Once in a lifetime deal on a built 88 LX hatch, NJ

nighthawk355x

Disciple of speed
Decided to actively sell it now. Here's the deal. NO TRADES. I need to sell it asap, and to do this I'm going to let it go cheap. How cheap? $8500 for EVERYTHING, not a single penny less. I'm legitimately about $17k into the car right now so this is a steal. The motor/blower/computer are worth that. That price includes, the car, with everything you see listed, welds and all, and a bunch of parts I have lying around. A spare set of pony wheels w/center caps, the original seats, a barely used set of 3:55's, a MINT 93 steering wheel & column(planned on making it look like a 93 interior), new radio gauge bezel for the cd player & 3 gauges, and a few odds & ends.

Car is running right now and is driveable but it's been sitting for over a year so it's filthy and it needs to be run for a while to clean it out. I don't have it registered/insured currently and don't really plan to because I just want it gone. For what I'm asking you could part it out and make another $3k+ easy. It's easily a 10 second car, and the motor setup proved this in the car it used to be in. The motor combo was put together and run 7x down the track, backed by a built AOD, 4400 converter and 3:73's, it ran consistant 10.6-10.7 with a best of 10.49@129. Motor dyno'd a very conservative 500rwhp. Mechanically the car doesn't need much but a refresh. I'd maybe put wires on it, change the plugs and fluids and you're good. Body is 6.5-7 out of 10. It's fairly straight, no major rot, 2 rust spots on the entire car and not major, 1 under the driver's door, 1 small one at the top rear of the roof. It will clean up nice just needs some mild TLC. All mods have around 8-10k miles MAX on them, and that's being VERY generous. Trans is new and shifts absolutely flawless. It's a bit underpowered for the motor in all honesty, but you could street it fine like this, or yank it & sell it while it's still young and throw in an AOD...it'll destroy most anything you run into!!

If interested call me, I probably won't see PM's as I'm not here often. Matt - 848-250-3006. Car's in central NJ. Clean & clear title in hand.

88 LX hatch, original 5.0 5sp car, Cosmetically it's not mint, it's definately not in bad shape though, no rot or anything, floors are 100% SOLID, there's the small rust spot at the top back of the roof and 1 under the driver's door, that's it. Bunch of small rock chips in the front bumper, small spot on the hood. Mechanically it's good to go. Car has weld drag lites, slicks & skinnies, I just bought them for the car 6 months back used, also has pony wheels w/good front tires & bald drag radials, have stock seats to go with it and a few odds & ends.

All mods have about 8k miles on them MAX and most haven’t seen full throttle at all. Motor's seen very little track time, drivetrain hasn't seen ANY. I unfortunately never got to enjoy the car much. Many parts are only 500 miles old. Mechanically it's basically been restored. Paint is 7 out of 10, it was done in 99 but still shines up nice, few rust bubbles but nothing bad.

It put down a legit 500rwhp with 3lbs more boost at Crazy Horse in South Amboy, NJ and this was the BARELY-TUNED run! I dropped the boost to try and make it more usable on the street. It's got a decent tune right now, (done by Job Spetter Jr. of Turbo People). All mods have at most 8k miles on them, many have way less, as is I've sunk well over $6000 in the car this past 2 years. With a nice drag suspension kit and a built AOD this would be a low 10 car EASY. Motor's been 10.6 consistent in the built AOD Notch it came from with a much more restrictive intake setup and a so/so tune. Now everything’s port matched and tuned right, so it’d be faster!

-Motor consists of a virgin 27,000 original mile 93 stock short block(all mods were added at 23k orig miles), entire motor/computer/fuel system were taken from a mid 10 second full caged notch. The motor was running mid 10's at 129mph in the notch, and that's before a lot of what's done now(since then all the following was done: all new ignition components, new upper/lower intake w/spacer, bigger throttle body/spacer, bigger injectors, better fuel pump, new computer and tune.

Performance Mods:
-Bone Stock 93 Short Block with 27,000 Original Miles
-Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Aluminum Heads
-1.72 Ford Motorsport Roller Rockers
-Hardened Pushrods
-Mac 1 3/4 Full Length Headers
-3" Prochamber H-pipe
-Flowmaster 40 Series Cat-Back
-Vortech V1 S-trim Supercharger (pullied for about 15lbs, not sure exactly because I never went all out with it)
-Vortech Race By-pass Valve
-Anderson Ford 4 inch Power-pipe
-Accel Gen 7 DFI Computer (BRAND NEW & tuned by Job Spetter Jr. of Turbo People; the same person who tuned "Big Daddy" Dwayne Gutridge's 7 second Notch)
-Trick Flow Track Heat Upper/Lower Intake (6 months old)
-1" Phenolic Intake Spacer (6 months old)
-Professional Products 75mm Polished Throttle Body/EGR Spacer (6 months old)
-Ultradyne Cam (284/284/-525-525)
-Motorsport Doulbe Roller Timing Chain
-MSD 6AL Ingnition (6 months old)
-MSD Distributor (just rebuilt)
-MSD Blaster SS Coil(6 months old)
-Taylor 10.4mm Race Wires
-NGK Race Spark Plugs (just done)
-Edelbrock High-flow Aluminum Water Pump (1 year old, 10k miles max)
-Fluidamper Damper
-Downs 3 Core Aluminum Radiator (1 year old)
-Aeromotive A1000 In Line Fuel Pump (hidden in front of the fuel tank, 9 months old)
-72lb Injectors (9 months old)
-Modified Stock Fuel Rails
-Paxton Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Stainless Steel Braided Fuel Lines (9 months old)
-PA Performance 100 amp Alternator
-Battery Relocation Kit (done the RIGHT way, used welding cable, not the cheap cable that comes with the kit)
-Optima Red Top Battery
-Moroso Battery Shut-off Switch
-Tremec Base T-5(just like World Class I believe, in the car about 1.5 years, only has about 5k miles on it and hasn't seen full throttle at all yet, same for clutch/flywheel)
-Polyurethane Trans Mount
-King Cobra Clutch
-Aluminum Flywheel
-Pro 5.0 Shifter
-Aluminum Driveshaft
-Lakewood Driveshaft Safety Loop
-Eibach Pro Kit (1.5" Lowering springs)
-Wolfe Racecraft Anti-roll Bar (Installed by Coast Chassis, front sway bar removed)
-KYB AGX 8 Way Adjustable Rear Shocks
-KYB 4 Way Adjustable Front Struts
-QA1 Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates
-BBK Gripp Upper/Lower Rear Control Arms
-Reinforced Torque Boxes
-Aftermarket Posi (Eaton I think, can't remember)
-Strange 31sp Axles w/extended Studs
-Ford Motorsport 4:10 Gears
-SSBC Front Brake Kit (slotted rotors, bigger calipers, all are new but need to be cleaned as it’s been sitting and has surface rust on the rotors)
-Stainless Brake Lines

Appearance Mods:
-Boysenberry "Blue" Paint (it's definately more purple)
-Cervinis 2.5" Cowl Hood
-Indiglo 140mph Gauge Cluster w/custom Gloss Black Overlay Plate
-Grant Wood Steering Wheel (adds a slightly retro-mod look to it)
-Black Ball Shift Knob
-Flaming Pony Dash Plaque
-6 Piece Smoked Headlight Lenses
-20% Tint All Around With Tint Across Top Windshield
-HVAC Vents Painted Gloss Black
-Shift Bezel/HVAC Control Cover Painted Gloss Black
-Pony Emblem Above 5.0 Emblems
-Ventshade Rain Guards
-Black Chrome Fire Extinguisher

Electronics/Audio:
-Autometer Tach Pod
-Autometer Triple A-pillar Gauge Pod
-Autometer 5" Monster Tach w/Shift Light
-Autometer Boost Gauge
-Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge
-Autometer Water Temp Gauge
-Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge
-Autometer Fuel Level Gauge
-Pioneer CD Player (not wired up yet)
-Infinity Reference 5x7 Rear Speakers
-Custom door fittings for 6.5 speakers(professionally done by a guy I previously sold the car to...he owned a car audio business)

Other New Parts:
-Master Cylinder (6 months old, no mileage)
-Power Steering Rack (6 months old, no mileage)
-Steering Rag Joint (6 months old)
-Alternator Just Redone (2 months old)
-100% Distributor Rebuild (3 months old)
-Outer Tie Rod Ends (6 months old, no mileage).

Newest pics, took them today with my cell. Sorry for the quality but the cell is the only working camera I own at the moment.
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

And here are a few older pics. Condition wise not much has changed interior wise and motor wise. The motor's all black now. I had the upper intake/TB/blower tubes/radiator shroud powdercoated black(not paint, ACTUAL powdercoat). It's dirty as hell from sitting obviously. I just got the interior back together, everything's the same I just replaced the grey carpet with black. Interior basically looks restored. Body wise it'll still shine up almost this nice, just a little more wear, which the price more than makes up for. If you clean it up good it'll look perfectly fine.

Obviously the Cobra R's are gone now. Has the drag lites & comes with the pony wheels as well.

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

photodisplayCAI4J1C2.jpg

photodisplayCAO0SDY3.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

holy crap just 8500? is that right??dude u giving it away.looks great.wich i had the cash for it..

Hah! Thanks guys!! I've poured a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and most importantly money into this thing since I've had it, so I really appreciate the compliments! It's going to be a sad day when this thing sells...and knowing me, I'll probably buy it back AGAIN one day.:biggrin:

And yeah, I know, I'm damn near giving it away. Priced it for a quick sale. It's like a bandaid, the longer you take to pull it the more it's gonna hurt.

stock block?
ever have it tuned?

Stock block but it's not going anywhere any time soon. And yea like I said, it ws tuned by Job Spetter Jr from Turbo People. Even he said the shortblock seems to be stout, and it'd be safe where it is.

He tuned it decent but it still has more in it. He said so himself.

BUMP!!! been driving it around, i forgot how sick this car is. People are literally afraid of it...I love it!:biggrin:

fresh cell pics 7/26/10
2-3.jpg

5-1.jpg

3-3.jpg

The market is in the sh!ter for sure. Thats one hell of a deal right there. Good luck with the sale

Thanks everybody! Lots of interest but no one's seen it in person yet. I think the first to come see it will be the last, it's definately not going to disappoint, especially for this price.

if you know anyone that buffs cars it looks like the paint has compound swirls in it. hit with a good finishing glaze to really bring out that paiint

if you know anyone that buffs cars it looks like the paint has compound swirls in it. hit with a good finishing glaze to really bring out that paiint

If you mean on the hood in the first pic those are clouds believe it or not. :biggrin:Though I'd like to buff it anyway.