Will T 44 Work For Me????

WICKEDGN

I CANT LIVE WITHOUT BOOST
HEY GUYS IM ON THE VERGE OF BUYING A T44 BUT IN THE FUTUREIM PLANING TO RUN LOW TENS SINCE IM IN BY OWN BUDGET AND IS KINDA TIGHT RIGHT KNOW I WAS WODERING IF THE 44 WOULD HOLD TENS OR IF THERE IS ANOTHER ONE THAT WILL RUN TENS AND NOT GIVE ME MUCH TURBO LAG SO I WONT WASTE MONEY AND USE IT TOWARDS A CONVERTER OR SOMETHING THANX!!

I have never had a T44 but I would say that it will not take you to low 10's. I have a TE60 and have been told it's good for high tens. However, the 44 will have the throttle response your looking for.

If you want to run 10's you will have to get a higher stall speed convertor as well as the fuel system to support it. Cost some money to get a car to run 10's especially low tens.

You are a LONG way from tens judging by your sig. It might not be a bad idea to pick up a 44. Its good for mid 11's easy. Then you can sell it and put it towards a 63 or 45 or whatever. If you put a turbo on big enough to run tens now you will be about as fast as molasses

thanx guys your advise is well taken it will take me some time but hopefully ill be keeping up with you guys by next summer!!!!!

i like the te-44, putting a new on soon (next week).It would be a good choice considering your injectors..I have another te-44 but it needs rebuilt,anyone know what it cost to freshen up this turbo?

I have another te-44 but it needs rebuilt,anyone know what it cost to freshen up this turbo? [/B]

Cost me $300.00 to rebuild mine. It had been involved in an accident where the MAF pipe was knocked off and the turbo sucked in a piece of front clip (fiberglass). I had a complete rebuild and it runs fine now.

Sorry but it won't go low 10's (I wish). Though their is a recipe on GNTTYPE where Red states that "it's the smallest turbo to use if you want to 10's". Never heard of anybody go 10's with it though.