6265 Turbo timeslips

Guys,

I was referencing Mr. Spools comment not the TS.
Since the TS has already gone 117mph with his 49, it would
be logical for him to upgrade to go faster.
Unfortunately I have seen a lot of other people upgrade with out even
having a good tune up on the previous combination.

The 62 CEA is a nice wheel that easily makes 10 second power.
However I bet Precision has sold 5 minimum for each one that
actually made it in the 10s.

I spoke to Patrick Rubio and Precision a couple weeks ago.
He would like to see a Buick run the PT5862 CEA. HP Rating: 615

http://www.precisionturbo.net/Stree...Street-and-Race-Turbocharger---PT5862-CEA/233

Guys,

I was referencing Mr. Spools comment not the TS.
Since the TS has already gone 117mph with his 49, it would
be logical for him to upgrade to go faster.
Unfortunately I have seen a lot of other people upgrade with out even
having a good tune up on the previous combination.

The 62 CEA is a nice wheel that easily makes 10 second power.
However I bet Precision has sold 5 minimum for each one that
actually made it in the 10s.

I spoke to Patrick Rubio and Precision a couple weeks ago.
He would like to see a Buick run the PT5862 CEA. HP Rating: 615

http://www.precisionturbo.net/Stree...Street-and-Race-Turbocharger---PT5862-CEA/233
I'll try it. I can back to back it up to 30 psi on the dyno. The only one on here who I know of that came close on maxing a 6262 is gn4u2c. I'd bet there is nothing over the 58 compressor till you get over 550whp.

I hope to get Quadzillas car to the track soon, for reference though With his RPE aluminum headed stroker motor we made 612 RWHP at 22#s on pump gas.
There is a rental in Sept at Atco Raceway where we hope to make a few runs with it.

with all things being equal, would this spool quick than a 6262?

The 6262 spools pretty hard at 2800rpm. You could get by with a 2600 if you had to though. So spool is really not an issue with the billet 62 wheel imo.

The 6262 spools pretty hard at 2800rpm. You could get by with a 2600 if you had to though. So spool is really not an issue with the billet 62 wheel imo.
Maybe the roller bearing version. The journal needs more though.

john,in brief the combo at the time,29.6 dr,3.70 rear,62/65bb .82,10.5 3200 protorque,motor had champion iron heads,intake,diamond pistons,k1 rods,212/212 cam,pump gas alky.49 car had mild port stock ported heads,intake,stock cam,stock bottum end,same converter,410 gear and .63 garret housing,pump gas alky,and both combo's had a larger intercooler.

also the 49 isn't done at 117mph,and i did not by any means max out the 62/65.i later switched to the smaller ex housing and was really happy with the turbo but didn't get any numbers on the .63 before it had to come off.if the combo is right it is a great street turbo.

I was being facetious.:wink:

I wasn't.:biggrin:

When I first got this turbo and got the boost under semi-control, I loaded it with 101, TT ALky chip and hooked up both alky lines. Boost set about 25#'s and I headed the highway. Monitored with DS and made two passes to 100+ from a 25-30 MPH roll. Had a lot of fluttering in a couple of spots which I was told was from too much alky. Both runs clocked 40 to 100 in just under 5 flat. Nothing special about the tune, 23/21, timing, 43# fuel pressure line off, and dump cap closed.

Have not been able to replicate those times and recently when I was looking at them real close trying to figure out why, I was pulling several readings through the graph page and one had a huge "V" in the middle. It was the HP calculation which I always thought was a joke. In both cases, the car spent about a half second at the same speed. Looking at the MPH graph closely, I could see the flat spot as clear as a bell. Now, 40 to 100 in under 5 is pretty good, as it took the car 5.4 to do that in my 10.94 run but to do that in the 4.5-4.6 range is pretty strong.

If I could post a picture of the "V" graph I would.

Point is that the 6562 can make some serious power.

john,in brief the combo at the time,29.6 dr,3.70 rear,62/65bb .82,10.5 3200 protorque,motor had champion iron heads,intake,diamond pistons,k1 rods,212/212 cam,pump gas alky.49 car had mild port stock ported heads,intake,stock cam,stock bottum end,same converter,410 gear and .63 garret housing,pump gas alky,and both combo's had a larger intercooler.

The first combo sounds like a brutal street / strip car.
I would like to have something similar except I have 3.42 and MT275/60/15s
that are about 27.3 inches tall.

also the 49 isn't done at 117mph,and i did not by any means max out the 62/65.i later switched to the smaller ex housing and was really happy with the turbo but didn't get any numbers on the .63 before it had to come off.if the combo is right it is a great street turbo.

I know we went 120ish with a 44 back in the early 90s.
It was a T-Top car that was heavier than stock.
I have heard of some in the 124-125 range.
On the other hand I have seen both those turbos on cars
that could not break into the 12s....

john,it does doesn't it.but truth be told the 49,410 combo was faster (125mph at 3750 lbs).i think the really tall tire and the large ex housing really softened the bottum end,that or maybe the converter wasn't loose enough.when i put the smaller ex housing on the 62/65 it woke right up and i was very happy.i have a dusty 9.5 non-locker in the car now on a bigger turbo.i think guys looking at the 62/65 turbo must run the 9.5 to get the most out of it.

I have a dusty 9.5 non-locker in the car now on a bigger turbo.i think guys looking at the 62/65 turbo must run the 9.5 to get the most out of it.
I have said this time and time again. Most think a non lock is not for street cars. They couldn't be more wrong. You get it on both ends with those converters

I have said this time and time again. Most think a non lock is not for street cars. They couldn't be more wrong. You get it on both ends with those converters

It's one of those things beat in our heads from the old days...things have changed since then:biggrin:

Wow. I really thought there would be more times on these turbos. I see one so far. Starting to wonder if I shouldn't go with a 70mm to make sure I can make the numbers I am hoping for, the problem is I don't want to have to stall the car up to 3400-3500 to spool the turbo.

Not sure if I maxed out the ta49. I would say I was close.