Your First car you bought out of High School

1961 Chevy Biscayne 4 door light green 6 cylinder three on the tree I bought for $50.00 in 1969.

The rear floorboards were completely gone and it eventually leaked oil so badly I used to buy re-refined oil (anyone remember that?) at $1.00/gallon and just put a gallon in when the lifters started clicking every 4-5 days.

Mikey

Pontiac

In the Summer of 1964 I bought my first car--$500--1957 Pontiac--2 door hardtop---real leather white interior---dark metalic brown--347 cu. in. V-8---Gas war and Sunoco 110 was $.25 per gallon.

My first car out of High School was a Javelin w/ State Trooper package. I wrecked it trying to avoid a dog in the rain. I got luck and replaced it with a Mark Donohue Javelin. It was a automatic, but it was HOT. It had a cammed 360 with ported 401 heads. It was killer car. Dad got it back:mad: during college and I bought a 80 Monte Carlo:mad: I paid for something I did not want... I finally bought my SVO.... What a Car....No cat, 20 lbs, premium gas and easy time flying by Z-28's, IROCS, T/A's and even the mighty GT. Ford got away with one with the SVO. The SVO was not supposed to be fast. Just like the GN, Ford had to kill the SVO for the GT.

My first car was a 68 Cougar. It was in very rough shape when we got it. My dad wanted to have a project for him and I to bond with. It was a heap!! He decided that we were going to make it a street car????? I was 14 when we got it. He passed away a year later and never got to see it finished. That year after he passed my brother, mother, and I finished it up. I had it on the road for less than 1 month and got hit going through an intersection. I have yet to get the courage to fix it and it sits in my moms garage with a car cover over it. Kinda sad really but here it is when we got it and here it is the day it died...

Attachments

• coug.jpg
    coug.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 131
  • coug.jpg2.jpg
    coug.jpg2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 109
I graduated in 65. My first car I bought that summer was a 61 Impala hard top (red with a white top and red interior with all the power options) and a 4 bbl 348 with the turboglide trans. I installed a 3-2bbl intake and a Crane hyd cam. I had a friend who had a 64 GTO and he could not out run me on top end.

Mike

My first car was a 68 Cougar. It was in very rough shape when we got it. My dad wanted to have a project for him and I to bond with. It was a heap!! He decided that we were going to make it a street car????? I was 14 when we got it. He passed away a year later and never got to see it finished. That year after he passed my brother, mother, and I finished it up. I had it on the road for less than 1 month and got hit going through an intersection. I have yet to get the courage to fix it and it sits in my moms garage with a car cover over it. Kinda sad really but here it is when we got it and here it is the day it died...

That is a gorgeous car! I think you should fix it!

That is a gorgeous car! I think you should fix it!

Gotta agree with you kid.

Justin, your dad thought it would be special for you and him. The fact that he didn't see it completed is a shame but it was a family project that brought everyone together. Fix the car up and proudly drive it. This would be a great way to remember your dad.:cool:

Gotta agree with you kid.

Justin, your dad thought it would be special for you and him. The fact that he didn't see it completed is a shame but it was a family project that brought everyone together. Fix the car up and proudly drive it. This would be a great way to remember your dad.:cool:

Here is Charlies car he picked up when he graduated :p

Ford_Model_Roadster_1911_BBM0003_National_Auto_Museum_NV_2008.jpg

Ouch! Low blow. As to the previous statements, it is hard to even walk into the garage still. I think it will sit for awhile. I will, someday...fix it.