4.71 at 158

Thanks guys. I had time to make 1 pass at a local test session yesterday. The logger worked and it went 4.81 at 152 on 15psi. I can't wait to feel this car at 30psi.

Thanks guys. I had time to make 1 pass at a local test session yesterday. The logger worked and it went 4.81 at 152 on 15psi. I can't wait to feel this car at 30psi.
Wow. . . 15psi and 4.81 that's mid 7's and want 30psi.... Insane. . . . I want a ride....lol...... wow.... my knees feel week just thinking about it....

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If I get brave enough to run the 1/4 it will go 6's at over 200 with the boost turned up. I'm already having issues with windshield trim flying off at 160. lol. I'm sealing it up to try and keep air from getting under it.

If I get brave enough to run the 1/4 it will go 6's at over 200 with the boost turned up. I'm already having issues with windshield trim flying off at 160. lol. I'm sealing it up to try and keep air from getting under it.
Insane.....all that comes to mind. . . .:D

Only change was to address the slower 60'. I guessed that the higher launch rpm was eating up my boost so I added 2# to the launch. It got me a 1.19 4.71 at 158.

Congrats on getting the car going so well. I can't believe how nice it leaves. Can you explain what you mean by what you posted? I think there is something to that and I do not understand it yet.

Congrats on getting the car going so well. I can't believe how nice it leaves. Can you explain what you mean by what you posted? I think there is something to that and I do not understand it yet.

I had no data to look over. The only info I had was that I raised the launch rpm and the 60' slowed when you would expect it to go faster. When rpm is raised without also increasing pressure on the gate its possible for the engine to consume more of the boost. In this case I had more launch rpm but less launch boost. I applied 2 more psi to the launch setting and the 60' improved from a 1.27 to a 1.19.

Congrats Dusty, You car is a work of art for sure.

Thanks Jason.

Jimmy you can see in Jason's video how quickly something like a Qa1 extends even when set at full tight. It's not a problem for 10 or 11 second cars but anything in the 8's can use a tighter shock. I had to rely heavily on travel limiters to keep from doing a backflip. Using a tighter shock allows you to run more travel which means more weight transfer and that travel is slowed down right at launch to avoid wheel stands.

Qa1 may be able to put a stiffer valving in shocks for these cars. Even some Santhuff and AFCO shocks aren't valved stiff enough out of the box. My Santhuff's have the Pro mod valving. People like Mark Menscer custom valve the AFCO's and they work well. I have his custom valved pieces on the rear.

I remember when you split a grill at 170+

I remember when you split a grill at 170+

LOL. This grill is backed by aluminum plate with struts running to the core support for extra bracing. I'm also going to seal off all the windshield trim to keep air from getting between it and the windshield.

This new T-400 is 2 or 3 speed because I had intentions of running a 3.20-3.40 gear for 1/4 passes, utilizing 1st gear if I have to run the 3.20 out back. I'll be adding a second parachute this winter so it will be legal tech wise for 1/4 mile racing. I do have intentions of running 6's at some point.

Thanks Jason.

Jimmy you can see in Jason's video how quickly something like a Qa1 extends even when set at full tight. It's not a problem for 10 or 11 second cars but anything in the 8's can use a tighter shock. I had to rely heavily on travel limiters to keep from doing a backflip. Using a tighter shock allows you to run more travel which means more weight transfer and that travel is slowed down right at launch to avoid wheel stands.

Qa1 may be able to put a stiffer valving in shocks for these cars. Even some Santhuff and AFCO shocks aren't valved stiff enough out of the box. My Santhuff's have the Pro mod valving. People like Mark Menscer custom valve the AFCO's and they work well. I have his custom valved pieces on the rear.

I agree on the shocks 100% . You can see the results with your car quite clearly. I think you said it before and it makes sense that a travel limiter is a crutch for a bad shock. A limiter is too abrubt I would think. It may work for some people, but a good shock should work better. I have QA1 singles in the front of my car still always at full tight and have never had a wheelie problem. I have a set of AFCO's with coil overs from TRZ and I am afraid to put them in and upset what seems to be working. When I let the car off the lift it takes forever for the car to settle into place in the front. I should put a sensor on the car like I have wanted for quite some time to get real data.

As for your car consuming the boost by turning up the rpm, wouldn't the pressure be the same you would just be flowing more volume? I wonder if the car just liked more power regardless of rpm or it wanted to hit the stall of the converter harder? (if that makes sense)

The shock sensor will teach you alot about how the front end works.

Without data on that launch I can only guess. I do feel the same as you. You would think you'd make the same power. Whether it was 4400 and 8psi or 4600 and 6psi...I can only guess. I do know 2 m0re psi of boost will make more power than the extra 200 rpm will. It's also possible with the boost being lower that I actually had boost drop after I released the trans brake and the extra Co2 pressure prevented that.

I was thinking of this as well. What I found when running the small turbos on the large motors. With an 80mm on a 352ci motor. The turbo can't keep up above 7400 rpm. You get severe boost drop when going above that. The car is faster shifting at 7000 rpm and letting the boost maintain than it is to turn it 7600-7800 and let the boost fall 5psi. I had this in mind when I raised launch rpm but the car slowed down.

[quote="Dusty Bradford, I'm also going to seal off all the windshield trim to keep air from getting between it and the windshield."[/quote]

I'm interested in what works for this. My windshield trim keeps flying off. Of course, at a MUCH slower speed! :)
Awesome car, Dusty!!!!:):p:D

This is a new problem for me. I have been 187 several years ago without issues. Since having the car painted and windshield replaced it's become a problem. I'm going to put a silicone bead at the base of the trim to seal it off to see if that helps.

yes, my windshield was replaced too! Now I just saw this weekend that pacecarta also lost windshield molding at 138mph. Not sure if he has replaced windshield. but it clearly seems to be a problem?