what are the best internal upgrades for low 11s

510TURBO

ALKYHOLIC
yes i've done my searches but i rather take people's word for it who has done it before:biggrin: im just trying to run all day low 11s and not trying to stress my motor. are stock polished, ported and flow matched heads better then a set of gn1 heads? thanks in advance;)

Ported iron heads, maybe some pistons but not necessary if youre not going to beat the crap out of it. Roller cam and a ported intake. That should do it for internals.

thanks JayC

which pistons since i might beat the crap out of it:biggrin: so these parts will have me comfortable at 11s with no strain on the motor:confused:?

Some nice forged pistons, 2 billet center mains, ported heads,intake , timing chain,That should be good you could do a steel crank also as long as your in there because 11s will get old and you will want 10s and you would be already for it. That's where I am right now but wanted to get a 109 block and do it then drop it in.

which pistons since i might beat the crap out of it:biggrin: so these parts will have me comfortable at 11s with no strain on the motor:confused:?

TRWs (I forget who owns them now) are okay and you dont have to rebalance if you use the heavy pins they include.

I guess it all depends on how hard you intend to beat the crap out of it. If you want SAFE, steel crank, rods and pistons with a girdle and caps is the way to go.

If youre going to be reasonable about it, you can do it with stock internals. Ive seen lots of cars run deep into the 10s with stock internals.

so here is my list so far

ported iron heads, ported intake, roller cam, TRW pistons, gridle, timing chain and a steel crank:tongue:does that sound right?

I like JE pistons or Diamond, 2 billet mains , I don't think you need the Girdle with a steel crank but who ever builds the motor always have there ways on what's best . Just saying a good builder steel crank,billet mains, JE pistons,Timing chain, roller cam, ported heads, & intake. Look to spend 5-6 grand for the motor that's without the ported heads and intake. That would be a stout engine for sure.

I like JE pistons or Diamond, 2 billet mains , I don't think you need the Girdle with a steel crank but who ever builds the motor always have there ways on what's best . Just saying a good builder steel crank,billet mains, JE pistons,Timing chain, roller cam, ported heads, & intake. Look to spend 5-6 grand for the motor that's without the ported heads and intake. That would be a stout engine for sure.

I think JE pistons are a bit much for a 11 sec build.

I was at Mizzi's the other day ordering my suspension and another customer was building a 11 sec motor he had CNC ported Champion irons with the matching intake.

Rell87

Some nice forged pistons, 2 billet center mains, ported heads,intake , timing chain,That should be good you could do a steel crank also as long as your in there because 11s will get old and you will want 10s and you would be already for it. That's where I am right now but wanted to get a 109 block and do it then drop it in.

like he said it is a build for low 11s but sooner or later 10s might be right around the corner and i will have most of the foundation down. thanks for the great advice blackmonte:biggrin: Rell87 looking at the cnc ported iron heads and intake as we speak.

If you drive on the street most of the time like I do I don't think you'll get tired of mid 11's fast. That is if your going to run alky so you can run 11's in street trim because I have the same tune and boost setting on my car as when it ran the time in my sig and I'm hauling ass on the street. I've never even gave the car full throttle.

You live in my area if want you can hit me up and we can go rolling around so you can see for yourself

your right

If you drive on the street most of the time like I do I don't think you'll get tired of mid 11's fast. That is if your going to run alky so you can run 11's in street trim because I have the same tune and boost setting on my car as when it ran the time in my sig and I'm hauling ass on the street. I've never even gave the car full throttle.

my friend has a 11.4 GN and thats with like a .8 reactin time:eek: and that thing is fast:eek: thats why low 11s in enough for me but just want to build it to be on the safe side and not stress the motor too much;) plus i do not want a cage in my car it would make me feel like im doing time again:cool:

For a coulpe hundred more JE and diamond are the way to go, unless you want a heavy slug piston (TRW) less wieght means faster RPM

I like to spend money once on upgrades JE/ Diamond are worth the extra money.

But who needs pistons or ported iorns to go low 11's :D

if and only if 11's is your true goal, this will take you deep in the 11's all day

PORT stock heads
stronger valve springs, properly adjusted
girdle from RJC with scrapper
TRW pistons
25psi
GREAT FUEL
GREAT TUNE
GREAT TIRES (slicks)
SOLID SUSPENSION SET UP
done deal and you save money

imho you don't need iron heads or roller anything expensive to bust nuts on 11's. but you definitely need other things listed above. just my idea if I had to do it all over again with a goal of 11's

nice list

if and only if 11's is your true goal, this will take you deep in the 11's all day

PORT stock heads
stronger valve springs, properly adjusted
girdle from RJC with scrapper
TRW pistons
25psi
GREAT FUEL
GREAT TUNE
GREAT TIRES (slicks)
SOLID SUSPENSION SET UP
done deal and you save money

imho you don't need iron heads or roller anything expensive to bust nuts on 11's. but you definitely need other things listed above. just my idea if I had to do it all over again with a goal of 11's
remember guys my goal is low 11s with NO STRESS ON THE MOTOR so if adding better upgrades can save my motor from stressing that is what i want. don't worry about a 11 sec. build i just want to run 11 comfortable without hurting anything internally. thanks for your advice guys

my current list

ported iron heads, ported intake, billet mains, je pistons, double roller timing chain, roller cam and steel crank. 4k in parts:eek:was wondering would it be better to polish and port my stock heads and intake or buy them to reach my goal (low 11s w/out stressing motor)?