09 Bg Tai

Where are the rules for 09? Are they the same as 08?

That's good news, see ya there if I get my junk back together.

Couple of items. One is the fuel tank must be able and take 10 gallon minimum at fillup on Friday AM. The next one is minimum weight must be met of 3550. Motor is a 109 block, and run on 93 octane as the only fuel cept for the injection. Injection is to be a methanol and or water mix.

There will be contingency money this year in the class. I have put some money torward the class as well as doing contingency in the event the winners have my system on the car.

Right now working on sponsorship from others.. i'll post when we have more definitive.

Rules are from last year. Peer's really have a say as to who they allow in the class and whats allowed. I really dont like rules, as this requires following up. And as always, Peer's..meaning those who bring their cars to the event have the say. The GSCA I know wants only Regals and TTA's as they already have a "Hybrid Class". I personally dont care, when I get all the sponsors input, this will be zipped up..

Cheers

I wont budge on the vehicle weight, 109 block, or fuel capacity.. thats just me trying to keep a level playing field.

soo your saying its ok for a hybrid BUT the GSCA doesn't?? You speak with a forked tongue :p My tin can is still sitting :rolleyes: Exhaust is done ..just "playing " with the radiator :eek: Still have a lot to do once we get it back . Julio please stop ebaying parts !! I don't NEED anymore :mad:

56 days to BG! I better get to changing the oil and washing the dust off my car.

Rules for TAI 2008.

1) Car must run 93 octane through its main fuel
injectors. 10 gallons of fuel must fit into gas tank
day of race at the host gas station.

2) Car must weigh 3450 with driver iron heads or 3550
with driver aluminum heads.

3) Any tire combination allowed up to a 29x10 size.

4) Car must be registered and insured as it will need
to be driven to the host gas station for fill-up.

5) Turbo size limit is 75MM.

6) Block must be a production 109 block.

7) Safety equipment must meet the cars intended
performance level as set by the NHRA.

8) Any liquid can be used for the injection.

9) Nitrous and propane are allowed.

10) No switchable fuel systems will be allowed.

Format day of race.

Participants will run 2 qualifying runs. The fastest 8
participants will be part of the "Quick 8" program.
The Quick 8 will be then run on a protree format.

Those racers not meeting the eligibilty of the Quick 8
will run a consistancy program. Meaning they take the
2 qualifying runs, run 2 more rounds and the score
will be the difference bewteen the fastest and slowest
run. The vehicle will the least deviation on the 4
runs will be named the winner. In the case of a tie,
reaction times will be used to designate a winner.

Peer tech and fill up will be done at a host gas
station Friday May16th in the AM. Weight will be
checked after every round.

Let me know if i've something,

Julio

WHY NOT HYBRIB'S if they can meet the NEW simpler RULE'S!!!

GSCA let Julio(RAR) and the RACER'S of TAI make the rules!!

I think Julio just made things EASIER!!!!

I think we are trying to GROW this class aren't WE!!!:D :D

what does everyone else think!!

thanks JD

One other rule from last year is run on a sportsman tree. Remember, these cars are street cars. Most of us don't run transbrakes either.

JD, the list should read fastest to slowest, LOL.

Minimum weight of 3550??? Turbo6 you better start hittin the chinese buffets everyday to put some extra weight on your scrawy behind because you will never reach the minimum weight requirement. Please come take a pass in my car so I can gain half a second in the 1/4.:D

One other rule from last year is run on a sportsman tree. Remember, these cars are street cars. Most of us don't run transbrakes either.

JD, the list should read fastest to slowest, LOL.

Technically you did lose last year :eek: :D :p ,, let the mud slinging begin :D

No a loss is a loss, but hopefully the fastest car wins this year. Whoever that may be.

Ed, I think I had one the heaviest cars in the class last year.

No a loss is a loss, but hopefully the fastest car wins this year. Whoever that may be.

Ed, I think I had one the heaviest cars in the class last year.

Not commenting on your car.... just wishing I wasnt 275lbs.:mad:

At least you're not 275lbs. of fat. Oh wait, if you were you could lose weight!

whats "Technically" mean ??? you either won or you lost :confused: hmmm was it a bracket race ??? :rolleyes:

The fastest car doesnt always win.. the faster cars did it to themselves last year. Its the car that can go round after round.. cuts a light.. and stays on its game.

An 11.0 car beats a 10.50 car.. when the 10.50 is not on its game. Reaction time plays a role. and .5 seconds is not a lot when staging/building boost, etc.