Who got the best deal on their turbo buick? Spill the beans, who got a killer deal?

Paid $500 for mine and have been rebuilding it myself so far. With out paint I should have between $5 and $6K in it.:D If I had to pay someone to do it I'd hate to think how much it would cost.:eek:

Paid $500 for mine and have been rebuilding it myself so far. With out paint I should have between $5 and $6K in it.:D If I had to pay someone to do it I'd hate to hink how much it would cost.:eek:
$500? You may have just won the thread and know no one else will post :oops: :D Nice score. Tell the story.

My friend from High School joined the Navy. While stationed in Norfolk, he ordered an 87 in Sept of 86. He got it and drove it about 900 miles every summer. I bought it in June 2007 from him...needing washed and TLC. It had 14,594 on the clock. We settled on 14k...
All factory...totally rust free...T-tops...highly optioned...never modded.
In early 07, it shoulda been about 18k with the market the way it was.

Free! :D I got it from my old man, who unfortunately has had some health problems and can no longer drive. It does need some TLC after a long time of neglect though, so it will take at least a couple of grand to make it right (not including a paint job, which of course is crazy expensive when done right).
FWIW he paid about $14k for it from a dealer in 2002 with about 50k miles on it (has 61k now) and it was in GREAT shape at the time.

$500? You may have just won the thread and know no one else will post :oops: :D Nice score. Tell the story.
Kinda silly to be honest.:oops: Was surfing evilbay one night and the car came up but no one had bid on it. Reserve wasn't met and the price was $500 to start. I'd had a few beers and decided, what the heck. I bid knowing I wouldn't win, but the next morning I got an email with a second chance offer. $500 and pick it up, in
southern (kinda) Nebraska.o_O I'm in central Texas.:D

Talked to the boss for the next couple of days and lined up a truck and trailer. We left at 9PM Friday and got back just before 8PM the Saturday for a full 24 hour turn around with car in tow.

Now what I didn't say is what happened on the trip up there and back. Once we got to OK city the bottom dropped out and we had to slow down to see the road. This was around 1 AM btw. I think we were going 30 mph at one point. As the sun came up we were just getting to the border and the pay section of the road.o_O Didn't expect a toll road but it is a yankee state after all. Once we got on the toll road and had gone maybe 50 miles the engine started to tick.:rolleyes: Happily were near enough to a rest stop gas station so we pulled in, got some gas, oil, and food, and went on. After that we got into Nebraska and the guys house without incident or hassle.

Now for the fun ride home. We really didn't have a problem until we got to the largest city about 100 miles south of the Kansas border. I was napping and all the sudden I was woken up by a "thump thump" of a tire seperating and hitting the truck. We were lucky enough to pull off the toll way and find a shopping center of some sort and change the tire. No more spares at this time and not near the entrance to the toll road so we had to drive through town some. This is Saturday around 9:30 in the morning when the tire blew and we were moving again just after 10 AM. We found a tire shop and just in case replaced the bad tire and bought 2 more used ones. Needless to say we needed them.

Just before we got to OK city one more tire blew, go figure.:oops: Replaced it and noticed that 1 other had a bulge in it so it was replaced. What I didn't count on was 1 of the tires wasn't rated for the load we had in the truck or towing the trailer.:mad: So now with 3 bad tires being replaced and 1 of the spares the wrong load rating we drove from just north of OK city to 50 miles south of DFW at 45 MPH so the questionable tire wouldn't over heat and blow. My buddie Greg and I never really have good road trips if we're together and after this one we decided never to ride in the same vehicle again unless it was an emergency.:p

No deal here...$17k in 2007 for my 43,xxx mile 2 owner. No rust, couple of dings, pretty stock. Ta49 ,hooker exhaust, aftermarket stereo.
Dont even want to know what I have spent on it since......over $20k

Bryan

I bought my 2nd one ('87) for $1500 with a blown engine. Kept the drivetrain and sold the remains to EJ Howe for $1700. A win-win for both of us!

I have paid prices ranging from $1500 (83 T-type, ran, sorta), to $2k (87 drivetrain in 83 titled car, also runs, sorta), to $2500 (86 T, motor in trunk). I've paid more for nice GNs but those were the cheap ones. Whether they were deals depends on your point of view.. heh.

7,500 for my 86 gn with a bad motor fixed traded for a 72 bbc nova trade that for a rust bucket 72 chevelle with a 355 n a muncie trade that for my current t type.. Thats already run a 10.98 n i havent really done much to it other that a few things, like translator with ls1 maf.. Turbo saver, change turbo, dr's, some tweeking, and if some one ofers me some other bbc ill trade up againg..;-)..

Bought the car minus drivetrain for $1500, doing all the work myself and buying parts off the board has saved what little bank account I ever had, and once its done will be looking to sell/trade for an actual daily driver :D

here is how i got my 86 GN

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/my-new-86-roller.302431/

sold the ATR exhaust, and wheels and a few extra parts i didnt need for about $1500, traded for other parts i needed, and had motor machined with forged pistons, ported heads, and 112-112 cam for under $1500, not including gaskets and bearings.

should have its all done and painted for less the 6K not bad for a 20K mile 86 GN with a decent motor and like new interior.

now the 87 thats a whole other story

8500, running driving, mint interior GN. Exterior needs help, but I might be tackling that this winter. I have put over 10k miles on it since I bought it, and have added some.. Tasteful mods :D.

hello; I guess mine was no deal either. I paid $7500 or $6500 with a rebuilt engine in the early 90's from the original owner. The engine was built by a guy who was into boat racing for the PO. I don't know the cam or any thing else about the engine but it's doing well. It was all stock except the engine. Not any more.
86 T Type
IBBY

Paid 2,000.00 for the ghost. Paid 2,500.00 for the wife's WH1 the first time.... Just paid 1,000.00 for my kids 86 T. Don't ask how much I got in them!!! Phil.

2k with new interior & running. The rust was free.

Attachments

• image-2245507826.jpg
    image-2245507826.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 82