Who got the best deal on their turbo buick? Spill the beans, who got a killer deal?

Paid $2800 for mine, with spun bearings, picked up a 30k mile motor and trans and everything else for $2500, then another $1000 on paint and supplies all work done by me except paint which my father did...oh yea and everything else in between that I've lost count on LOL...Mike

1 owner we4 64,000 miles with a nos accumlator ball and a handfull of kirban manuals and a factory manual. drove it home as is. needed exhaust and tires was sitting there in the same spot for a few years. pretty much all intact and stock needed doors otherwise no holes.needed paint withinn a month it was running 11's with my bolt ons.

not bad for $1000. probably my best deal yet.

track017-1.jpg

i got my 87 gn with a perfect interior faded paint but rust free body 101k miles new motor at 90 with paperwork. i drove it home for 2800 lol about 9 years ago now but the best deal i ever got

In reverse of your thread the very first GNX I sold back in 2001 was a one owner GNX 100% stock with 179,000 miles. Paint was still good no dents drivers seat was worn as was steering wheel everything worked including the power antenna...sold the car in 24 hours for $13,900. I paid ten grand....Car ran great.....a real GNX......so I got a good deal and the person I sold it to got a great deal.

In the GNX world that probably ranks as one of the best documented deals on a GNX.

denniskirban@yahoo.cm

Dennis Kirban said:
In reverse of your thread the very first GNX I sold back in 2001 was a one owner GNX 100% stock with 179,000 miles. Paint was still good no dents drivers seat was worn as was steering wheel everything worked including the power antenna...sold the car in 24 hours for $13,900. I paid ten grand....Car ran great.....a real GNX......so I got a good deal and the person I sold it to got a great deal.

In the GNX world that probably ranks as one of the best documented deals on a GNX.

denniskirban@yahoo.cm

Dennis, if you come across another one, please, let me know!!!! Phil.

So u started the thread and u dont spill ur own beans...:-0
Ha Ha. That's because I didn't get a great deal. I paid 11k for mine and the crank let go while babying it on the highway about 300 miles later :mad:. It went downhill from there. I bought a hot-air car once for 5k. I guess that wasn't a bad deal. Just wasn't a great deal either.

Sounds like a carbon copy of most new TB owners.

Payed $18,500 for my car. Did not last long. Flattened cam the first weekend cuz anti freeze was getting in the crank case. Went through three cams real quick. Breaking in the third cam in three weeks the motor started to rod knock. I wanted so bad to pay the seller a visit but I bought it as is. :rolleyes:

Let's start a thread and call it "Who got the worst deal on their TB?" Bet that would turn into a multi page thread.;)

Sounds like a carbon copy of most new TB owners.

Payed $18,500 for my car. Did not last long. Flattened cam the first weekend cuz anti freeze was getting in the crank case. Went through three cams real quick. Breaking in the third cam in three weeks the motor started to rod knock. I wanted so bad to pay the seller a visit but I bought it as is. :rolleyes:

Let's start a thread and call it "Who got the worst deal on their TB?" Bet that would turn into a multi page thread.;)

Done - http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/whats-your-horror-story-about-buying-a-turbo-buick.382454/

I bought an '84 WH1 T-Type in '02 for $600 bucks in running condition....but fell through the floor pan. The GN I have now was a pretty sweet deal. I traded the guy a 1973 4-speed, convertible 'Vette for the GN with 53,000 miles on it at the time plus $8,000!!! He got a very nice '73 Vette which isn't a super desirable year and I got the '87 GN with a just about perfect interior and exterior. One little ding and some small checking on the spoiler ends, it had been repainted in the mid '90's. It was all stock at the time and ran pretty well, just sat too much. I'd say I got the much better end of that deal!!:cool:

No steal for me. Paid $17,000 for mine back in 1995. BUT, it only had 4700 miles on it, tags were still on all the suspension parts. Was exactly what I was looking for so was worth it to me. Have at least that much more in it but if you figure I have had it for 17 years now so only 1,000 a year for a hobby, not too bad. Still can't figure out why the guy put a new Currie 9" rear in the car when it was brand new though??

No steal for me. Paid $17,000 for mine back in 1995. BUT, it only had 4700 miles on it, tags were still on all the suspension parts. Was exactly what I was looking for so was worth it to me. Have at least that much more in it but if you figure I have had it for 17 years now so only 1,000 a year for a hobby, not too bad. Still can't figure out why the guy put a new Currie 9" rear in the car when it was brand new though??
9 inch rear, huh. Now that's wierd!!!

maybe i should start a thread who got the worst deal....... this guy. 11k but she came nicely setup. I also thought she was a real GN. hahaha nope just a T. But i cant complain shes fast and im happy (when i get her running again)

maybe i should start a thread who got the worst deal....... this guy. 11k but she came nicely setup. I also thought she was a real GN. hahaha nope just a T. But i cant complain shes fast and im happy (when i get her running again)
I already did...no replys. See post #29 for a link to it.

I bought mine in 09 for $10,500 with 76k on the odometer. No rust but I believe either Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles painted it. One of the previous owners had the vacuum lines and some of the wiring all f'ed up. Almost all of it is fixed except the power door locks.

about 8 years ago i purchased an 86 ttype for 3k with 23k miles. It was in perfect condition except that the fuel pump had gone out and sat for 9 years. the owner had bought the fuel pump, just never got around to putting it in. I put the new fuel pump that in it (which came with the car), had it running the same day...

about 8 years ago i purchased an 86 ttype for 3k with 23k miles. It was in perfect condition except that the fuel pump had gone out and sat for 9 years. the owner had bought the fuel pump, just never got around to putting it in. I put the new fuel pump that in it (which came with the car), had it running the same day...
Very nice. That thing looks like a cream puff!

Hey Guys, I'm still here.... 10 months ago today God took my wife home. I am sick with somekind of bacterial Pnemonia and sitting here trying not to dwell on the sadness of it all and I come across this... I always thought I was blessed by all of the good things that happened to me over my lifetime. even after all of the losses I have had in the last 12 months I am the luckiest guy on earth. I am Thankful... Here is my story about a Gift I recieved from a stranger.. ENJOY.. Hope to see ya in Bowling Green in a week.. We are commin..

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/i-have-a-story-you-will-never-believe.321479/