FOUND: Real Deal OE GM trunk weatherstrip WITH LIP SEAL for 86-87

Anthony P

sharing knowledge with those who care to listen
another detailed tech write-up for you all...

vendors said many years ago that I'd never find an OE NOS replacement WITH THE LIP SEAL because, they never found them. if you do a part # lookup, a result thru supercessions is 25558394. THAT IS JUST WRONG. some vendors reference that part number for their aftermarket product. I have that *8394 part in hand thru this project, and it's too short. the ends come pre-glued and the weatherstrip had to be stretched to attempt to install it. it tore within 10 minutes of installation returning to its original, unstretched state. Not surprising as additional research yielded the *8394 part is for the following:

Buick Lesabre, Pontiac Bonneville, Oldsmobile Delta 88 royale, Cadillac Deville, Deville touring sedan, Funeral coach, Fleetwood d'elegance, Fleetwood sixty special, Fleetwood limousine, and Fleetwood brougham (FWD) for the U.S. from 1985 to 1991.

I am convinced that GM made a database error in the early 1990s listing the *8394 part for the 86-87 Regal trunk weatherstrip.

After searching on and off for many, many years (since 1992 actually), I found a supply of the correct OE weatherstrip with the lip seal last year. The craziness is that GM continued to manufacture this part until January 2014! The product I have in sealed GM boxes was packaged on the 354th day of 2013 per the label. It is correct for the 86-87 cars. you can install this on the 84-85 cars however GM used a different profile weatherstrip seal on those cars.

These weatherstrips and their boxes are perfect. They are in limited quantity and then probably gone forever. If you want $10 aftermarket stuff, this is not for you. If you have a concours restoration project or a great car with a torn trunk seal like GNX 060 showed on bring a trailer, I have what you need.

I have this thread posted in the PARTS FOR SALE section.

Pricing is $250 USD shipped with the lower 48 states. Paypal FF. Please private message me if you'd like to purchase.
Trunk Seal - Original 1987 vs NOS_1 - resized copy.jpg
Trunk Seal - Original 1987 vs NOS_2 - resized copy.jpg