but I have plenty of GN hose kits in stock.

I didnt know those v8 ones were discontinued, never hurts to suggest something.
Hope you guys figure something out.

Sent you a pm earlier about some parts on my alky kit.

Thanks
BW

The reservoir used to make the systems are now on national back order with no ETA. GM is having issues. So what has happened is we've had to buy reservoirs at inflated pricing from speculators. The reservoirs currently are limited in quantity.. and when their gone, they are gone. Current pricing on system due to this issue has moved the costs to make the kits +$50.00. At some point decisions as to the way the kit is installed and functions will need to be addressed.

Sorry guys.. times are tough on GM parts. If your on the fence to get a kit... tick tick this is it. I probably wont have enough supply to last mid next month.

Until another solution surfaces.. For those checking 25525470 is the part number.

Glad I ordered my kit in time huh? :biggrin: Thanks Julio

And you called it to, when I spoke with you on the phone u said.. they are about to be all gone, glad i didn't wait..

my car has a ft mount & I was thinking of using a small cell mounted behind the rad & fan mounted from the rad support - should fit between the IC pipes & be away from any heat source?

Wow this is a bummer, but thankfully Julio is staying in biz....

I was going to suggest fabbing up a metal box like tank for the meth and shaping it like the original overflow tank....until I saw that meth boils at 155.

Knowing some cars with 3 inch dp's it can get rather hot under hood. The metal sure wouldn't do much help in shielding off heat.

What would be cool is if you could install a moon style fuel cell in front behind the grille, not to the point of it obstructing too much of the radiator....and having a filler neck snaked up thru maybe the driver side radiator core support?

The trunk mount fuel cell in the spare tire would be cool too if you don't mind not having a spare.

i have my kit on its way cant wait to install it glad i didn't wait

better yet wye can't you build a reservoir tank that looks like the stock unit but allows you to have 2 cell build into it ,one side would carry the fluid for the radiator and the other for the alky?

better yet wye can't you build a reservoir tank that looks like the stock unit but allows you to have 2 cell build into it ,one side would carry the fluid for the radiator and the other for the alky?

I would never consider this. Too many chances of getting the wrong liquid in the wrong hole, seepage between the two tanks, decreased capacity, etc.

If anything it would be a much larger tank to make use of that space besides the dryer.. like in front of the MAP sensor.. so it would have extended capacity.

4th of July week has slowed this progress with many being on vacation. Hopefully this week things start moving forward. Probably many months out. And still working on other ideas.

Why not a tank in place of the battery and shift the batt in the trunk..

That one is easy then. Plenty of universal tanks that will fit. But its not an option on most cars as keeping the battery up front is a need.

I did a 1 gallon cell on the core support where the battery was. This was an SFI cell. This would be the safest and best option, the downside is moving the battery. Another option may be to use an Odyssey Gel battery the small 12v ones and that may fit in that area along with the cell.

Attachments

• 1 Gallon Meth Cell.jpg
    1 Gallon Meth Cell.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 357
Here's a mounting on a tube chassis. See if I can find it on a Buick.

Cal's car we used this tank in the read braced to the bar above the spare tire area.

Attachments

• race_car_mustang_alcohol_007.jpg
    race_car_mustang_alcohol_007.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 333
I would never consider this. Too many chances of getting the wrong liquid in the wrong hole, seepage between the two tanks, decreased capacity, etc.

If anything it would be a much larger tank to make use of that space besides the dryer.. like in front of the MAP sensor.. so it would have extended capacity.

4th of July week has slowed this progress with many being on vacation. Hopefully this week things start moving forward. Probably many months out. And still working on other ideas.

i quess your right,it just sounds like a great idea from where im setting.

Just tell him its a water injection kit :D

I chit you not, he actually took the cap off and stuck his finger in there to see if it was water. Obviously it wasnt.

Just add some blue dye, and tell him it's washer fluid. I can't see them telling every one to drain their washer fluid tanks before they let them race. After all, washer fluid is made of alcohol.

He knew it was being used as a motor fuel seeing the plumbing for it therefore it was not legal. Washer fluid is no problem unless its being used as a motor fuel. Its only 30-40% anyway.