Alcohol Or Propain (propane)

Ok, I'm going to stir up the hornet’s nest a little :)

What about Nitrous?
Wouldn’t that give the most power gain?
Or would you have to run racing fuel to get the same benefits. Or could it be used with pump gas because it acts like an intercooler?

I have an Alky setup on my carbed turbo; I haven’t really fully tested it yet. But I like what I’m seeing so far. I run low 13’s, (on c16)shooting for the 12’s this year (added a hood scoop with air pan straight shot into carb. & A vacuum pump). But there is one car at work that run’s 11’s (blown BBC in a big Pontiac). I was thinking of the NOS to get me down there into the 11-second zone. What are your opinion fellows?

Nitrous on pump gas?

Let me know when you try it and Ill send you a broom to sweep up the parts.

Ok, that answers that question. So it’s the high octane for the NOS.

Originally posted by fc227
Ok, that answers that question. So it’s the high octane for the NOS.

Ya'll be picking up them chicken bones...

NOS intercooler..ya..make a nice hole in a piston ;)

It can be done. Way back when I was a young lad, back in the mid 80s, I had a Mustang GT with nitrous on it. Back then, no one hardly even knew what nitrous was, let alone how to tune it or use it. I used to run nitrous with 93 octane all the time.

Of course, knowing now what I didnt know back then, I laugh at some of the stupid sh!t I did and am amazed a the minimal damage I caused (Several sets of head gaskets).

So.. it can be done but even on small jettings, it breaks stuff.

Ran the propain today for the first time,I am very impressed so far.The first few blasts were great,got about a dozen or so in before bottle pressure dropped.It was in the mid 30's for outside temps today.Added some boost and the car pulls incredibly strong as soon as the boost comes up.Now,using the largest jet and unsure of settings on console there was NO bogging or any noticable thing about it kicking on.I have the Power injection light hooked up so I know when the sol is open.I can hear it rushing out of the tank as well.My knock detector was dead quiet in all my test runs except for when I hit a pothole that took out my headlights it was so damn deep:eek: I am very happy with it,I can already tell it works good and is easy to use in the short time I used it already.It will take some getting used to the controls and how they change things, but in time it won't be an issue.Good job Jay!! Still running the street chip,I want to get used to it a little then make the switch to see if it is better.I'll let you know in about a week or so.

Glad to hear its working for you, Dave. Sorry to hear you're still dealing with cold weather :( We've finally got the ball rolling on a heater unit that should be sweet though for those that need it.

I made the switch from alky to propane and with the alky it seemed I was always playing with turn on points, pump speed single nozzle then dual nozzle back to single. Maybe I was just screwing with it to much because I could who knows.

Since the switch in December I can say I set the activation knob and the DC maybe 3 times because of outside temp. With the weather in the 70's-80's here everyday I'm running about 25 PSI each time I take the care out and no bogging, botlle pressure stays up pass the 110 I have it set at and the car screams with the rest of my set up. Now which is better a matter of opinion and mine likes the propane better. :D

Dan

OT, Dan what do you think of your ME-R? I'm waiting for my propain kit as we speak but haven't decided between a ME set up or trans+. Like the idea of ME-R and running open loop all the time. Don't know about the hassle of the MAT or if I'm good enough at tuning to get the benefits. Happy to hear your opinion. BTW will be dropping my alky in favor of propane.

I love the ME-R set up. I have had no problems with it car starts right up idles great and screams when you hammer it. You get the best cutomer service from Steve. I would e-mail him and see what he thinks. The cost is about the same for either but I have had a ME chip for almost 3 years and wouldn't change to another.

Dan