9 Second 16k Mile 1987 Turbo "T" Street Car For Sale *MINT*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That car would cost more then 30k to replicate with out a motor.....

Not really, but yes it does get pricey when you build something from scratch and put your sweat and tears into it, I had over 50k into my GN and ended up selling it for 22k 2yrs ago,unless is something extremely rare and special you get back half if not less of what you invested in any vehicle, ..I know he is asking 30k and for what you are getting is a good deal considering all the money he has tied up on the car, but when its all said and done, basically what you bought is a nicely done Turbo T Regal with low miles and low options, at the end of the day you are still driving a Regal..I would said 28k-29k would be a steal..:biggrin:

Not to be a hater, but for 30k+ people are looking for a stage motor. It will be hard to move a 109 block car for that much money even if it was done right. I'd say mid 20's and it would move.

Sorry I have to disagree.This is a low milage car that is in pristine condition.:cool:The parts are done by the best in the community.If this is the kinda car you are looking for it is a steal at that price,:confused:look at the work and do the math.A stage motor alone would cost that much.:rolleyes:I consider myself a rookie in the Buick community,however i will most likely be looking for a car like this in 2 years and their won't be any :(.Just my luck.Brett what ever life has dealt you I hope you can get through it.This is a beautiful car worth every penny.I also hope you continue to post on here as it is always informative and entertaining.Good luck,the car is done perfectly:wink:

Kevin

I just don't see why you wouldn't have gone for a stage or TA block if you put that much money time and effort into the car.

Think of it like this... By the time you sold a good 109 block core and include the cost of the girdle and machine work it probably would have only cost 2500$ more to have put in a BRAND NEW TA aluminum block and run a 14 bolt head. That's not that much more if you have put 80 grand into the car.

Good 109 block would bring 400$
RJC Girdle cost 400$
All the machine work and girdle install would run at least 600-700$

I'd say this car could/will eventually bring 30-32k, but it would have flown off the shelf for 35-40k if it had a TA block and 14 bolt head.

I just don't see why you wouldn't have gone for a stage or TA block if you put that much money time and effort into the car.

Think of it like this... By the time you sold a good 109 block core and include the cost of the girdle and machine work it probably would have only cost 2500$ more to have put in a BRAND NEW TA aluminum block and run a 14 bolt head. That's not that much more if you have put 80 grand into the car.

RJC Girdle cost 400$

I'd say this car could/will eventually bring 30-32k, but it would have flown off the shelf for 35-40k if it had a TA block and 14 bolt head.

No need to trash the thread with your two posts. I doubt you would appreciate it if the tide's were turned.

Brett if you want to start another thread let me know.

RJC Girdle cost 400$

No one gives a chit what you think. The motor was bought complete douchbag from a PROVEN race car that went 9.20 from an engine builder that has the fastest TSM car in the history of the world. How many stage or TA motors have been 9.20? STFU and go play in ur sand box you little troll. Ur so fuken clueless it's almost amusing....:rolleyes:

It's always funny how the the dreamers and haters always surface when there pissed off that they themselves could never afford to buy or build a car of this caliber.... Keep dreaming you little troll cause that's all you can do.

No need to trash the thread with your two posts. I doubt you would appreciate it if the tide's were turned.

Brett if you want to start another thread let me know.

Thanx John.. there always one BAD APPLE! if you don't have notting positive to say don't REPLY in this post MR[TURBOWS6....The man built the ultimate street car.......

Spoke with an interested buyer this morning from the West Caost and states he is sending me a deposit today. Have not recieved it yet but when I do the car will be SALE PENDING.

wasn't he the one to send you a deposit second... a price you agreed upon, now the first buyer backed out and your raising the price :rolleyes:

RJC Girdle cost 400$

It's hard for me to believe you have been around since 2006 and have as many post as you do and yet it seems you know absolutely nothing about what it takes to build these motors.

This is not some stock rebuilt motor job that was thrown together in the shade of somebodies oak tree. This motor is proven, built by the best engine builder in our community (or at least he is the fastest and that alone is enough to take the title of the best let alone his obsession with perfection), and has the best possible parts money can buy. Not one penny was spared when putting this combo together, I should know, right Brett ;).

Your little price quotes are just about f'n hilarious, $400 for a 109 block is about right, but guess what sparky, the fittings on this motor to make the external oiling system work will run that much alone. Guess what, we haven't even begun putting fuel fittings and sensors on the thing. And the heads on this motor, don't even get me started, holy moly the time effort and money put into perfecting the flow rates and oh btw that flow matched intake sitting there didn't come cheap either. Then to sit there and say it would only cost $2500 more to build a TA, damn dude that is insane. You obviously have never built a motor of this caliber or a TA for that matter. If so, it must have some really cheap parts on and around it, and that's kind of problem all to itself.

The kick in the nuts is that is only the motor, take a real hard look at the car and it is obvious the people putting it together not only knew what they were doing, but they also obviously had a serious eye for detail. The final product that Otto put out on this one is second to none with the best of everything.

wasn't he the one to send you a deposit second... a price you agreed upon, now the first buyer backed out and your raising the price :rolleyes:
No, not even close:rolleyes:. He was just another tire kicker.....

Looks like the car is going to the West coast.

No, not even close:rolleyes:. He was just another tire kicker.....

Looks like the car is going to the West coast.

Congrats Brett,

I am done with the negative comments being posted by some know it all's....

If your not interested in purchasing the car just stay out of the thread, period.

Hey, sorry for spamming the thread. It's the nicest street/strip Buick I've seen for sale. I was just kind of scratching my head wondering... is it a street car... or is it a race car. Sounds like it's a little of both.

Anyway, good luck with sale, hope things work out and you can get back in a turbo Buick again. :D

My god Brett, you`re better than Barrett Jackson on getting attention, and cars sold. How much commision do you want to help me sell my Vette?;)
I hope all is well with you and you`re not forced to get rid of this car. If as stated, we all chipped in a few $$$ to help you keep her, count me in.

Good Luck,
Jim

Looks like the buyer is for real this time. I may own it again some day tho....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.