Car value

AUtovaultNJ

need a little help I have a opportunity to purchase a car that I have been admiring for some time now car is NOT original mods include
New Cluster gauges, new exhaust and connection to turbo. Totally new suspension on coil overs. And sway bars. QA1 entire set up. New Led head lights. All new audio speakers amps and sub woofer. the previous owner replaced interior with this drug dealer looking custom leather but that has been replaced with a new interior from Gbody.com
its been said that the motor and trans was done by Kenny Duttweiler engine and has a Art Carr transmission but there is no paper work trail how do I confirm this ? Car looks perfect inside /out and under
Now for the bad I ran the VIN and it has a mileage discrepancy ! Do I stay away or due to the None original does it make a difference ?

Attachments

• IMG_3950 (1).jpeg
    IMG_3950 (1).jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1187.jpeg
    IMG_1187.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 106
Value must start with what they are asking for it, with no paperwork verification, and, I assume lies about the original mileage I wouldn't trust the people selling it. Especially if it was at a dealership/used car place.
Starting at that point you would need to verify or disprove anything they say about the car, if you are not experienced at all with these cars it's probably the worst thing you could buy unverified. Stockers are hard enough to work on and keep running with no experience with them.
i would walk based on the mileage discrepancy if I didn't get any other good information that could be verified from the seller.

Value must start with what they are asking for it, with no paperwork verification, and, I assume lies about the original mileage I wouldn't trust the people selling it. Especially if it was at a dealership/used car place.
Starting at that point you would need to verify or disprove anything they say about the car, if you are not experienced at all with these cars it's probably the worst thing you could buy unverified. Stockers are hard enough to work on and keep running with no experience with them.
i would walk based on the mileage discrepancy if I didn't get any other good information that could be verified from the seller.
X2
Unless you are an exceptional wrench or have one on retainer and have the pockets deep enough to fund such, this is a money pit at the least.

X2
Unless you are an exceptional wrench or have one on retainer and have the pockets deep enough to fund such, this is a money pit at the least.
I completely understand the role of being a old car owner I have a 69 Camaro and 88' Conquest my question was does the mileage issue really affect the value since there was so much work done on car ? I will most likely buy to do a few minor cleanups and then resell . I will be purchases a package of cars from this owner and will most likely sell off the GN Im just having a hard time putting a number on it
Thanks again this is what the history looks like

Attachments

• Image 5-31-23 at 9.52 PM.jpeg
    Image 5-31-23 at 9.52 PM.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 58
yeah, a thirty five yr old unit with what appears over 100k miles doesn't really qualify as a low mile unit but the buyer can decide that and at this point it is you. when you become the seller that 100k is a stumbling block and possibly a ticket to a no sale.
the gun is way closer to that 88 car than a 69 Camaro where a guy can open a catalog and put in an order for what ever might be needed. search up some body parts for the regal . not sure on that other 88.

The odometers on these cars only go to 99999 so where did they get the 100K plus mile readings on that report?

Looks to me like it rolled over and then the report changed to the "Actual" mileage reading, no longer continuing the 100K "addition".
1685628649976.png

Indeed, many states select the mileage discrepancy box when the odometer only has 5 digits and owner advised 1xx.xxx miles plus.

I'd be more concerned with the car gaining 52,xxx from May 24 to May 25 of the same year!!! (1995)
It appears that it did Rollover and you are at 105K on the last record.

Throw out any idea that the engine was done by Ken Duttweiler. I believe that anyone that has one of his motors has it documented.
Are there receipts and or Invoices from all of this work?

It looks like it is clean and well kept under the hood, but Chrome/Bling doesn't get you Home!
Good Luck, I hope this helps!!!

ENJOY!!!
- Jerry

Interesting looking device @ up pipe/throttle body, plumbed to MAF pipe @ turbo inlet.

If this is in NJ the mileage discrepancy may be from the odometer rolling over and "TMU- true mileage unknown" being listed on a prior registration form at the MVC. If it's clean and runs well I'd guess conservatively $20-25k range. I see beaters in need of work and new paint going for $15k or more around here.

I'd want a deal on it if your going to flip it. Oh... NO paperwork ? Kenny D is a big name to throw around but no proof ! good luck :cool:

motor vehicle clerks frequently include "odometer not actual" when older cars are registered,
my AMX has documented 34k miles, and MVD added "miles not actual," even when I showed them
documentation, so "look/condition" of the car must represent stated miles.
I did get "miles not actual" removed when I contested it, ( long process)