Who wants a downpipe? X-over?

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Looking for interest in making TTA Downpipes and Stainless crossovers that will clear girdled application. Will fit non girdled motors as well.. 2.5 inch dia stainless that wont rust like the OEM.

DP will be identical in style to the THDP except better stainless and better welds.

Let me know.. no tire kickers please.. if I can get a few firm commitments.. I can have them made.

I already ordered a few crossovers.. ;)

soo will it fit better than the THDP? If it's somewhat reasonably priced and I won't have any fitting problems I'd be very interested.

3 inch. The THDP didnt fit that well. At this point making anything that needs some massaging is better than what is available.. meaning nada.

So as far as a perfect fit.. we'll see. Thats a tough one when the one that was made.. the THDP.. needed clearancing with a hammer to get to clear the control arm.

Fingers crossed guys :)

J.

Razor said:
3 inch. The THDP didnt fit that well. At this point making anything that needs some massaging is better than what is available.. meaning nada.

So as far as a perfect fit.. we'll see. Thats a tough one when the one that was made.. the THDP.. needed clearancing with a hammer to get to clear the control arm.

Fingers crossed guys :)

J.
DEFINATELY WANT A CROSS-OVER[LMN]

JRNYMNDAVID said:
DEFINATELY WANT A CROSS-OVER[LMN]

This one will be the easy one.. making it 2.5.. i'll add you to my list. Up to 5 on these..

Going to start on the oil pan next week.. that way girdle can be installed with stock motor mounts..

I'm gunna guess that this is going to be like the THDP though and will require cutting the heat shield correct? Yeah I don't mind if it's not a perfect fit because with these cars every car is different and making something like the downpipe and saying that it's going to fit all the cars perfect is impossible. I just don't want to have to beat the **** out of it or cut like 3" out of it.

Count me in on a crossover man. Just got my OEM back from Ivan. But always interested in something better.

Thanks man
Rob Hinson

72firebird said:
I'm gunna guess that this is going to be like the THDP though and will require cutting the heat shield correct? Yeah I don't mind if it's not a perfect fit because with these cars every car is different and making something like the downpipe and saying that it's going to fit all the cars perfect is impossible. I just don't want to have to beat the **** out of it or cut like 3" out of it.

On the THDP you didnt have to cut the heat shield ON a TTA. That only applied to the GN.

The downpipe willbe made with additional clearance for the subframe connectors if so equipped. Unlike the THDP that would require cutting and then rewelding.

The hold up is the head piece that bolts onto the turbo. The pipe is "figured"

Bobtempest said:
Count me in on a crossover man. Just got my OEM back from Ivan. But always interested in something better.

Thanks man
Rob Hinson

Gotcha 10-4

:D

Please explain what will be the difference or any improvement on the cross-over as opposed to the OEM piece.

Who Needs 8 said:
Please explain what will be the difference or any improvement on the cross-over as opposed to the OEM piece.

Stainless that doesnt rust, will go a little lower(1 inch) than stocker so it will clear applications that use a girdle, and its new :)

Same flanges.. so no changes to vehicle.

Keep tight.