Alcohol Or Propain (propane)

Hey Tim,

If you need me to I can cross the street in the cover of night and write the SN or some other markings as proof for when he does change it. :) I don't doubt John is the type of guy to come at me with a gun for playing under the hood of hid car at night, so I'll chance it. :p

Worse yet, I might have to ask John for help setting up mine once I decide to do it... than maybe we will have 2 people bragging about em. :)

Yeah! Get that serial number! :) And no, I wouldn't want to get caught by 'Red' or any other member under their car. Just take him some prune juice, and when he excuses himself, then get the number....

I got the headstone epitath, epitet, or whatever iit's called.

HERE LIES MY DEAR PUMP
IT RAN REAL GOOD
UNTIL IT TOOK A DUMP

TIM.......THE BOTTOM LINE IS I'VE PUT ACROSS THE CORRECT INFORMATION. YOU HAVEN'T DISPUTED ONE POINT I'VE MADE, IN THIS THREAD OR ANY OF THE OTHERS, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T. :p ALL YOU'VE DONE IS WRITE BAD JOKES. COMEDY IS NOT YOUR FORTE. :rolleyes: I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE JUST BEING SILLY, IN CAPS. ;)

THOSE OF YOU WHO WISH TO HAVE AN ALKY SYSTEM THAT WORKS WELL, FOR UNDER $175, NEED TO BE AWARE THAT IT IS EASY TO PUT TOGETHER, RELIABLE AND EASY TO MAINTAIN, AND WILL PUT YOU AT LEAST INTO THE 11s, IF THAT'S WHERE YOU WANT TO GO. EVERYBODY ISN'T LOOKING TO GO 10s DUE TO POSSIBLE ENGINE/PARTS BREAKAGE. A TOTAL PARTS LIST AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE STEVE MONROE DIY WEBSITE. AGAIN, THANKS TO STEVE MONROE FOR MAKING IT EASY AND INEXPENSIVE TO GO FAST ON THE STREET OR STRIP, WITH HIS ALKY KIT RECIPE. CHECK IT OUT! ;)

Hey I got your bad joke right here!

Did you guys know Red just finished his latest motion picture in whish he stars as a Pirate bent on seduction?

Go and see it at the local theatre, but don't take the kids because.......

It's AAAAARRRRRRRRR Rated. :)

Last post..

arg arg arg,shiver me TIMbers and BLOW me down.How far can you get on $5.00 worth of alchy anyways Captain CAPS? Pay now or pay later,simple as that.Hey Tim,do you think he will recommend group therapy next?? Yes I do have a good vision,that is how I can see the benefits of propane and those with blinders on can't.This just proves once again that what Red has is the cats a$$ and if you think you can do better than you are in for a "debate" or at the least a rude comment or two.

Red Regal T Make a rude comment? I've seen him be direct, never rude. Unless you are rude to him first, then you get what you get.

We don't know if alchy can produce more power than propane or not, so I wouldn't be all that sold on the system until more track results are in.

So far we have seen RWHP gains of 45 using propane.

I remember a post a half a year ago where a member here dyno tested his alchy system, and got more like a 60 RWHP gain. Not sure tho, I'm going to go see if I can find the post....

TurboBuickSix you state you can see the bebefits of propane, and then state that Red has the best system. (cat's ass). Are you trying to sit on the fence on this, or you one of those people keen on stirring up trouble? :)

If the latter, I am wise to your little game, and the only thing harder than trying to fool an old fool, is trying to fool two of them! ;)

If it's the former, then refer to the latter, later. :)

Originally posted by Red Regal T
TIM.......THE BOTTOM LINE IS I'VE PUT ACROSS THE CORRECT INFORMATION. YOU HAVEN'T DISPUTED ONE POINT I'VE MADE, IN THIS THREAD OR ANY OF THE OTHERS, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T. :p ALL YOU'VE DONE IS WRITE BAD JOKES. COMEDY IS NOT YOUR FORTE. :rolleyes: I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE JUST BEING SILLY, IN CAPS. ;)

AH YES!......MORE OF THE SAME. ANYBODY READING YOUR COMICAL :rolleyes: REPLIES, CAN SEE THAT. IT'S PUZZLING. MANY IN THIS FORUM OWE YOU A DEBT OF GRATITUDE FOR THE MANY THOUGHTFUL ANSWERS YOU'VE GIVEN FOR PROBLEMS THEY MAY BE HAVING WITH WHATEVER TYPE OF SYSTEM THEY ARE USING. I REALLY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HELP THEM WITH THEIR OVERCOMPLICATED SYSTEMS. :confused:

turbo6
AS I SAID IN ANOTHER POST, NO SENSE DEBATING ALCHOHOL/PROPANE COSTS.......BESIDES, IF YOU READ THESE POSTS, YOU'LL SEE NOBODY'S DEBATING ME. AREN'T YOU MORE INTERESTED IN CAPITAL LETTERS? DID YOU GET YOUR EARPLUGS YET? WHAT'S YOUR POINT? I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY. :rolleyes:

:)

If you really meant that 'debt of gratitude stuff, then that was really sweet!

I don't expect a thank-you for what I hope is helping other members, but it sure is nice of you to take the time.

You are a swell guy John! :)

TurboBuickSix, there now see how badly you have mis-judged my good friend? Don't feel bad. John and I have secret code way of expressing our feelings of deep respect towards each other.

If you have any questions regarding the unseen content of his postings, please let me know. He is very shy sometimes, and hides his good intention with what might be regarded by others as obtuse dialogue.. Far from it!

I sorta understand John, and the myraid of personalities he rides herd on. I will be translating his threads in the future so that the beautifull person that is RedRegalT shall not be lost on the rest of us.

As usual, I will not expect appreciation for this free service. England had Bletchly Park, (code breakers) now you guys got me...:)

Originally posted by Turbo__Tim
:)

If you really meant that 'debt of gratitude stuff, then that was really sweet!

I don't expect a thank-you for what I hope is helping other members, but it sure is nice of you to take the time.

You are a swell guy John! :)

TIM, I ABSOLUTELY MEANT WHAT I SAID. I'VE SEEN YOU GIVING OUT A LOT OF GOOD INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM FOR QUITE SOME TIME. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! ;)

No Tim,I'm not trying to stir it up,I was referring to his response to my first post in this thread,you may call it direct but it sure seemed rude to me seeing that I don't know him from a bucket of paint,but it's water under the bridge to me at this point.I am not trying to say one is better than the other,simply that the propane is worth the $$ and has alot of potential.I just got my car running today after all the upgrades and at 11 psi I was impressed.I want to get a feel for it before I turn on the propane.As I said before I have never run alchy before so I can't compare,except for what I have found out so far and that is the fact that spending $5.00,you get alot more propane than alchohol.The cost of the kit is more but the fuel is ALOT cheaper so it seems to even out in the end,that is the POINT that must have been missed by some.Now it would have been nice if someone got in and said well a bottle of alchy cost such and such at such and such per year blah blah blah..to keep it on track,but we got .............GLAD THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. :rolleyes: instead.I've said all I can here and will not post again to this thread,sorry if anyone is offended.

I would agree that providing the propane works as well as the alky system that it would be the way to go. I can justify the cost difference because of the parts to make it work, and the bottom line is you are spending $$ for something that gets the job done so each to thier own.

I like the concept that when your BBQ runs out of propane you should have a extra in the trunk of the car, and you also can use it for the BBQ at the track. I would like to see the face on the guy at the refill station when you pop open the trunk for a refill.

I will say that in the battle for which is better, that will be a bloody war.

TurboBuickSix,

this thread has taken more turns than a scenic railway! You have nothing to apologize for! Yes, Red can make you see red, he is gifted that way. :) He also spends a lot of time gathering up parts for these cars, and sells them for a very reasonable price. He absolutely hates to see people waste their money, and this is the driving force behind his remarks.

With him you get the truth, he doesn't pretty it up. Better than geting a lie that's easy to swallow I guess. ;)

I was kidding about you stirring things up. Sorry. Very easy to be misunderstood, and water under the bridge is a good way to go. My mother used to say 'have a tough hide, and a tender heart'. I like that one.

I'm glad to see things are comming along well, you are wise to take your time. If you handle tuning the way you handle this situation your car is in good hands. :) I'm sure you won't be second guessing yourself with the propain kit. Tho is comes at a premium, it is well engineered and should work as well as one could expect.

I hope you will be posting back soon, and let us know what you honestly think. Give us the ugly truth, we can handle it...:)

I would agree that if the propane works as well as the alky system that it would be the way to go. I can justify the cost difference because of the parts to make it work, and the bottom line is you are spending $$ for something that gets the job done so each to thier own.

Ted A,

That's it in a nut shell! We all have the free will to chose to spend our money the way we want. It's called Capitalism!

It's good to make an informed decision. Propane is easier, more convenient, and in brief testing of my kit, I had almost no knock at all. Alchy on the other hand could be less expensive, and maybe give better performance. If you have to tinker for it a while, so what? It's called having fun!

Good thing you can't cook with propane. Could make choosing betwen the two a bit more difficult. *G*

I don't think we need any wars around here tho. That would make Red Regal T happy, and we don't want that do we? ;)

turbot2112,

The bottle warmer is another thorny issue. (Gees I hope you aren't stirring things up! <grin>) The jury is still out on that one. One guy sold his kit over that issue? Come on, there has to be a way to compensate! This is why we need to hear from people testing these kits!

I'll be testing my propane system tomorrow. I think I'll start a new thread tho...:). I'll be testing the alchy system as well. Should be interesting to see if I can make the two of them work together.

Well thanks to all who have replied with technical info and experiences with both systems ,I would like to know a little more detail on the bottle warmer for the propain system, At what temp's would someone need a bottle warmer and what is the cost of one?

Kinda late in the thread..JayC you claim the car made 45 hp and all you did was connect the propane to the up-pipe.

See this kind of stuff quirks me. no car picks up power by giving it octane by itself..unless it needed it to begin with. The idea of alky and propane is to enable running higher boost than could be afforded on 93 octane by itself.thats where the power is to be had. On boost :)

Limits on alky seem to be in the lower 120's for HP..

My car will make 450 to the wheels on ALKY.stock from the TB down on 93 w alky. Even has the plastic timing chain. My sig is real.

When I see the propane system running in at least a few cars in the 10's..then it will be better. For know..alcohol has the numbers to back it up.

I want to see the propane kits work, hell I'll switch to the better mousetrap.

Till then..

Originally posted by Razor
Kinda late in the thread..JayC you claim the car made 45 hp and all you did was connect the propane to the up-pipe.

See this kind of stuff quirks me. no car picks up power by giving it octane by itself..unless it needed it to begin with. The idea of alky and propane is to enable running higher boost than could be afforded on 93 octane by itself.thats where the power is to be had. On boost :)

Jay clearly stated a change in boost pressure from 17-24 with the introduction of the propane to the engine in this run...http://turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78804 :confused:

So this is 60 HP at the flywheel? Somewhere near that anyway. I'd say you are getting close to the $10 per HP figure there. Not too bad.

The jury is still out on the bottle warmer issue. IMO

Oops my bad then..sorry..thats what I get for posting when sleeeepy...

Back under my rock..

We're hard at work on the bottle heater issue. You can rest assured that by the time they are needed again, we'll have something trick to offer.

I'm also talking with a couple of different sources about a new control module so we'll see what pans out there.