2005 SUPERCAR...1 of 194 built...cl65 $34500 $206K MSRP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wondering...if you love these cars so much,why have you owned 11 over the last year and a half...
I to love them,but to me it would kill me to spend that much on a car..im just cheap..hehehe

Still in my possession Ross......Sold my Limited though

I have had that many because I have a dealer License and I am very very hooked on these cars...I currenty own this one plus another...I dont make money on them I just enjoy them....

"2quick2b6" ARE you kidding me? Seriously I am not **** talking the SS..But look man learn about cars ....you have a narrow mind...There are more cars out there then American ones...... and the engineering as well as build quailty is the best in the world on German cars....This is why the V series on Cadillac ...an unreal car by the way...mimicks the German engineering and format....

A SS is a $40k great looking Chevrolet disposable Muscle car....meaning they are made in high numbers and you see one everywhere....they are for the masses...I prefer rare and exotic cars for pennies on the dollar BUD...

But the torque on the CL65 is twice that of a SS....TORQUE moves cars not HP...This is why our TR's are so damn quick to 80 mph....EVEN WITH mods ...the SS will not trap 128 in the 1/4...unless you spend a good $15k...I know because I HAVE a friend who just dropped a blower and a bunch of other stuff on his car and he is running 120 mph....

So really comparing a supercar to a SS is a joke...the leather on the CL65 just on the dashboard of my car is more then the entire interior of the SS....

The CL65 is a luxury coupe with the ability to stop and handle as good as most sports cars as well as out accelerate almost all of them ....

Why was the car $206k in 2005? They sold all of them prior to delivery and some were getting $25k markups....it is labeled as the most powerful production car sold in the USA....Because the Engine has a $80k replacement value...not one has ever blown PERIOD...and all the Lambo and Ferrari guys who did not like driving around in a rough and noisy car ...AMG built this IRON FIST IN A VELVET GLOVE...they built a car that was faster and much much more comfortable then a Lambo OR Ferrari or Porsche....so the car was built to satisfy the rich and Classy with greta taste...

And the SS with its basic plastic body ..crap brakes with weights put on them to damper the balance....and simple interior and driveline is suppose to be much cooler given mods? PLEASE...go back to school on cars ....Look a CL65 is a class act.... a SS is a great car for someone who wants to own a American Muscle car like everybody else out there on every street corner... ...mostly guys in there mid mid to late 20's........ The CL65 is for guys who knows what a car really is and appreciates it....

So again at $35k...this car is a steal by any means....

I dont care how rare a GNX is or whatever....I own one..I drive it never ....will sell it soon..a waste of a car for me....and when I take it out ...everybody says " Nice GRAND National" lol

Are you talking about your GNX clone? While it is an extremely well done clone, I really hope you aren't planning to take advantage of someone by passing it off as the real thing.

Another case of ,rare doesn't mean desirable.Three auto dealer auctions,in the last two months,you haven't owned it long enough to do ANY maintenance.

Maintenance can be cheap....replacement parts no. Mercedes and cheap/affordable do not go hand in hand. Especially for a "supercar".

I will admit they do tend to have less issues with hard parts than most high end cars. Just don't be surprised when you have to have a$1600 variator replaced. They put a lot of r&d in those motors, so you will pay for it one way or another.

the way i see it put another 6clys in the gn and a turbo and the gn will take you down with 1/4 times and price. Price why if this car is so bad does it loose so much money in a 5 year time. the gn's didnt loose that kind of money % to sticker price on both cars. Me I would never own a benz just wait until you do have to work on it, but thats me
good luck

You have a very nice car for sale at a great price, maybe if you didn't "talk down" to people in your replies you might get a lot better response here on the board.

Another forum member is getting approved today for it...no deposit yet...

by the way the book bank loan value on the car is $52,000!!!!!

So you can get a loan for $50k and keep the $15k to put towards credit cards.....

Mark

I assume it's sold?

$

buyer need to be aware of the insurance,i had a BMW 740il yrs back and insurance was like $600 every 6 months...when my GN was like $400 for the yr..

i bet that car will be like $800 for 6 months...

If a guy can buy a 50k car then I am sure he could pay for the insurance.

Hmnn..

A "super car", limited edition, w/ a sticker of $206K, and 5 yrs later, it's being sold for <25% of it's original price?? Sounds like a "sound investment" to me....

80,000 engine sounds impressive unless you have to replace it. 80k on the odometer sounds like a lot for a performance engine.

Regular maintenance sounds reasonable, but i'm sure there are many other parts that need to be replaced that will cost an arm and a leg because of it being so rare and expensive.

zero parts that need to be replaced...for what?

not one of the v12's have blown or thrown a rod since 2003 when they were introduced........they are bulletproof....a lot of R&D went into the build of these engines...a cool billion dollars infact...

yes it is a performance engine...but it produces 750 lbs of torque at 1800 rpm....oh and by the way the 65's all come with 2.65 rear gear ratios....

the engine barely works to produce power...in essence compared to a high rpm engine like a LS7.....

yes the engine costs $80k ...... BECAUSE you cant get one at a junk yard...why? because they dont go bad PERIOD....

keep the oil in it and change the coils every 60k miles and you got a 500k mile supercar engine....

the highest mile one I saw was one with 267k miles on it ...a 2004 S600 v12TT....still would blow the tires at 50 mph and you couldnt even tell it was idling ....super smooth ....

Chuck

CHUCK it is a sound investment buying it now for $35k....not at $206k....

hell a new CTS-v COUPE is $70k now....for half the price you get a quicker better built car.....Sorry but 100k miles on a CL65 is like 30k miles on a CTS-v

And I live the cts.....but the AMG is a better animal....

Did the forum member not get approved? I screwed up and showed the listing to my wife....whe keeps asking me every day if the car sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.