6262 / 6265 Billet Compressor Wheels

Why don't they come already ported out? Is it because of the fact that some of the turbos are being used with internal wastegated turbos and some with external wastegates? Seems like only a couple of different puck/wastegate hole would be needed.....save us some porting.

And the second reason is, PTE uses the same casting for multiple turbine wheels. One casting could fit 3-5 different turbine wheels. They get the raw castings in, and schedule how many will be cut for HP turbine wheel, HPQ turbine wheel, T31 turbine wheel, T350 turbine wheel, P-trim turbine wheel, etc etc. So porting out that hole could affect that machining process.

And bison is correct, due to the differces with each manufacturers downpipes, the location of the puck/swing valve varies. I can attest to that fact, as with my previous job, one of our projects was a 3" downpipe. Maintaining proper clearances with prebent pipe was very hard to come by with pretty much all of the pipe benders out there, and with regard to flapper valve installation, unless the builder uses a jig and is able to replicate the same dimensions every time, the placement of the puck and swing valve can vary. This is why it is so critical to port the wastegate hole to your downpipe swing valve that you are going to run.
Way back when, PTE ran into all kinds of customer complaints when offering this ported wg hole service, and it was directly related to differences in puck placement between the downpipes. So they stopped offering that service about 6 years ago.

HTH

Patrick

And the second reason is, PTE uses the same casting for multiple turbine wheels. One casting could fit 3-5 different turbine wheels. They get the raw castings in, and schedule how many will be cut for HP turbine wheel, HPQ turbine wheel, T31 turbine wheel, T350 turbine wheel, P-trim turbine wheel, etc etc. So porting out that hole could affect that machining process.

And bison is correct, due to the differces with each manufacturers downpipes, the location of the puck/swing valve varies. I can attest to that fact, as with my previous job, one of our projects was a 3" downpipe. Maintaining proper clearances with prebent pipe was very hard to come by with pretty much all of the pipe benders out there, and with regard to flapper valve installation, unless the builder uses a jig and is able to replicate the same dimensions every time, the placement of the puck and swing valve can vary. This is why it is so critical to port the wastegate hole to your downpipe swing valve that you are going to run.
Way back when, PTE ran into all kinds of customer complaints when offering this ported wg hole service, and it was directly related to differences in puck placement between the downpipes. So they stopped offering that service about 6 years ago.

HTH

Patrick

Thanks for the info. It's kinda funny that Cotton's Shop called me with a question about my order just as I was reading your post, wanting to know my TB size. I asked the guy about porting the puck hole and he said that they were already doing that for me! :biggrin: That is service.....Jack had taken my order this morning and got all the info about my setup. I did not know that they were going to port the hole for me..........needless to say this has been a great day........ordered a bunch of parts, got great service from them...........some other parts came in from Casper's today......dang.......can't wait for the wife to get home since I been batting 1000 since I got up today. :biggrin: :biggrin: ....................might do some doe hunting!!! :biggrin:

Thanks for the info. It's kinda funny that Cotton's Shop called me with a question about my order just as I was reading your post, wanting to know my TB size. I asked the guy about porting the puck hole and he said that they were already doing that for me! :biggrin: That is service.....Jack had taken my order this morning and got all the info about my setup. :biggrin:

Jack Cotton is awesome. He is doing the same for me. I am very excited about the 6262 turbo.