6262 / 6265 Billet Compressor Wheels

Mile Hi GN

When something appears too good to be true - it usually is. That being said, the following appear to be "truths" regarding Precisions new billet wheel Turbo's.

1) Existing water cooled center section kits will work.

2) Billet wheels are lighter and stronger than cast wheels.

3) Lighter mass at the center allows billet wheels to sport more aggressive and aerodynamic blade designs.

4) Supports up to 650 to 680 HP.

5) Less compressor wheel mass means quicker spool - all things being equal.

6) Same max power as bigger wheels, but more power at all points below.

This seems like a world beater. Other than the cost, what's the downside?

Thanks, I'm one click north of immediately driving to Hebron and camping in the parking lot until mine's ready.

When something appears too good to be true - it usually is. That being said, the following appear to be "truths" regarding Precisions new billet wheel Turbo's.

1) Existing water cooled center section kits will work.

2) Billet wheels are lighter and stronger than cast wheels.

3) Lighter mass at the center allows billet wheels to sport more aggressive and aerodynamic blade designs.

4) Supports up to 650 to 680 HP.

5) Less compressor wheel mass means quicker spool - all things being equal.

6) Same max power as bigger wheels, but more power at all points below.

This seems like a world beater. Other than the cost, what's the downside?

Thanks, I'm one click north of immediately driving to Hebron and camping in the parking lot until mine's ready.

Lance,

No body knows what these will make on a Buick motor yet.
However they are making big power on the import cars.
Here is the information from my post on the subject:

I spoke to Precision Turbo today and asked some questions about the billet wheels.

-The 62 Billet Wheel is ratee at 670 FWHP
-They know of a DOHC Import Motor that has made 750 RWHP on E85 (62/62)
That is around 800 FWHP....Now obviously a pushrod motor will be less efficient and will not spin to 10K but this is still very promising.
-There is a 62 with a 35R hot side that made 800 RWHP according to shearerfab.com
-according to Precision Turbo the 62 should be an all around better turbo than the wheels it replaces.

Man I need to get my junk together!!!

Hey John..

Speaking of which, have you bolted up your 6265?

I read of an Evo that made 700+ or so HP, however, that was at 42 PSI.

not that this will help anyone...but i just put my new 6265 journal brng. on last week.. new this time around is the ported irons and intake,62mm T/body,denso 280 and the turbo.cant wait to test it out...converter stalls at about 2500..hope it will be ok. on the fence about a second alky line though... i do have one but hear tunning can be more trouble than its worth. and not sure its needed either? i do want it to be as fast as poosible,of course. any thoughts about 2nd line appriciated.

Just got my GT 6265 dbl BB installed. Stop and go driveability feels about the same as the TA-61 that I took off. Once this thing spools, it comes on fast and hard. Right now I've got a 3400-3600 stall non LU converter. I plan on going to a 3000-3200 non LU:) . Had a overboost problem when I first put the turbo on. The hole for the waist gate puck is only about 7/8". The puck on my THDP is almost 1 1/2". It would'nt alow me to turn the boost down below about 25 psi:eek: . Just got done porting the hole out today. Hope to get to the dyno in the next week or two. I'll post results.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

FYI. I had the same problem with over-boosting on my 6262. Once I talked with the guys at Precision I got it worked out. Had to port my hole out, as well. No more issues with boost!

Hey Lance, good to see you on here.
Long time no read bro.

Welp, here's what I can add to this thread.

All of your statements are true. We will start hearing about more results within the next few months as more proliferation takes place. They are gearing up to offer billet compressor wheels in pretty much all of their models. I wish I would have brought my new catalog with me.

"What was that???"

Yep, picked up a copy of Precisions' new catalog at the PRI show last week. I had a good conversation with Jim about the new products, and you guys are gonna love them. Got to hold one of the newest wheels, that we've all been waiting for too. No I'm not gonna tell ya yet what it was. :rolleyes: ;) ;)

I think I have made up my mind with my current combo. I think I'm going to change my turbo over to a 6262, but that will have to wait for awhile. I need a tranny first.

I'll post up some very interesting info later tonight once I have access to my new catalog.

Nothing like a little suspense to keep the day going ehh?

Good to see ya Lance.

Patrick

got me wondering about my puck now...25 is where i do want boost to be....are there other adverse affects if puck seat not ported out ?

I think I have made up my mind with my current combo. I think I'm going to change my turbo over to a 6262, but that will have to wait for awhile. I need a tranny first.

Patrick

Huh, i think im in the same boat:) My basically stock trans. can only last so long:) 62 billet wheel sounds nice but im hoping for a 67 billet wheel perhaps:confused: :biggrin:

atr DP

Would anyone know if I'm gonna have this same problem with the puck on my atr DP with external waste gate.

With the flow potential of all of these latest PTE turbos, it is highly recommended that you always port the wastegate hole just smaller than the puck size for internally gated downpipes. As for externally gated downpipes, you want to port the hole all they way out to the same ID size as the feed pipe that feeds the external wastegate. Typically, this is just shy of 1.5".
Yes, port the wastegate hole on the turbine housing just smaller then the ID of the wastegate pipe feeding the ATR gate, or you could have boost control issues.

HTH

Patrick

With the flow potential of all of these latest PTE turbos, it is highly recommended that you always port the wastegate hole just smaller than the puck size for internally gated downpipes. As for externally gated downpipes, you want to port the hole all they way out to the same ID size as the feed pipe that feeds the external wastegate. Typically, this is just shy of 1.5".
Yes, port the wastegate hole on the turbine housing just smaller then the ID of the wastegate pipe feeding the ATR gate, or you could have boost control issues.

HTH

Patrick

Why don't they come already ported out? Is it because of the fact that some of the turbos are being used with internal wastegated turbos and some with external wastegates? Seems like only a couple of different puck/wastegate hole would be needed.....save us some porting.

Why don't they come already ported out? Is it because of the fact that some of the turbos are being used with internal wastegated turbos and some with external wastegates? Seems like only a couple of different puck/wastegate hole would be needed.....save us some porting.
Because the various dp's all vary in the swing valve location and puck size and if they ported it in the wrong location or size it could leak. This is best left o the installer. You can do it righ ton the car with a carbide bur. The metal chips wont hurt the turbo. Ive done it plenty of times myself on different cars.

Yup, took me about an hour start to finish. Simple deal once I figured out why I was over-boosting. Ported hole using prussian blue and leaving turbo on the car.

HOWEVER...I did lose a headgasket in the bargain this summer, or I would have been reporting some track times. Oh well, always next year. :eek:

Cant wait to find out what these wheels will really do! :biggrin: