4.71 at 158

Dusty Bradford

I went testing this weekend hoping to get some data. I have made 3 previous passes but only got 1 log of useful data. My last pass was 4.83 at 153 with a 1.22 60' and I got a log to tune from. Boost was 22 psi and afr was 8.3.

I loaded the new fuel map in the car and went to my local track just hoping to get some data. 1st pass was 4.84 at 158 with a 1.24 60'. Still no log but I did feel the car was a little lazy in high gear so I pulled another 5%. 2nd pass went 4.80 at 160 with a 1.27 60' but still no log. I reconfigured the logger and tried it one more time. Only change was to address the slower 60'. I guessed that the higher launch rpm was eating up my boost so I added 2# to the launch. It got me a 1.19 4.71 at 158.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Very nice.. definitely like those track outings where progress is made so clearly.

WOW!!!!
Damn Dusty you have the suspension working very well !!!!! Great job

Bryan

Thanks. I've learned the value of good shock control. I swapped to a coil over TRZ front suspension with a Santhuff double adjustable shock with a stiffer pro mod valving. That pass was with full front end travel. With my old QA1's on the front the car would have flipped over backwards. These being much stiffer let me use the front end travel to keep the weight on the rear tires down track when I'm pouring on the power but the front doesn't rise so fast I have a wheel stand. These shocks won't reach full travel for nearly 1.5 seconds where the QA1 even at full tight would extend in .3. Major difference.

Looks great! Was that on 275's? Let me know if you need help with the logger.

I can't believe how that things leaves at a 1.2 with 3 inches of air under the left front tire. It acts like a rail car. Unbelievable.

It's on Q16 so it was very rich. Using the only high gear log I have, I pulled 18% fuel out but I have gotten no other logs since so I have no idea where the tune is at. I have an issue with the return line being undersized for this pump so my fuel psi isn't linear with the boost curve. Just some usual new car bugs to work around.

Cal I have a few questions about the logger so I'll call later. I feel it's in the Windows 7 or USB on my new laptop. Next time out I'm going back to my old serial port computer to see how it acts.

Nice pass bud.. I agree 100% on the shocks. I talked to Santhuff Friday about the same ones for my car. I'm doing the same thing.. TRZ a arms, santhuff coil overs, and lamb brakes. Unsprung weight and shock control makes life so much easier..