1/8th mile TSM Point Series Race

Should the '10 TSM Point Series include the 1/8th mile Turbobuick.com Nationals race?

• Yes, with full points

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Yes, with scaled-back points (TBD later)

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • No, the TSM Point Series should only include 1/4 mile races

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • What is TSM?

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott231

Mean Scott
Given the large payouts for the Turbobuick.com, there is some positive interest. Whereas several people have previously told me they were not interested in running 1/8th mile, let's let the racers decide.

Given the large payouts for the Turbobuick.com, there is some positive interest. Whereas several people have previously told me they were not interested in running 1/8th mile, let's let the racers decide.

Scott do you want only the racers themselves to vote??

Scott do you want only the racers themselves to vote??

As far as adding this race to the TSM Point Series, yes, I only want the TSM racers to vote. Shirley everyone would like to see a hoard of TSM cars at this event (including me), this is just a poll to see if it should be added to the 2010 TSM Point Series schedule.

My earlier post was not intended to say your event cannot run TSM - have at it, it is your event. I only direct the Point Series. Anyone can hold a TSM race anywhere, anytime - I have no copyright on the name.

I don't think it should be apart of the series. We have never had a 1/8mi race before. There are some of us that 1/8 mi better than others. If Columbus was an 1/8mi race I would have beat Scott by almost a car length. I think that would have been unfair to him.
With that being said I'm seeing if I can work this race into my schedule.

I voted no also but like Phil, will try to make the race. How about a moderator on this board change that poll to public so we can see how the actual TSM racers voted.

I voted yes, not to be contrary to kevin b either!
Peace!.gif

I was against the idea at first, but these guys are working hard to put together a great event with what looks like some nice payouts (not that I have much chance at getting them). I think tsm should support the event and allow it to be a point series event to help encourage more cars to show up.

If you notice we did guarantee the payout because we feel personally we would draw lots of TSM cars to this race. I appreciate the honesty and I get nothing out of this whole deal. Ive met most of you guys and you seem to me at least to be straight up, nice bunch of folks (yes even you to Sully) that spend cubic dollars on the sport you love. Nuttin worng with a little payback.

What are the current rules? We voted last year that they not be changed until 2011.

I think Columbus 2009 should have been a 1000 ft race. This would have allowed the second fastest car in the first round of eliminations to go onto the next round:biggrin: :D

What are the current rules? We voted last year that they not be changed until 2011.

I think Columbus 2009 should have been a 1000 ft race. This would have allowed the second fastest car in the first round of eliminations to go onto the next round:biggrin: :D

Ya'll had a better chance than I did..

Or you could have just had to race me
spanka.gif

As far as the rules are concerned, I would tell you that whatever rules are in place come the day of qualifying of this event would be honored, new and old. Totally up to the way the rules are structured.

Got to run the 1/8th before you can get to the 1/4
nixweiss.gif

Thanks for holding this event. Buicks needed a fresh happening to put on the calander!! One car at Cecil last year....:rolleyes:

As for all you whiners...where's YOUR new event gonna be held next year? Not planning one? Please STFU then.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Don't see any whining here??

New events are great. The problem I see is that too many points races will spread the field out even more. We have yet to have over 10 cars show up at an event this year. Imo another race will hurt car count even more because it gives racers another chance to get their 3rd race in.

Don't see any whining here??

New events are great. The problem I see is that too many points races will spread the field out even more. We have yet to have over 10 cars show up at an event this year. Imo another race will hurt car count even more because it gives racers another chance to get their 3rd race in.
This coming from a guy who just said this: " Why go south when you only need 3 races for the points. We have 4 races up here. All but one are within 3 hours. The furthest one for me is in my state (Indiana) too. Figure that one out lol. " So what your saying kevin is you won't really attend any TSM races in the south or outside of that 3hr area???

Looks like they need to UP the minimum races to qualify for Points!!! ;)

Sorry Kevin had to do it!! LOL :biggrin:

I don't think it should be apart of the series. We have never had a 1/8mi race before. There are some of us that 1/8 mi better than others. If Columbus was an 1/8mi race I would have beat Scott by almost a car length. I think that would have been unfair to him.
With that being said I'm seeing if I can work this race into my schedule.

Phil, I agree with you 100%!! :smile:

This coming from a guy who just said this: " Why go south when you only need 3 races for the points. We have 4 races up here. All but one are within 3 hours. The furthest one for me is in my state (Indiana) too. Figure that one out lol. " So what your saying kevin is you won't really attend any TSM races in the south or outside of that 3hr area???

Looks like they need to UP the minimum races to qualify for Points!!! ;)

Sorry Kevin had to do it!! LOL :biggrin:

I think you just proved my point.

I'll lay it out for ya. If there were only 3 races....and there were 10 people serious about the points, those racers would have to attend all 3 races. Each race would theoretically have at least 10 cars. Now, if there were 8 races, then those racers may not ever even race against each other and you could have only one car show up (that happened last year). Get what I'm saying? Like I said, I have 4 races all within 3-4 hours from where I live. Why would I need to go south for a race that doesn't pay a lot (Reynolds and Oklahoma). I don't need the points. The nice thing about the north is this can be pulled off. Now, if 2 races up here were pulled from the points series, I would have to go south. I don't see that happening with at least 3 of the races (Nats, Norwalk and BPG). Having to attend 4 races would stretch a lot of budgets (especially for a series that has $0 of payout this year.)

Adding this event makes one more event that potentially will take cars away from another event. With only 6-8 cars showing up for each race this year...that would suck.

Kevin you seem the most vocal about this so are YOU going to come down and run this event?? Im just wondering.. The point is to NOT take cars away from one event or another, it simply adds another venue for the racers to choose from that might be close to them as well. I would love for this thing to become a points race but if it doesn't turn out this way then it is what it is.. BTW the talley up to this point is 8 for and 6 against. Is the majority going to decide the outcome?? Do YOU not like it because of the 1/8th mile??? I don't see anyone complaining that live in the south having to come up and race in the north for a TSM event. Is your car competitive enough through the 1/8th mile?? Seems that Phil's car would definately have been based on his post. 1/8th mile racing causes you to be a better driver. You can't just be 3 10ths behind on the tree and run someone
down in 660 ft.

I'd like to see some new blood come out of the woodwork. As I said earlier there is no issue with this event holding a TSM race - we are just discussing it's inclusion to the Point Series here. Perhaps some racers will "get their teeth cut" on TSM racing by starting with 1/8th mile racing.

I will be pounding the pavement again this Fall/Winter trying to garner up sponsorship monies for the 2010 TSM Point Series. :cool: