4.71 at 158

Good luck be safe!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
It was a long week. I got there Wednesday afternoon and planned to test Thursday but I only made 2 passes from Thursday-Sunday. Ironically I'm a converter guy but my combo is being a pain in the rear. I've been through 3 converters before finally getting it close. I have been fighting spooling issues with the new 10.5 converter, but the 9.5 is to loose down low. My needs falls kinda in the middle of the 2 cores. I had to pull and restall the converter Thursday just to be able to race on a pro tree. 1st round of qual I had too aggressive of a tune in it and spun before 60ft. Car barely cranked for qualifying. Friday I fought what I thought was starter issues. I put a conservative tune in it just to make sure I qualified and moved up from 32 to 19 with a 4.82 at 156. That was the only pass all day Friday. Saturday morning when I went to warm up the car I found my starter issue wasn't a starter issue....it was getting water into #6 cylinder. We skipped last rd of qual to change the gasket and was ready for 1st round elims but never got the call to the lanes Sat night due to track curfew. Then Sunday it rained so we loaded up and came home. That was a lot of work for 2 burnouts in 5 days. I was glad we fixed the gasket issue, now the car spools much better. It was strange the car wasn't filling up the puke tanks or pressurizing the water system. It lead me to think it was just leaking into the cylinder but with the car spooling in half the time after the gasket change, it was leaking for a while and down on power.

Thats sucks but no doubt u will get it right and get to race. Good luck.

Sorry to hear my friend!! Hey I got a 9.5 with a stall of 2800 from behind my ole GN race motor and was wondering could we use it to build out for my mustang or it don't hold any value with ptc!!

Is it the $1,000 9.5?

No Fat Tuesday for us. We won't race on any track with metal guardrails...seen them turn into a ramp more than once now.

Is it the $1,000 9.5?

No Fat Tuesday for us. We won't race on any track with metal guardrails...seen them turn into a ramp more than once now.
Oh no it's not a ptc, lol but it worked great in the GN, but I got a guy with a 9.5 ptc for about 150-250 was to loose for a sbf with heavy nitrous and send it in and have it built, I paid 300-350 new from a company on eBay for GN but can't find the company anymore but it was from tx though

Oh no it's not a ptc, lol but it worked great in the GN, but I got a guy with a 9.5 ptc for about 150-250 was to loose for a sbf with heavy nitrous and send it in and have it built, I paid 300-350 new from a company on eBay for GN but can't find the company anymore but it was from tx though

You can try it to see how it works. I'm betting a SBF with an 88 will make it real loose. Trade in is probably $100. There's really no way to know it it will work without cutting it open and looking at it.

You building them now or specing for ptc?? I'll send you the 9.5 that was behind my GN, mustang is a 408 SBC with 85 mm

Dusty..what class were you trying to run?

Sorry about your troubles, that is a lot of work for a couple hits...

I plan on spectating the September race..

Dusty..what class were you trying to run?

Sorry about your troubles, that is a lot of work for a couple hits...

I plan on spectating the September race..

I was running OL275 or 28vs275....whatever they called it. I have swapped from the 315's to the 275. Unless he trims down some classes I won't be back as a racer. He needs to cut at least 5 classes. I used to enter 2 classes just to make sure I got 4 qualifying passes but it's gotten so big that it's not worth it. Hopefully he'll trim some classes but I highly doubt it....less classes=less money in his pocket.