4.71 at 158

Send me a pic. Have some at work if not I have a book that has any clips in the world in it maybe!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

[quote="Dusty Bradford, Your the paint man. Do they have metal retaining clips or are we stuck with the plastic clips?[/quote]

When I bought new molding I also bought the plastic clips like original, not thinking about about. My bodyman said I should have got the metal clips! Who knew?
I'll check and if I find anything I'll post up.

[quote="tbone87, pt I have a book that has any clips in the world in it maybe!![/quote]

If you find anything, please post it up!

This plastic trim molding may be needed. I'll check if it is on my new trim when I get to the garage this week.
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1884
May be able to see it better using IE...

Have not located any metal clips just yet...

Hey guys! Go to any plate glass shop and ask for some 440 tape or glazing tape, It's a two way tape and won't hurt the glass or the windshield moldings it comes in a roll it's 1/16 or 1/8 inch thick by a 1/4" , Take all the moldings off carefully and were the plastic strip is on the back take the tape and run it along that strip at the front and then peal the paper back when the moldings are ready to go back on then push on the moldings and they will seal it to the glass.try not to touch the tap because it starts to louse it's stickiness hope that can help.

yes, my windshield was replaced too! Now I just saw this weekend that pacecarta also lost windshield molding at 138mph. Not sure if he has replaced windshield. but it clearly seems to be a problem?

had lost the passenger side twice before over the years
what kills me is i had just replaced the passenger side again because the last time i used a chrome one and painted it and the paint has chipped away at couple spots ,

this time having lost the passenger side and center trim i pulled the driverside off , ripped out the plastic trim retainers and used the steel clips
replaced all the moldings with old originals so i wont have to worry about chipping
i dont see them coming off anytime soon

now if the glass hood will stay on with just the stock latch and safety ill be good

Been a longtime buddie but good to see the sled finally getting some passes under it, lol!! You gone be at sgmp with the Buick or driving the mustang!! I may make the race but may have to take a tour in Baton Rouge for work!!

More than likely the problem with the moldings coming off lies with the replacement of the windshield. Either it has been set too low, so there is not enough pressure against the moldings or the clips are cracked and/or missing or broken entirely. I, too have been in the glass business (auto glass) for over half of my life and I would never put any kind of glue on my w/s moldings. If installed properly they will stay on. The plastic clips hold very well as long as they are not cracked. Napa actually carries them or can get them. If the w/s is set too low it needs to be cut out and re-set properly. There are a lot of glass installers, at least around here, that don't do very good work.

Been a longtime buddie but good to see the sled finally getting some passes under it, lol!! You gone be at sgmp with the Buick or driving the mustang!! I may make the race but may have to take a tour in Baton Rouge for work!!

I'll be in SGMP in the Regal.

More than likely the problem with the moldings coming off lies with the replacement of the windshield. Either it has been set too low, so there is not enough pressure against the moldings or the clips are cracked and/or missing or broken entirely. I, too have been in the glass business (auto glass) for over half of my life and I would never put any kind of glue on my w/s moldings. If installed properly they will stay on. The plastic clips hold very well as long as they are not cracked. Napa actually carries them or can get them. If the w/s is set too low it needs to be cut out and re-set properly. There are a lot of glass installers, at least around here, that don't do very good work.

That's very possible. The windshield was just put in. This wasn't a problem before. I have some metal clips to try this time and I may put a thin bead of silicone across the bottom just to keep air from getting under it.

If you are going to GA. in a couple of weeks good luck be careful and kick ass!! I'm shure u got her ready...

If you are going to GA. in a couple of weeks good luck be careful and kick ass!! I'm shure u got her ready...

It's ready. Just trying to get all the interior panels back in it around the cage.