What would you do if you were in my shoes??

I really am sorry to see that man... that sucks..

If you can buy a brand new motor for $1,600 that is not a bad deal at all. If it comes with a turbo crank then that is what I would do. Why else would you keep your current motor if just a rotating assembly would cost you the same amount?

I don't know if this helps or not, but we have a few low-budget rotating assemblies available. 1 for $1,540, 1 for $1,650. Here is the link: https://www.boostedrps.com/rotating-assemblies

Personally man, I'd just buy a new motor if you can pick one up for $1,600. No reason to buy a cheap rotating assembly and still have to pay for it to be balanced/installed and the engine built.

No more then 1600 ?? As stated above me a rotating assembly costs 1600 then you have another 1500-2000 in machine work . Where r u getting a motor for 1600?

No more then 1600 ?? As stated above me a rotating assembly costs 1600 then you have another 1500-2000 in machine work . Where r u getting a motor for 1600?

Figure out where those pieces came from. If the block is still good, I have a stock rotator thats mint. I would be willing to sell it to you on the cheap.

Don't buy a parts store remained short block. My car had one from Jasper when I bought it. Had two spun rod bearings, but it had a non-turbo crank and had been bored .060 :eek:. More hot airs are getting LS swapped everyday so you can probably find a decent complete hot air motor for under $1500, even seen one locally not long ago for under $1000.

Did you pull any caps yet? How do you know a bearing spun? And what are the pieces in the first pic from?

Haven't pulled any caps ...
Those r the pieces that were in my oil pan ...

Ikr

Advanced. Auto
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/c...7+TiKT6p29S82UfxEiYKIRqCeYoriz1YBv3MgdrbmwZA#

Did you pull any caps yet? How do you know a bearing spun? And what are the pieces in the first pic from?

Ikr

Advanced. Auto
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/c...+TiKT6p29S82UfxEiYKIRqCeYoriz1YBv3MgdrbmwZA#h
Figure out where those pieces came from. If the block is still good, I have a stock rotator thats mint. I would be willing to sell it to you on the cheap.

Going to take me a few days to get motor out cause im working with a broken hand but imm be sure to let u know ...
Thanks

View attachment 316895 View attachment 316896 Okay well here's the deal I finally got my oil pan off of my 1985 hot air hybrid and come to find out the motor is toast spun a bearing and now I'm in the process of trying to figure out if I want to buy a 109 reman long block which will cost me no more than 1600 with a three-year unlimited mile warranty or to actually build what i have..
2000 grand is my budget...

$2 grand is your budget? Better find a new hobby.....

Ikr

Advanced. Auto
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/c...+TiKT6p29S82UfxEiYKIRqCeYoriz1YBv3MgdrbmwZA#h

Going to take me a few days to get motor out cause im working with a broken hand but imm be sure to let u know ...
Thanks

Funny how people always have bull to say...
2k is buget on this hybrid engine im going to have to redo...
Im building to curz not race i have 2 race cars for the and one is a 8 mile 4.70 car...
So money is no problem, just not putting 10k in a v6

I could smoke 10 pounds of crack and still wouldn't consider buying a hotair for $1600. Hell, I wouldn't pay that much for a hotair car, much less a long block (from possibly the worst rebuilder in the world).

I'd hit craigslist and ebay for a little while and find a complete engine for a few hundred then go from there.

I hate to see a new guy get discouraged with all this stuff. It is unfortunate that you have gone this far with very little return for your effort .If you had guidance and the proper information prior to converting this truck into a V-6 turbo, I’m sure you would be in a different place right now.

Now that being said, what I would do is start all over. If having a bad-ass, unusual hot rod is what your goal is, consider this a learning experience and move on. Remove all the 85 stuff. Build a beautiful truck with an 86/87 Turbo Buick Drivetrain. Make it a long-term project if necessary, just make it right. You will be proud of it!

If you have ever driven a well tuned healthy Turbo Buick with tasteful upgrades then you must know what you’re missing! If you haven’t, find a friend and go for a ride.

Ikr

Advanced. Auto

Thanks

Funny how people always have bull to say...
2k is buget on this hybrid engine im going to have to redo...
Im building to curz not race i have 2 race cars for the and one is a 8 mile 4.70 car...
So money is no problem, just not putting 10k in a v6
I hate to see a new guy get discouraged with all this stuff. It is unfortunate that you have gone this far with very little return for your effort .If you had guidance and the proper information prior to converting this truck into a V-6 turbo, I’m sure you would be in a different place right now.

Now that being said, what I would do is start all over. If having a bad-ass, unusual hot rod is what your goal is, consider this a learning experience and move on. Remove all the 85 stuff. Build a beautiful truck with an 86/87 Turbo Buick Drivetrain. Make it a long-term project if necessary, just make it right. You will be proud of it!

If you have ever driven a well tuned healthy Turbo Buick with tasteful upgrades then you must know what you’re missing! If you haven’t, find a friend and go for a ride.

Thanks for the advice. .
I think im going to build one . Have a friend that has everthing for a long block 87 excfor th timing chain, cam, and oil pan for 300.00
Good part about it i can put it together myself bad part is i have a broken right hand at the present time but as u can see that hasn't stopped me much...
But trust and believe ill be up and running before may....

How did you break your hand?

No, forget that question.

Better yet, show us some cool x-rays!

In the past, I've seen a few good ones posted to the board. Do you have one with pins and screws all in it? Those are the best!

Lmfao currently:D
I worked on 1 HA car. Told him to loose my # :D Had 1 parts car I got for free. Sold the rear end right away . took the engine an trans out complete. Took me years to sell it for $500. lessons learned.

back to the issues at hand if you are just goin to use it to putter around go for the $1600. Just remember you have been warned . oh... how is the rest of the car ?

In the past, I've seen a few good ones posted to the board. Do you have one with pins and screws all in it? Those are the best!

Lol ...going to see the orthopedic surgeon today and see what he says whether I have to have surgery and have pins put in it or not but I'll post some pictures of x-rays up later today

Well here's the hand....
20180207_150334.jpg