Alkycontrol GN kits no more

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
The reservoir used to make the systems are now on national back order with no ETA. GM is having issues. So what has happened is we've had to buy reservoirs at inflated pricing from speculators. The reservoirs currently are limited in quantity.. and when their gone, they are gone. Current pricing on system due to this issue has moved the costs to make the kits +$50.00. At some point decisions as to the way the kit is installed and functions will need to be addressed.

Sorry guys.. times are tough on GM parts. If your on the fence to get a kit... tick tick this is it. I probably wont have enough supply to last mid next month.

Until another solution surfaces.. For those checking 25525470 is the part number.

How tough is it to sell the parts to modify an existing reservoir

How tough is it to sell the parts to modify an existing reservoir

Two problems, one is the existing reservoir is more than likely filthy inside and the plastic is 20+ years old. And two, it takes some skill to install the compression over the tank outlet nipple. meaning its real easy to screw it up.

If you have access to a brand new GM one, I will honer the old pricing and take off an additional 20. So the kit which is 530 would be 510 you supplying me a new reservoir.

We do have reservoirs in stock recently procured.. but those are going to dry up soon.

Thanks for asking,

Absolutely. I'm not going out of business.. Just wont be able and make it as it is being made.

I still make kits for Vette's, GTO's, Mustangs, Trucks, etc..

And can make the GN system putting a fuel cell in the trunk. Actually sent parts out to complete another Metco cell in the spare tire well of an 87 GN.

All this means.. change may happen... and need to work as time permits on the change. :redface:

I have a feeling we are going to see more and more of this.
I haven't seen or quoted a single after market part all year. But I hear all inventories are real low or non existent. So something has to give.

Two problems, one is the existing reservoir is more than likely filthy inside and the plastic is 20+ years old. And two, it takes some skill to install the compression over the tank outlet nipple. meaning its real easy to screw it up.

If you have access to a brand new GM one, I will honer the old pricing and take off an additional 20. So the kit which is 530 would be 510 you supplying me a new reservoir.

We do have reservoirs in stock recently procured.. but those are going to dry up soon.

Thanks for asking,

I was going to buy one over the winter when the T gets freshened. I guess my timetable just moved up.

I was going to buy one over the winter when the T gets freshened. I guess my timetable just moved up.

Thanks. I would feel bad to be at zero reservoirs in stock then say "guess what... we have no more" and create that issue.

Thanks for asking,

hmmm so when i wanna get my kit are tehy still going to be discontinued for my car too?

Sounds like it's time to figure out a different reservoir...We can keep using the stock reservoir for coolant overflow, and you can put a different alky reservoir in the kit.

I don't know about everyone else, but that's how I would prefer it anyway.

Maybe something that bolts to the stock radiator hold down??

The money from the 2 tanks you include in the kit might not totally cover the cost of it, but a slight increase won't be to horrible.

I vote for coming up with a trunk mounted kit in the spare tire area. :smile:

You have to do a fuel cell if doing it in the trunk. The Metco piece is nice, but I dont know on its availability. Jazz racing makes 1,3,4 gallon SFI cells.

When a fuel goes in the trunk, I tend to favor an SFI cell. I also like to do tank venting externally.. so there can be no fumes inside the trunk. Pump should be mounted externally as well in case of leak. There is a thread floating around here where there are pixs of the metco installed.

I guess anything can be done cheaper.. like a generic plastic tank, plastic lines, no filtering, etc. But i've never been about that with a system with very high pressure and a flammable liquid. Currently the cost of a cell and hoses is in the 300-350 range plus electronics/pump.

Just thinking out loud. :smile:

Sounds like it's time to figure out a different reservoir...We can keep using the stock reservoir for coolant overflow, and you can put a different alky reservoir in the kit.

I don't know about everyone else, but that's how I would prefer it anyway.

Maybe something that bolts to the stock radiator hold down??

The money from the 2 tanks you include in the kit might not totally cover the cost of it, but a slight increase won't be to horrible.

Needs to be plastic, hold a gallon, and needs to be out of the way. The big problems is large turbo's, twin fans, oil cooler lines, AC lines, etc.. the more stuff under the hood.. the more to deal with. And we need to keep the alky from getting directed heat off the radiator.. meth boils at 155 :eek:

Next problem is keep the install time down. When your having to move stuff around everywhere.. it adds labor time.

The way things are looking, I may get a rotomold and make the tank with a larger capacity to go in the OEM reservoir location. And do something with a stronger cap, stronger plastic, etc.

I'll start dealing with it.. maybe GM all of a sudden starts production again.. guess when they say discontinued.. thats when things need to start happening fast.

I have a feeling we are going to see more and more of this.
I haven't seen or quoted a single after market part all year. But I hear all inventories are real low or non existent. So something has to give.

Ronnie, I hear ya. My dealer is complaining about a lot more sensitive parts for late model vehicles. Like ecm, TPS, MAF's. etc that are critical and not available.

I make a product relying on GM. When I can no longer use GM, I find someone else. Simple evolution.. but it makes a drastic change to the way the kit looks and installs.

TTYL

Needs to be plastic, hold a gallon, and needs to be out of the way. The big problems is large turbo's, twin fans, oil cooler lines, AC lines, etc.. the more stuff under the hood.. the more to deal with. And we need to keep the alky from getting directed heat off the radiator.. meth boils at 155 :eek:

There seems to be a lot of space between the core support and the header panel behind the passenger's side headlights, what about there?

If you're moulding a tank you could do something like the newer cars (like the WW resivoir on my 99 silverado. The main tank is hanging below the core support but there's a long neck up to the engine compartment.

Kirban posted in his news letter that they are not on back order but discontinued forever. They are done along with the supply GM had in stock. I'm sure someone will pick up the aftermarket on them but who knows how long before that happens. Those tanks (when using them as antifreeze overflow tanks) get nasty quick. They get brown fast. My alky tank still looks perfect after a few years. I bought 9 sets of both washer and overflow tanks over the years. I guess it paid off finally :cool:

I have 3 new OEM Coolant tanks... These will work, no?

Yup.. send them to me if you want be to build you kits. Or i'll buy them and reciprocate them to others. PM me when your ready.

Thanks