Well I am now a dad

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Long story short the wife gave birth to our first child, a girl. 6 lbs 14 oz. and measuring 19 inches. Mom and baby are doing well. It's only day 2 but I seem to find myself with my baby girl more than I am on here, or working on the car or doing any of my hobbies for that matter.

Anyways I'm off to be with my little one. I'll be back on later.

Afterfirstbath9-24-08051.jpg

Wow, what a sight!!! One proud father on the other end of that camera I bet!!

Congrats!!!! and enjoy the time it goes way too fast. The first year has slipped by for me and it seems like yesterday I could hold him in my hand.

Big Congrats...

I'm a Father X 3 (11-8-3 the youngest is my Niece that I adopted (Her mom died) thats abother storey...

My Point is , the cars and hobbys will wait, kids growing up will not wait.

Cherish each moment, it wont be long and they are talking back and wanting money.:p

Congratulations! Get the infant seat mounted in your GN and get her accustomed to the cruising scene. She'll thank you for it later...

Nothing like having your own baby. Cherish each minute and take lots of pictures and videos.

Well that makes 2 new Buick babies for the 26th.:biggrin: Congrats! Enjoy while you can because they grow up fast.:tongue:
John

Congratulations! We just had a little boy in July, and yeah, it has changed things up a bit :)

John

congrats!

mine is 14 months and it's crazy how you see them grow and do things.

don't worry, you'll be back it just is a transition. you won't be working on the cars as much but you will have a little time at least.

my little girl is almost 4 years old.went by so fast she is school now,pre k. if you blink long enough there going to be grown already

Daddy's Lil Girl

Another daddy's lil girl that's great. She's beautiful and Congratulations!

Congrats! The greatest day of my life is when my daughter was born. She is so much fun now at 2 and a half, she loves my Buick. I have her a Simpson racing car seat.

Congratulations, she is a cutie.
I can't show this to my wife or she will want to try for a little girl.
My son will be 2 on Jan 3 and it seems like Sharon was just pregnant a couple months ago. Being a parent for the first time is a huge shock to the system but it is the most rewarding experience you will ever have.

When my first was born (girl too) I cried like a baby when I saw her come out (after I passed out of course). I drove them home in my wifes Bimmer at 10miles an hour:redface: . It is so true, that the first one is made up of glass and the second is made up of rubber. I never thought it was possible to love someone so much. Right now I am still on cloud nine with my kids. No matter how sh itty my day was at work or where ever I was, as soon as I open that front door the 2 kids come running to me and give me a big hug and kiss and ask me how my day was. And I always say, "its all better now". Enjoy, cause now life has real meaning.

Congrats man! I just watched the vagina get ruined 10 months ago myself! Had a beautifull girl as well! She's already walking! man they grow up so fast!:eek:

Congrats. Our 1st is just shy of 11 months, just learning to walk. You hear about how they are the best thing ever and blahblahblah but it never sinks in until you hold her for that first time. I hardly look at my buick anymore, in fact I'm thinking of selling it, because I realized it doesn't take a cool car to make my life complete.

Thanks fellas. Yes I think the birth of my daughter has changed things for me. I was planning on doing a bunch of stuff to the Buick this winter, but now I'm thinking I don't want to miss a moment with my daughter, so the Buick might just have to wait. Thankfully it's still drivable if I want to take it out, but I did want to do some safety upgrades (powermaster replacement to vacuum brakes) and maybe a speedo and carpet swap.

Oh well. As mentioned at least it does run and drive. I hope when she gets to be a little older I can get her into doing daddy things, like building go-karts, then maybe graduate to building a cool car when she gets a little older.