WRECKED GNX

Hmmm. Interesting. It's also strange that the VIN history ended in 2010 with the issuance of the salvage title.

So was this VIN (regardless of what car it was attached to) never registered again? How'd it get wrecked again? From LonghaulerTransport's story, someone had insurance on this VIN. :shifty:

may have driven it on a dealer plate ?
if it has the asc sticker on the door the vin sticker on the door should match or not match the dash vin.
do they repop the asc door stickers?

may have driven it on a dealer plate ?
if it has the asc sticker on the door the vin sticker on the door should match or not match the dash vin.
do they repop the asc door stickers?

Yes they do make a reproduction sticker....but the vehicle sound fishy to me I would stay away....if it is stolen and you buy it you can loose it all ...your money and the car.
The vin is not for a GNX ...no GNX number on the dash for an easy reference....all the hard to get GNX parts...need to check the frame vin.

Too bad the transport guy couldn't confirm the rear suspension to be GNX. I remember reading tht is the hardest GNX part to duplicate.

Its worth that price in GNX parts alone if thats the case. Then you can throw the car away.
So the dash,wheels,rear suspension,3 flares,turbo shield are worth $17k ???? It took 8 months to sell legitimate GNX 234 running/driving for $35k ?????

dash cluster: 2500 w/harness
turbo: 1500-2000
set wheels w/VR50's at least 5000
complete rear suspension: 3500
turbo cover: 750-1000
vents w/brackets: 1000
3 flares plus inner fender pieces: 3000
intercooler: 500
G80 rear :1000
emblems: 100
trans cooler: 300
trans shift kit: 500
ceramic up pipe: 200
exhaust: aftermarket 500, original 2500
then you have:
complete interior: 1000
complete nose:2000
door:100
and misc at least another 1000.00
then you throw the rest of the car away
Not to mention the other GNX parts that I am not remembering off the top of my head.
Worth more in parts than its worth damaged salvage.

I disagree
All the gnx parts I added up with where just about 10k
In would go on worst case scenario for the sale of the parts
Also The vin is dirty so the car is only a salavge title Gn or a Gnx clone

Remememer the clone a few years back that was done to perfection ?
That car was sold for 28k and that car had a legit 100% paint job and a mint 1k mile interior and cloned to perfection
So I ask you what's a Gnx clone worth with a salvage title and one that will always have a dirty history ?
17k I think is a lot for the car
For someone who wants to buy it and repair it and someday sell it

For the guy who can't afford the Gnx a clone is perfect and a salavge title clone even better

This is my perspective
Let's say it sells for 17k
You still have to pay taxes on 17k
Plus all the dmv fees that It will take to get it registered and a title
Next will be the repairs 6k easy (outsourced) 17plus taxes plus repairs 26 plus other incidentals
Call it 28k what's it worth with a salvage title

How many on this forum would pay 28k for a salavge clone ?

Somebody needs to call the company and raise the red flag..........The police and the insurance company would love to hear this

Bryan

I disagree
All the gnx parts I added up with where just about 10k
In would go on worst case scenario for the sale of the parts
Also The vin is dirty so the car is only a salavge title Gn or a Gnx clone

Remememer the clone a few years back that was done to perfection ?
That car was sold for 28k and that car had a legit 100% paint job and a mint 1k mile interior and cloned to perfection
So I ask you what's a Gnx clone worth with a salvage title and one that will always have a dirty history ?
17k I think is a lot for the car
For someone who wants to buy it and repair it and someday sell it

For the guy who can't afford the Gnx a clone is perfect and a salavge title clone even better

This is my perspective
Let's say it sells for 17k
You still have to pay taxes on 17k
Plus all the dmv fees that It will take to get it registered and a title
Next will be the repairs 6k easy (outsourced) 17plus taxes plus repairs 26 plus other incidentals
Call it 28k what's it worth with a salvage title

How many on this forum would pay 28k for a salavge clone ?
If you disagree, i will buy from you all the Real parts it takes to clone a GNX for 10,000.

Too bad the transport guy couldn't confirm the rear suspension to be GNX. I remember reading tht is the hardest GNX part to duplicate.
He did say, "Now for the gnx stuff that I saw, a asc sticker in the door, asc sticker on the emmissions lablel. gnx turbo cover, gnx sticker on the lower radiator or cooler, emblems front and back, under the car looks ok, but dirty since the yard is like a junk yard with mud, gnx on the rear end cover."

All,

We made some calls last night which eventually resulted in the NY authorities being notified this morning. They plan to work with Copart to investigate the car further and take action if warranted.

While we can't speculate yet on the outcome, at the very least we should be able to determine whether the car is just a convincing clone (and devoid of stolen parts), or something else much bigger.

Doug

(y) Excellent. Those of us who have been auto theft victims appreciate that. As you said, it may turn out to be nothing but, if there is monkey business, perhaps it will now come to light and someone may get property returned.

To clarify alittle bit from my post. I DO NOT think that this is a GNX that was a 17,000 mile original car that was stolen and re-vinned. It definitely looks like it is a car that was restored within the last 4 years after the 2010 accident. The door vin stickers and the trunk sticker all match the dash vin and there was factory paint on the inside door and underside trunk lid. there was no tape marks around any stickers and it did not look like any were pulled off and re applied. The underside body and underhood looked more towards a higher mileage car than a low mileage 17000 mile car. the outside paint work was super excellent and mirror shiney. Please do not go buy my description or interpitaton on this car if you are going to bid, please go and look at it yourself or have someone from the Co parts company look at it for you where it is. Please do not private message me for information. Thank you.

Nice, doug that was a great step in trying to figure out If it's a hoax or a real Gnx that was tagged
I was going to make it up to cop arts tomorrow and look at it personally

Another theory ....one wrecked GN..one stolen GNX....take parts from GNX and put on wrecked GN...trash gnx body and frame.

If it has a GNX turbo get the turbo number ....