why am i so fat?

i have it back to 17/16.. next chance i get i will move boost to 32 and see ....havent got a good ride with this new turbo yet. With the old 6265 from a roll,she was neck and neck with a 10.66 car.

Attachments

• DSC00047.JPG
    DSC00047.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
if this is the timing its going to be really lazy
Felt i was being safe with the unknowns of the new turbo...it does respond well to a few degrees more.... " what could be happening is the wastgate cant keep it sealed all the way when the load increases in 3rd" < not sure i get what you mean by sealed all the way" ,,,you mean exhaust pressure is blowing the gate open more ,dropping boost, and making things richer? . but there isnt any boost creep either way? actually,not 100% sure on that one,,,something i can check though

timing is a slippery slope ... thanks very much for the theory and direction on the base issue ...i will throw some boost at it ,,and a couple * timing and report back.

I would be going slow, like a degree at a time, with no logging to see what you have. Get the pl and get some real data before you scatter this new "700hp" engine.

the 6766 is on my 30 over 109... mocking everything until the 270" is complete and can put the 6766 to good use...finding i need to run this big turbo in the 32 range on the small motor... risky without a good crank. but...have had success keeping wb at 10.5 and 17*....a bit laggy ...but safe ,i hope. Eric does make an accurate VE table.

As long as you aren't detonating it, I would keep making small additions, one change at a time to see. If it is pulling timing you need out of it immediately(or you will be having expensive probs). But without logging capability you are really swinging in the dark. For as small as the cost of a pl compared to some of the parts you have, I think you are foolish to try to go real fast without it.
Remember the boost is just a measure of the restriction your intake is imposing on the flow. Your setup is unique even if you have the same parts as someone else. Each tune can do different things on different setups and weather makes this even more of a wildcard. Don't get too wild, keep a notebook, with weather conditions and what the track was doing(hook and such), and what you know you did from rolling into the burnout box to the return road, temps and such. This is where logging can really help as you can see what the coolant temp, maybe the trans temp, oil temp, and intake temp depending on what you chose to monitor. Everything is related and to get the most you have to have it ALL optimized. This is why some cars just seem to run better than others. There is a reason but not everyone is willing to share what they are doing.

i appreciate the words...a few GN buddys run the PL ...no doubt a wise tool. At my advanced age of 60 i rarely,if ever, race this car so squeezing tenths out are not on my radar... longevity is though. i have tuned with the WB for 15 years now and never hurt an engine. I have at times rigged up a gopro and recorded the gauges of boost/ f/press/NR/0/2s..thats about as advanced as i get...i review them in slow motion.. I live and die by the 0/2 readings at WOT as well as the s/master. Was taught long ago ,high boost lowish timing and PLENTY of f/pump and injector. The many years i did chase ET it was in a similar realm ,turbo alky suzuki .

Attachments

• turbo suki.jpeg
    turbo suki.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 12