ZDDPlus Quick 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
I would like to thank ZDDP for sponsoring the Quick 8 at the Turbobuick.com Nationals. Here is a little information regarding ZDDPlus and why it is so critical for your engine.

After 70+ years of trouble-free, metal-metal engine protection, the E.P.A. is forcing ZDDP (Zinc Dialkyl Dithio Phosphate, containing both Zinc and Phosphorus) from domestic motor oil. If your engine was designed prior to the 1990s, your non-roller lifters require ZDDP in your motor oil to avoid premature deterioration. Don’t let your lifters run metal-to-metal. Keep ZDDP, via ZDDPlus™, in your motor oil. Add 4 oz of ZDDPlus™ at every 4 to 5 quart oil change. The automotive industry in general is changing in response to the environmental and financial pressures of today, with little concern for the classic car industry. We are engineers and automotive technicians by trade, and bring many years of problem solving experience to the task of keeping our classic cars operational and running better than new. We hope that one of the solutions we have designed for our own use will meet your needs as well. We have developed ZDDPlus™ to address the needs of classic car owners for an oil that will meet the specifications of the original oil for which their engines were designed.

The ZDDPlus Quick 8 will pay $1500 win / $700 RU / $150 semis. Entry fee is $100. This class is an open field quick 8 open to ANY buick bodied or buick powered entry. This format will be heads-up/pro tree. There must be a 5 CAR MINIMUM in order to run the class. Each vehicle entered into the class will be given a ZDDPlus decal that must be on the car before 1st round of qualifying on Friday. I would again like to thank ZDDPlus for their sponsorship and continued effort in the Buick Community and oil research.

ZddPlusLogoReyes.png

Glad to have you Dusty. I'm sure your gonna have to field alot of converter questions on Tuesday as well. Be ready!!

will this class have a good turn out?
will shanes big buick be here with randy driving it?

will this class have a good turn out?
will shane's big Buick be here with randy driving it?

If the car is back together, yes sir. I am not making any declarations though this time:biggrin:

i'll say not to that last post:eek:

Are you bringing something that will beat either one of those cars?? I dont see anyone else thats owning up to competing in this class. If thats the case then I stand by ZDDPlus an Dusty in the final. Just saying!!! Mike:cool:

Are you bringing something that will beat either one of those cars?? I dont see anyone else that's owning up to competing in this class. If that's the case then I stand by ZDDPlus an Dusty in the final. Just saying!!! Mike:cool:

Just because they aren't posting don't mean some fast cars aren't coming...

It really looks doubtful for us after the crappy news we got today:mad:

I would imagine Tony, if he ran, could run pretty close espically if he cuts a light!

If Richie is bringing his car out, I wouldn't bet against him.

Wish we could make it......................

Just because they aren't posting don't mean some fast cars aren't coming...

It really looks doubtful for us after the crappy news we got today:mad:

Im sure there are a few coming that are not posting here!!:eek:

Can you share what that bad news is?? Anything I can do?? I would love to see that car make some passes!!! Mike:cool:

If Richie is bringing his car out, I wouldn't bet against him.

Wish we could make it......................

He's just a KID!! (turbokid) He's got nothing!!!:eek: Will, get that heater fired up and get your ARSE busy!! You could take them all!! Mike:cool:

no I dont have anything for that dragster but Yes I'm still a kid that knows how to win. And no I'm not scared to line up next to someone that is 1500lbs lighter than i am:D

no I dont have anything for that dragster but Yes I'm still a kid that knows how to win. And no I'm not scared to line up next to someone that is 1500lbs lighter than i am:D

Thats basically the same thing a fat chick would say about getting in a swimsuit contest!! Maybe you need to slim that thing down to bump heads with the big boys!! :D

Thats basically the same thing a fat chick would say about getting in a swimsuit contest!! Maybe you need to slim that thing down to bump heads with the big boys!! :D

That's funny! :biggrin::biggrin:

I did get off my can and got the car off the stands and on the lift today. Lots of stuff that needs to be addressed. Definitely won't make this event and not sure about BG yet.

May be taking a new direction with the car or at least the engine program. Same old problem - there's just nowhere to run a big tired tube chassis Buick - either too fast or too slow.

That's funny! :biggrin::biggrin:

I did get off my can and got the car off the stands and on the lift today. Lots of stuff that needs to be addressed. Definitely won't make this event and not sure about BG yet.

May be taking a new direction with the car or at least the engine program. Same old problem - there's just nowhere to run a big tired tube chassis Buick - either too fast or too slow.

Well you could run both the Piedmont and BG races to start!! Man I hate to hear that you wont make those races, I really like that car, but I understand your situation. Good luck to you!! Mike:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.