WRECKED GNX

Im lost here......why does everyone assume that the parts on this particular car are STOLEN? Why not this theory, someone bought it in 2010 wrecked, had it restored, while restoring it they added GNX parts that they obtained Legally from eBay or this site, and then wrecked the car and put it up for sale? Why is that so hard to believe.

That could be true...but it has several thing that just do not seem right.....for instance why would it not have a GNX number plate on the car when you have everything else....
and this is much more interesting :happy:

I considered going to look at this car today but the price is already outrageous for what it is and it may not be legitimate based on the evidence.

Seems very unlikely someone would go to the trouble of putting gatorbacks on a clone
Don't add up

Co-part is actually a decent company, as well as huge. They don't need any repercussion that could happen if they sold a car that was a re-vin'd stolen car.

Im lost here......why does everyone assume that the parts on this particular car are STOLEN? Why not this theory, someone bought it in 2010 wrecked, had it restored, while restoring it they added GNX parts that they obtained Legally from eBay or this site, and then wrecked the car and put it up for sale? Why is that so hard to believe

Police investigate things all the time based on suspicion, this is suspicious. If its nothing than the listing will be back up in a few weeks after the investigation. If someone stole my GNX, even if I got fair value from insurance, I would want anyone linked to the theft of these rare cars prosecuted. Im sure there is less than 500 of these cars left in 2014..... I think its great, as a community, that those in the know would be able to address a possible stolen car due to thier combined knowledge of these vehicles.

hey guys went to go bid on this car my stupid comp froze i have access to copart and many other auctions i called them and ask what it sold for they wont tell me i have never had an auction say they cant tell how much it sold for i go to manheim every week and i can tell u what any car sold for copart kinda shady car looks very good still work 17k if someone got it

I can confirm to all you guys it's a 100% fake
I seen it in person today
Nice clone from 10ft away
Had all aftermarket Gnx parts on it, and more importantly no suspension

So in the end somebody paid way too much for a smashed - twice- high mileage clone.
Its good to know that there's members on this site who will go the extra mile and are extremely knowledgeable.

My motivation was if the Gnx was real and it was stolen then I believe I would want the owner to have a chance to reclaim it.
It took me 2 hours to get to it and I only spent like 5 min with it. I immediately could tell it's a clone but it was good enough to make me look the entire car over
The car had no Gnx tag on the cowl
The Intercooler sticker has no serial number
The turbo was stock
The Gnx cover was a repro
The wheels are polished lips and seem to be ones off of eBay the guy sells
The dash looked good however a few gauges were Stewart Warner but not Gnx
The rear suspension had a Gnx cover on it however it was a eBay special and Gnx was spelled vertically and had cooling fins on the cover
No dash number
And the vin number was a Gn
Side vents were Kirbins and had no inner vent framing

At the end of it all
It was nice to see a Gnx not end up in a salvage yard or a stolen

So it's really a salvage title Gn with aftermarket Gnx parts on it
And if it sold for 17k plus
Ughhhhh and the repairs
That's one expensive car
It will probably wind up over seas As a real Gnx

That's 10k too much
It's been totaled twice and it has all aftermarket Gnx parts
Someone is buying junk

car is at a salvage auction! it did not get there because an owner put it there,
usually a ins co sends it to salvage when they pay out on a claim, so calling the police or who ever ............
because you think it was stolen???? uh, yea, thats why its at a salvage auction or possibly police confiscated it.
so its still LEGALLY in a salvage auction.
no its not worth 17K, it appears to be a clone (according to what those that have seen it)

This might be the GNx that was stolen in New Jersey and was never found? Could it be? Google stolen gnx and read the article.