MODERN day GNX....SLEDGEHAMMER

No open rear diff....LSD

The rears like the rest of car is bullit proof.... a Guy by the name of Marcus has one on youtube.... modified with a ecu tune and bigger intercoolers...it has over 1000 lbs of torque and over 700 hp....and the tranny as well as the rear are untouched and he has run the car down the track A LOT!! it runs 10.70's

To get it back to PA... it would be $600 .. I have a very very dependable car carrier I use.... they are great...

I have 68 watchers and 8 ebay offers and 5 phone offers on the car....

Only 15 for sale nationally and only 3 others have a warranty left..

If you are really interested call me .....I will work with a forum member first

Mark

954-850-5429

Quick Question???

Quick question about this, and please anyone can correct me if I am wrong. I was speaking to a few people about this Mercedes and even a Mercedes dealer. I was told and had always belived that in order for a car to be a production car there had to be at least 500 of the cars made, hence the Buick GNX:rolleyes: I was told by two Mercedes dealers in my area that that perticular model what a factory modified version, but in small numbers so it is not a production car? Is this true????

no haters on this car...LOL

This is the baddest car on the planet under $80k...... I took it to the track last night and ran a 11.20@124 mph stock....

The interior is death quite at 120 mph and the car at 42k miles still feels like it can be broken in... it drives harder the faster the more it is driven....

The paint on these cars even have a nanotechnology that keeps the front f fascia from getting chipped....and the seats are set up so well that the air conditioner knows where to keep each zone of the car at a perfect temp....even the seats have a sensor in them to monitor a persons weight so that the air bags if deployed can be deployed at speed set for that person...

Technology at its best... and 612hp with it all

So it only took Mercedes 20 years to come up with a car that can be compared to a production Buick? Not bad.
Runs 11s?? What did a GNX run stock?
$184,000? What was the original MSRP for a GNX?
I'll stick with grandpappy's ride. More fun.

Low retail on that car is about $60k so for a sport luxury that is a pretty good deal for what he is asking.

But like all exotics in todays economy they are hard to move. But still a beautiful car and a dam good price for what one is getting relative to other exotic car prices.

Did Mercedes Make a GNX

This is a dumb thread, why would you compare an Import Mercedes to a GNX? They are a different class car! If your trying to sell your mercedes you might want to try the Mercedes forums, there are plenty of kids looking to buy one cheap...

Lol....

I am not trying to compare a GNX to my car... there is no comparison... period.... why I started this thread was to say that this CAR is a modern day GNX.... it was built to be comfortable and fast as well as being a sleeper.... AMG built this car and ASC built the GNX... both cars were built outside the factory....the GNX was built 20 years ago and the CL65 was built 18 years later....

Like I said "MODERN" day GNX... the Gnx was the best of it's time... today it has nothing on modern day technology but it is a great car nonetheless....I own 2 Turbo Regals... have probably owned more then most members on here... and I am a great fan...

I started this thread in the GNX area... and it got sent here as a classified...what I am saying makes sense and it is a great part of history ...both of these cars stood for something most didnt ....and both were the quickest and most powerful of their time...

And as far as Mercedes having to play catch up for 20 years... well true Mercedes was not so great back in the days at all and the GN's were the car to own....today though for a car having 612hp and being reliable and to do what is it does.. A lot of manufactures still have not built a car to out perfrom this one.. and this is in 2009....so Mercedes deserves the respect to be able to put something like this together... actually Mercedes built the car ....AMG built the drivetrain and braking system....

It is on the Mercedes forum... and KIDS CANT AFFORD A CAR LIKE THIS...but they can afford a Turbo regal.....

A GNX ran a mid 13 second 1/4 mile @ ab out 104 mph Stock......that was insane 20 years ago.... today a SRT-4 runs the same numbers...unless you mod the TR... then uh oh....

This is the baddest car on the planet under $80k...... I took it to the track last night and ran a 11.20@124 mph stock....

Did you have a drag radial on it ? What was your 60' times ? I just ran my SL65 last week(stock)with a drag radial and it went 11.27@123.

called mark and spoke to him

still would like to have this car

100x better then a GNX .....in modern times

I know it is a much better yet different car...but in retrospect...it is the same as if the GNX was made today in a modern vehicle....this car would be the GNX....style,comfort,and performance....and reliablity