ZDDPlus Quick 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike have a good trip
I have been ready all week i got my dates wrong i thought it was this weekend so i got mine ready last weekend, good thing weather sucks this weekend. I hope I can make it next weekend should be real good weather looks like. I'm setting in a Hospital right now with my girls mother. Will see what happenes during the week:(

Richie , hope everything works out for you and your family. If you can make it wee will see you there!! If not I may be the only one there to run quick 8. Mike

quick 8

Come on now mike, you must be dreaming. I'll be there and if nothing else just to watch your run.

bob aka stgman

Attachments

• 100_0883.jpg
    100_0883.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 361
Richie , hope everything works out for you and your family. If you can make it wee will see you there!! If not I may be the only one there to run quick 8. Mike

Heyyyy I know of a 7 sec buick that will be there ;)

DInner sounds good, and NO you can't take me to the gas station for some cheeze on wheat crackers and a pint of milk.

Hey Clint!! Now that the dust has all settled!! Remember that it was the Blownv6 #1 qualifier and QUICK 8 WINNER!! Wheres Dinner??? Mike:cool:

Side note!! Bob Stanley was over at my camp after his crash and looked me right in the eye as I shook his hand and said [ you know this was your fault ].
I think he was kidding , but nobody laughed!! I really hope that he doesnt actually feel that way as I consider him a friend and great competetor in our little Buick world. Bob I hope you took care of those burns!! Please keep us updated and come back with the car if thats your wishes!! Mike:cool:

Bob Stanley just called me to confirm that he was just messin with me. He is doing well and thinks his burns on his hands will be better in a couple weeks , I sure hope so!! His thoughts today are that the car is a total loss and he will not try to rebuild it. Thats a real shame and a great loss to the Buick community. Good news is he is considering building a TSM or similar car in the future. Great to hear he is doing well!! Good luck in the future to you Bob!! Your friend Mike:cool:

I am glad to hear he is doing ok. His hands looked pretty bad. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help with his new car, I will do it. When he gets a chance to look the car over, I would love to know what he found.

I am glad to hear he is doing ok. His hands looked pretty bad. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help with his new car, I will do it. When he gets a chance to look the car over, I would love to know what he found.

He told me that he found that the upper radiator hose sleeve out of the radiator was severly corroded and had lost about half of the bell end at the end of it that keeps the hose from slipping off. So he thinks the upper radiator hose probably blew off. You know the drill from there!! Thats why I dont run water!! Mike:(

That is what it looked like to us too. Nick and I came up the track and the first sign of fluid was rusty looking water... Then looking at the car it was obvious, Randy spotted that first thing...

I feel so bad for Bob and the guys. I know how much work you guys have in that car and what it takes to keep it up...

Bob, I hope you recover soon. I was scared to death when I saw you laying there... I was so relieved to see you get up!!!!! You are a tough man I had no idea you were burnt till later...

If we can help in any way let us know!

Hey Clint!! Now that the dust has all settled!! Remember that it was the Blownv6 #1 qualifier and QUICK 8 WINNER!! Wheres Dinner??? Mike:cool:

Side note!! Bob Stanley was over at my camp after his crash and looked me right in the eye as I shook his hand and said [ you know this was your fault ].
I think he was kidding , but nobody laughed!! I really hope that he doesnt actually feel that way as I consider him a friend and great competetor in our little Buick world. Bob I hope you took care of those burns!! Please keep us updated and come back with the car if thats your wishes!! Mike:cool:

Great job Mike, but you pretty much sealed your fate of not being able to run the other Buick Events :p

Great job Mike, but you pretty much sealed your fate of not being able to run the other Buick Events :p

Yes I understand that. I have felt that way from the beginning , Dammed if I do Dammed if I dont. If I dont run fast people think I dont know what Im doing , and if I would have shown my hand then its well it a dragster and it should be fast!! Well at least in my own eyes we have the fastest buick powered car on the planet!! Anyone that thinks its NOT , BRING it on!!!:biggrin: Mike:cool:

o big words there buddy

Hey Richie!! My pleasure meeting you!! Sure wish we could have seen the best of your beast , seemed to be lots of trans issues at this race. Yes those are pretty big words!! But a man has got to do something to drawn the best out!!:eek: Maybe someone will pose a challenge!!:D:D:D Mike:cool:

Quick 8

Hey Richie!! My pleasure meeting you!! Sure wish we could have seen the best of your beast , seemed to be lots of trans issues at this race. Yes those are pretty big words!! But a man has got to do something to drawn the best out!!:eek: Maybe someone will pose a challenge!!:D:D:D Mike:cool:

Look's like Mike can back it up, didn't Richie's car break?

We didn't see his car run!!

Look's like Mike can back it up, didn't Richie's car break?

We didn't see his car run!!

I think Richie made at least 2 trips down the track. Both were not very good runs as his trans pretty much had lost 1st gear. I was really hoping to see him make some great passes!!:cool:

Pretty sure that 4.35 run was the fastest 660' that has ever been run at a Buick event!!:D Yes Im proud of that!! Mike:cool:

Mike you and your crew are true professionals. It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Hope to see you next year.

Michael Shields

Mike you and your crew are true professionals. It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Hope to see you next year.

Michael Shields

It was great meeting you also!! Congratulations on your big win!! Hope to return next year also , but we will have to see how things work out.
Later Mike:cool:

Quick 8

I think Richie made at least 2 trips down the track. Both were not very good runs as his trans pretty much had lost 1st gear. I was really hoping to see him make some great passes!!:cool:

Pretty sure that 4.35 run was the fastest 660' that has ever been run at a Buick event!!:D Yes Im proud of that!! Mike:cool:

I am aware that Richie's car broke and he stated that his car ran in the 5's you can't compare what he is running to your car.
It is pretty obvious that you have the baddest V6 anywhere so when someone want's to call your car out, then they need to look under the hood he had to more plug's.

Yes your car is probably 1500-1800lbs lighter than his, however he SHOULD have made it up on horsepower if they have the know how and ability to do so!!!

Again as of 2 week's ago you were the baddest thing there.

Also this was basicly a V6 event not a V8 event.

Status
Not open for further replies.