2005 cl65 AMG 1 of 187 built.... 700 hp--- silver on black $34000

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowcar

Banned
My car is quicker then a Z06 100x rarer ....and 10x better looking not to mention the looks and respect it gets on the street....

This coming from a guy who has owned a GTR and a few z06's and many other cars.....

Fools buy z06's and ISF's and M6's and SRT8's over a car like this....FOOLS... sorry but this car was $200k new and is exotic and drives as smooth as a luxury car and handles as well as any z06 and is quicker and more comfortable then a Bentley SPEED .... for pennies on the dollar folks...

i am thinking about selling my SUPERCAR.... I am downgrading vehicles and you can see my GNX is for sale and this now..
This car has 96k miles-- no rattles no creaks and no issues...no oil burn and still rides drives and feels like the day it was built
I have owned 9 CL65's.... This one i kept and had the higher miles...this was the best car to keep.... the suspension on my car is original and no issues--
the only problems they have is suspension related...mine is perfect....

My car is SLIVER ON BLACK--keyless go and parktronic
lowered with links and i HAD THE original wheels painted metallic black--
Renntech tuned--over 900 lbs of torque.....

it is a 10.90 car with a/c seats..... any other car can kiss my ass in respect to quality and ability...i have tried them all and all i own and drive is AMG's...outside of my Escalade which is not a car

CAR LOOKS LIKE A $100K Car..... i traded a 2009 nissan GTR for this car...so if you know what that is you know this car is extremely nice

i had the tranny taking out and rebuilt and a renntech clutch pack installed-- the engine mounts are new ..only replaced at 95k miles once...so you can see the cars
reliable potential

954-850-5429

What have you done to it, A stock one runs 11.80, My GN would kill that with better mileage, Even my 04 SSR would beat it in the 1/4 mile with about the same mileage, From pictures I have seem of them they are good looking cars and 11.80 is great for a stock car that rides and looks that good

My car ran a 11.27@122 stock and now runs a 10.98@128----
I can buy a Turbo Regal that can do that for $20k-- But what is the point?
It is just another old GM steel bodied car with drum brakes and old technology----
I like the GN's stock because of the classic collector status

BESIDES:
This CL65 doesn't blow out windows over 130mph. It doesnt rattle or make a ton of wind noise over 100mph

CL65= a supercar that can be driven daily
Not one 65 engine has ever thrown a rod or blown a head gasket or a piston ever!!!
Many many GN's have and zo6 motors and the list goes on.

The cl65 is made from aluminum and carbon fiber and the entire interior is Nappa leather-- at 100k miles my seats in my car look like 5k miles--- the windows in my car are 2 layers of glass--- the brakes are 8 pistons up front and 6 in back. It stops as good as it runs. Our GN's are old box steel cars with as much technology as a modern day Smart car.....
The CL65 as mine is. Tuned at the cost of $1200. The only mod. Will reach a top speed of 207 mph
This is a 4500 lb car with a/c seats and messaging seats

The engine in the CL65 is considered the most advanced and powerful production car engine in world
The replacement cost of a 6.5 liter AMG twin turbo engine is $76,891. Before installation
It has 5 oil coolers alone to keep it running efficient---
The engine not only runs super smooth at idle but produces 1000 lbs of torque with a tune at 1800 RPM!!!
The transmission which I just rebuilt at 95k miles is considered the most reliable yet able to hold over 1000 lbs of torque

I CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON. But why? I have owned so many cars. THERE IS NO CAR ENGINEERED AND BUILT LIKE A AMG 65. NOT ONE!!!!!
Our GN's and the SSR and a Zo6 and a ton of other cars can't hold a candle to a CL65.

I will always say "if more people knew about the 65's they would never be for sale".

Again 1 of 187 built. They built 1400 Lamborghinis last year. And a Lambo is still not more powerful or comfortable to drive then a 65.

So it picks up close to a full second with just a tune, They must have really under tuned them at the factory,

So it picks up close to a full second with just a tune, They must have really under tuned them at the factory,

Well - the M275 engine in the 600/65 series M-B was derived from the M285 V12 from the Maybach cars; which weren't supposed to be hot rods. The 600 series M-B is more "detuned" than the 65 series...but yes, they were all very limited from the factory.

slowcar - have the coil packs or PSE pump ever been replaced?

It's obviously very true that many cars will out run a 600/65 series M-B. BUT - not many can do it with more comfort! I ran my 600 to ~174 in the Texas Mile with the heated seats on, pulse (massage) on, and didn't even have to adjust the radio volume. You know that irritating "ajar" door that you sometimes get on 99% of the cars out there? Well...if you do that with the CL it will just go ahead and finish closing the door for you. The list is endless...but it really is an incomparable car. It's just nearly impossible to find another type of car this quick/fast AND this nice for that kind of money.

When the SRT8 boys "build" their transmissions...they are actually using many of the V12TT car's transmission parts. Both cars have the 722.6 transmission - but the 600/65 came with stronger parts and better clutches from the factory. The ONLY downside to these cars is their rear end can be a little weak, and they didn't come with factory limited slip differentials. The car simulates LSD through it's ESP programming.

However, the seats are not air conditioned - they are ventilated.

No actually a .5 difference. And mph is king on the street. Not times

There are numerous articles about the cars being factory detuned

buddy , you have a car that I can only dream of, best of wishes on selling it and good price to boot ..

hello Mark, what do u think of a 2005 CL 65 with 34k miles (black on black) for $42k? with all available options plus a lifetime warranty on powertrain as long as u own the car.

i know the car Swoosh... It is where I bought my Escalade...nice car...zero options...
The lifetime drivetrain warranty is nice... but it it only covers the engine and tranny.... NOTHING EVER GOES BAD ON THE ENGINE on these car... I just put a tranny in my car at 95k miles...

for a $10k difference in that car and mine...My car is a better deal all day long...IMO....

But the cafe is very clean and like new I can tell you that....

Status
Not open for further replies.