Value of Turbo Regal compared to GN?

I guess you could call it that, though its never been to the track in my ownership. It sits a lot and does occaisional interstate cruises. It has a lot of bolt ons but its nothing special in terms of performance.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you have cheap insurance...you get cheap coverage.
I wanna hear from a member who had an "Agreed Value Policy" without a proper appraisal, that actually collected on a totaled car.

I had an agreed value on my gn that was totalled last year. And had absolutely no problems at all with my insurance company. They took buyback cost out of that value and sent me a check.. seriously that easy. All I sent them was a picture of the outside of the car. Payed only $240 per year... and have superb road side and towing included. You better believe I went right back to them to ensure my new GN. .. but I guess im a rare story... or no one else is using American Collectors.com :)

[quote="They're probably cheaper to insure because they're usually just classified as regals."
Not really. As soon as the ins co sees the turbo engine designation in the VIN, it's no longer "just a Regal".[/quote]

When I first bought/insured my GN back in the 80's I insured it as a 'Buick Regal' with a low premium. A few days later I get a phone
call from the insurance company: "That's not just a Buick Regal is it, Longball?" Insurance went up $1,000!!! :eek:

I saw INEEDAGN's car on a trailer in N Houston a few weeks ago ...couldn't stop myself from stopping and checking it out. Very cool car and the interior is in great shape. Well bought.

I have a limited, which has the limited external cues removed and painted bumpers. I had always wanted a GN, but I took this in as partial trade for a 69 Camaro. My plans were to to put it back to a limited looking car but I change my mind a lot as I love the more sinister look of the GN. The interior is all still limited.

My car is also a radio delete car, but I don't think even with its low production numbers its value will ever eclipse a true GN if I put it back to stock appearance.

Attachments

• 1378980616515.jpg
    1378980616515.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 71
I had an agreed value on my gn that was totalled last year. And had absolutely no problems at all with my insurance company. They took buyback cost out of that value and sent me a check.. seriously that easy. All I sent them was a picture of the outside of the car. Payed only $240 per year... and have superb road side and towing included. You better believe I went right back to them to ensure my new GN. .. but I guess im a rare story... or no one else is using American Collectors.com :)

I'm using American Collectors also... They have 3 of my cars.
I have never made a claim- but, I don't drive them that much either (2 cars out only twice this year! - This summer has gone by way too fast)

I'm using American Collectors also... They have 3 of my cars.
I have never made a claim- but, I don't drive them that much either (2 cars out only twice this year! - This summer has gone by way too fast)

YIKES! $613/yr for my two GN's at American colletors, compared to my present Grundy coverage of $402/yr for the pair !!

I only pay around $530/yr for 3 cars - Insured around $23k for each of the TR's ... The other car is in project stage.
Are your cars insured for than $23k?

Are you talking to me?? No mine aren't insured for 23K. They're not worth that much. I asked for a quote from American Collectors for the same coverage that I now have at Grundy.

GNs are king , but I get tired of black. The idea of a T type with lots of options , dif colors & interiors keep things interesting. Presently sorting out the mechanicals on my 82 turbo sport coupe. Get back up and over the original rating of 180hp , keep it stock , seat 5 comfortably and still blow the doors off any ricers.! Any turbo is a good turbo ! ( Buick)1378993259675.jpg1378993327475.jpg

IllhaveaV6

I saw INEEDAGN's car on a trailer in N Houston a few weeks ago ...couldn't stop myself from stopping and checking it out. Very cool car and the interior is in great shape. Well bought.

I have a limited, which has the limited external cues removed and painted bumpers. I had always wanted a GN, but I took this in as partial trade for a 69 Camaro. My plans were to to put it back to a limited looking car but I change my mind a lot as I love the more sinister look of the GN. The interior is all still limited.

My car is also a radio delete car, but I don't think even with its low production numbers its value will ever eclipse a true GN if I put it back to stock appearance.

Very cool car!

GNs are king , but I get tired of black. The idea of a T type with lots of options , dif colors & interiors keep things interesting. Presently sorting out the mechanicals on my 82 turbo sport coupe. Get back up and over the original rating of 180hp , keep it stock , seat 5 comfortably and still blow the doors off any ricers.! Any turbo is a good turbo ! ( Buick)View attachment 200130View attachment 200131

IllhaveaV6

I see your point! but I haven't gotten tired of black yet :eek:

So it sounds like there are a few decent insurance companies out there for turbo Buicks??

Awesome, post a video of it running when it's ready!

No vids uploaded yet but the pics will speak for themselves. Pushed it in the shop yesterday as a roller and drove it out tonight with enough time left over to drive it to the bar to celebrate. Turbo Farm West for the win

1379830565915.jpg

1379830542807.jpg

1379830607627.jpg

1379830644328.jpg

1379830666229.jpg

1379830684292.jpg

Wow! Congrats, man. Looks awesome. I wish I could say the same :eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app