All‐new Ultra High‐Flow CEA turbine wheels announced

I think the Buick guys will push their combos harder! Money to upgrade to bigger and better parts isn't as abundant as it was before the economy went down. Now people are forced to use what they have and make the best of it until it breaks.
With that comes the angry customers that made a recent purchase and didn't know the new wheel was coming. I can understand because I just had a friend order one. A few years back it would have been as simple as posting it for sale then adding on the rest for the "new" one.

My street legal TR on this past Saturday night went 10.53 at 127.48 mph on the "old tech" 6765 purchased in August.

Like I said in an earlier post....

"The posts in this thread indicate that many were PM'd with possible remedies. I'm not one of those people.

I only know what I've read here because, well, I don't really know why that is.

I do find it somewhat disappointing though.

That's my 2 cents. I've said my piece and I'm done with all of this now.

I'll live with what I have because my car still kicks f**ing ass anyhow!"

I would have liked for this to have been a more satisfiying "customer service experience", but the numbers tell me I really don't have too much to bitch about, now do I? :D

'Nuff said......

Thanks PTE, I couldn't have gone that fast without your turbo.

My street legal TR on this past Saturday night went 10.53 at 127.48 mph on the "old tech" 6765 purchased in August.

Like I said in an earlier post....

"The posts in this thread indicate that many were PM'd with possible remedies. I'm not one of those people.

I only know what I've read here because, well, I don't really know why that is.

I do find it somewhat disappointing though.

That's my 2 cents. I've said my piece and I'm done with all of this now.

I'll live with what I have because my car still kicks f**ing ass anyhow!"

I would have liked for this to have been a more satisfiying customer service experince, but the numbers tell me I really don't have much to bitch about.:D

'Nuff said......

I would like like to hear more about your pass, can you forward me the thread or send me a PM?

Thanks.

Datar,

Here is the dyno sheet you are talking about.View attachment 144997

‎30HP and 62TQ at peak is impressive. 23HP and 18TQ Average is no joke either.
Most Buick guys will not run their stuff hard enough to see this improvement.

Here is some more information from them:

"Precision's latest Turbo, the 6766 is finally here. STM has tested this turbo in the "Ricer" Evo VIII for the 2011 race season before we even knew what the turbo was to be called! We replaced our previous 6765 from 2010 and with this new turbo we would have expected a loss in spool, but quite the contrary, it spools faster with a significant gain in power. So far we have topped the charts out at 846 HP on our Mustang dyno with 1/4 mile trap speeds of 167 mph... and that's the number that matters!"

looks like it spools about the same (which isn't a bad thing, but the data does not support it spooling quicker)

I didn't care for the EVO comparison but I did like the way the Supra dyno information was presented. Although the comparisons were never at the exact same boost levels, 67/65 was always 1-2 PSI lower than the 67/66, it did appear the 67/65 would be pretty darn close to the 67/66 at the same boost level. It does appear the new 66 CEA turbine wheel is slightly better on the top end but not worth sending it in for an upgrade unless you want to run over 35 PSI.

Anyone want to sell me their 67/65?

BTW, on the EVO dyno graph, it looks like it could spool slower. Look at 4000 RPM. The 67/65 is quite a bit higher until the party starts.

I would like like to hear more about your pass, can you forward me the thread or send me a PM?

Thanks.

This little TR was built by Lou Czarnota, and the only comments regarding the turbo on it are in this very thread, they are #'s 4, 8, 40 & 46....

Like I said, the only legitimate gripe I might "feel" I have is from a customer service perspective.

I deal with super high line car owners all day long and have to bite the bullet far more often than I would like.

I feel some some kind of personal contact was warranted here, however, PTE evidently didn't see it that way.

It's really no skin off my nose, it's a street car for hecks sake, how much horsepower is enough?

But I will say this.

I will be certain to look at other vendors when I decide upgrade. That is a fact.

Doing so doesn't say I will find and/or be able to buy something superior, because PTE is the s**t, but it does say I will look elsewhere , I never would have thought to look any where else, because of the great reputation PTE has. Now I will.

Lou posted up a thread " Congrat's Guy Cunningham" on Saturday night after we spent some time on the phone together while I was at the track giving my TR her maiden voyages down the strip.

That might provide more insight but I will break it down here.

RJRenolds took the time to come out and help me shake the car out, and it was he that peddled the car to the 10.53.

The track officials were ready to throw me out after the first pass (10.97 @ 126)

RJ calmed them down and managed to get us 3 more passes, albeit slow passes, to gather data.

2 of those passes were 6.76 @ 102 and 6.93 @ 103 1/8 mile runs before letting off so we didn't get tossed!

The last pass was a 10.58 @ 127.49 with a driver (RJ) who had driven the car that night the first time and for only 2 passes.

I think we done OK.

Again, without the PTE turbo that was on this car, it likely wouldn't have run as good as it did.

I think the test was done on a fully built STM tuned EVO, the boost on the 6766 was a few pounds higher than the 6765 which = 65hp increase in peak power. The turbos were pretty close in power at the same boost. It seems the new 66 wheel was pushed further and the 6765 was done at a certain boost due to back pressure? Must have been in the high 30s low 40s for boost....
I don't think majority of Buicks on here will see the new found potential of these turbos as mentioned by Bison in earlier in this thread.

Datar

I was told a fairly stock supra.... and it was around 25 psi......not an EVO. I am thinking these are two different cars and different dyno tests.....

The dyno test John linked is alot closer..... this could be the same car......

I didn't care for the EVO comparison but I did like the way the Supra dyno information was presented. Although the comparisons were never at the exact same boost levels, 67/65 was always 1-2 PSI lower than the 67/66, it did appear the 67/65 would be pretty darn close to the 67/66 at the same boost level. It does appear the new 66 CEA turbine wheel is slightly better on the top end but not worth sending it in for an upgrade unless you want to run over 35 PSI.

Anyone want to sell me their 67/65?

BTW, on the EVO dyno graph, it looks like it could spool slower. Look at 4000 RPM. The 67/65 is quite a bit higher until the party starts.

I spotted the boost issue also. I didn't do any testing, help do the swaps, or supply parts/ car so I will take what I can get for info. I do feel that testing the 66 wheel at 1 psi less would make more of a statement since it seems that boost control is not really being taken to seriously. Kinda like tellng me the ZEX nitrous kit is better that NOS kit after using bigger jets in the ZEX kit. :wink:

Any feed back on what the new 6262 and 6266 like for a stall on a well built stock stroke? I would like to see a 6466. I think that would have alot of possibilities.

Any feed back on what the new 6262 and 6266 like for a stall on a well built stock stroke? I would like to see a 6466. I think that would have alot of possibilities.

[video=youtube;y5Vv7NvcdHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Vv7NvcdHY[/video]

mods in sig, 15 psi on the transbrake