Your First car you bought out of High School

First car was a White 1992 Mustang 5.0 LX hatch. I was 16 and it was 1999. grad in 2001 and sold it that summer. Went in the military and have had three since that one.

i graduated in 1978 and in 1979 i bought a 1968 corvette convertible
and still own it today.Very lucky not to die in it.

First car out of high school was an 1987 Monte Carlo SS. Lots of good times in that car. It was silver with grey interior. It was pretty darn nice for what it was. It sucked us dry as it seemed to need repair quite frequently. I learned a lot about cars on that one!

The first car I bought was my Brothers 69 Dodge Dart in 1985 for like $250. 225CU of slant six fury:tongue: THe first new car I bought was a 1987 Shelby Charger GLHS, the *second fastest* car made in the US in '87:biggrin: 40K miles and three motors later I still have that car:smile:

Alan

Attachments

• GLHS and Mullett.jpg
    GLHS and Mullett.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 227
First car was '90 New Yorker with 114k miles, sold it for $800 bucks with 162k miles and went down the 1/4 mile at least 30 times (won high school class at Thompson Raceway one night the first year i got my license in '98. Then got an 88 Lesabre with 100k miles, got stolen repainted it and drove it and got a beater 90 Olds Delta 88 with 181k miles and a 94 Pontiac Grand Prix with 100k miles on it. Found a super nice 89 Lesabre T Type, dark red, leather, loaded with the sweet dash set up and low miles but only kept it a summer, sold it moved to DC. Bought the GN in the sig, (stepfather purchased with 13k miles in 88 and still all original including tires in 2010 with only 22k miles. Left DC, found the Limited in the sig with 74k miles, 2 owner car, 100 percent bone stock purchased it as well. Sold the Lesabre and the Pontiac, got an 00 S/C Regal in '06 with 65k miles, now 152k miles and still kept the turbo cars. Sold the Delta 88 for 300 bucks car couldnt kill it. Had lots of high miles 3800 olds deltas and lesabres from the late 80s, cars ran awesome, rust killed them all in Cleveland Ohio where i was at! Amazing now you never see them in lots or junkyards, but 10 years ago they were everywhere!:mad::mad::mad:

My first car bought by myself right out of high school was a 87' Dodge Daytona. I used it for college while my 66' Toronado and 67' Camaro sat back home :) ---

Bought this June 76 my senior year .first loan sister cosigned for it .My first car was a 65 GS 4 speed I miss that also.Just restored this on though from 9-06 to 12 -09
4946877906_bbdb61200c_o.jpg

My first car I had for 8 years. GOt it when I was 16. 86 z28 camaro. TPI, all options except posi. If I would have worked on it when I got it instead of beating the hell out of it I would still have it. My senior year I blew the tranny doing donuts in the snow drunk with my friends and blew the intake gasket on the way home. I think it got a little hot just having 1st and 2nd;) Parked that at my friend's farm. The hatch motor didn't work so it wasn't closed all the way and the whole car filled with snow. Got pissed and let it sit even longer. traded that 86 caravelle I got from a guy that owed me money for a 90 beretta gt with a blown motor. Rebuilt that and drove that for about a year. Found my 79 TR limited and sold the beretta shortly after to a hot girl my brother knew. She paid me 3500 cash and a little something else:cool: Pimped out the 79 TR since I had a pocket full of cash. Blew up the TR. SOld it. Tried buying it back a year later with no luck. By this time it was 2003. Had a kid, by then I dumped over 5k into the camaro. SOld the camaro for 1200 bucks. A few years went by with no luck finding another TR. Since I had no luck I bought furniture for our house we bought. 2006 I found the POS I have today. The sad part is the we4 is in better shape than the 2k I spent on our furniture. A few lost projects among the years that I gave up on (blue 85 monteSS, 81 caddy with 472, stripper 82 camaro with 305)That's my story and I'm sticking to it:biggrin:

First car out of high school was an 1987 Monte Carlo SS. Lots of good times in that car. It was silver with grey interior. It was pretty darn nice for what it was. It sucked us dry as it seemed to need repair quite frequently. I learned a lot about cars on that one!

The Monte SS's was the most popular car people wanted to trade in for one of our Turbo Regals back in the day. Also in some of the records I would get with the cars Montes got traded in back when they were only 2-3 years old for a Buick.

At least you did not have a burgundy one....must be 10 of them for every other color.

The emission stuff under the hood was a nitemare...and I believe they suffered from intake leaks.

All my dealings I only ended up taking one on a trade. Reason I stayed away from them is they were too common and I knew it would be hard for me to sell resell them. I also turned down several of the areo coupes.....think we are 25 years away before they even begin to be worth any decent money it at all.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The Monte SS's was the most popular car people wanted to trade in for one of our Turbo Regals back in the day. Also in some of the records I would get with the cars Montes got traded in back when they were only 2-3 years old for a Buick.

At least you did not have a burgundy one....must be 10 of them for every other color.

The emission stuff under the hood was a nitemare...and I believe they suffered from intake leaks.

All my dealings I only ended up taking one on a trade. Reason I stayed away from them is they were too common and I knew it would be hard for me to sell resell them. I also turned down several of the areo coupes.....think we are 25 years away before they even begin to be worth any decent money it at all.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I always keep an eye out for a burgandy SS. The wife loves the color.

My first ....

I graduated in 1995 and my first car out of high school was a 1995 Honda Civic Hatchback. I would zip in and out of Washington DC traffic like I was riding a motorcycle. I loved that little car. Ended up selling it to buy my second car, an Audi A4.

Attachments

• DCP00971.jpg
    DCP00971.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 347
graduated high school in 2001 and ended up with this car that summer.

91 5.0L Mustang LX with 39K miles on it. Some guy was washing it in his driveway and I was walking by, told him it was a beautiful car. He says, "for $6500 its yours! I bought it for my son but he joined the service and can't drive it."

Within 6 months it had GT-40 heads, X303 cam, Trickflow intake/TB, longtubes with X pipe, Mac exhaust, 4.10's, and some suspension work.

I wish I would have kept it....it actually got stolen/vandalized while I was in college, we got it back but it was never the same.

Attachments

• 92 stang.jpg
    92 stang.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 341
I graduated in 1995 and my first car out of high school was a 1995 Honda Civic Hatchback. I would zip in and out of Washington DC traffic like I was riding a motorcycle. I loved that little car. Ended up selling it to buy my second car, an Audi A4.

Those audi A4s are nice cars....6 position heated seats...I had a 2001 S4 few years back.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Went into the military in 1966, after I got out in May 68 bought a 250CC
Ducati Scrambler, then after summer bought a 1962 Pontiac Catalina 2DR. HT,
so my first car was a motorcycle, this was in Flint Mich when it was a nice place to live, but no more IMHO.

Ron

My 1st car was a 1970 chevelle. I bought it on valentines day 1985 when I was 15 for $100.00!

Graduated in 1965 and bought my first car that was mine in fall of 66. Really wanted a red "Beach Boy 409" but got a 62 Impala 2dr hardtop with 250 HP 327, positrac and "3 on the tree". Repainted it 65 Corvette yellow and installed Duntov cam from the 350 HP L-79, swapped to a Carter C series carburetor and installed a Hurst shifter. It was a pretty decent street car which somehow got faster as I got older.:biggrin::biggrin:

After the kids were out of college, the need for speed returned and I I bought a 33,000 mile, bone stock 87 GN in 1999. The need for speed quickly turned into the greed for speed and the GN is now a 600+ RWHP drive it anywhere car being tuned for mid 10's.

Dennis: Thanks for starting this thread. When I was writing this, it brought back lots of memories since this was my dating car when I met my future bride of 39 years.

Graduated in 2005, worked all summer and was looking to buy a car. At that time they gave a loan to anyone so i was approved for 18,000 and was looking for a used 3 series or G35...I happened to find a 1974 Chevy Nova 4 Door with a 350, straight pipes and glass-packs for 900 bucks. I knew nothing about working on cars till then but with stuff breaking on the nova i learned how to work it. I drove that thing for 2 years and loved it. It didn't have AC, the floorboards had holes in it, wasn't pretty was slow, gas mileage sucked but man i loved that thing. You could literally hear it come from a mile away. i drove it for 2 years until the water pump went out and blew a head gasket. I bought a rolling 73 Nova hatchback to replace but still havent gotten around to putting the motor in it lol