trying to decide on what to get for my wife. (cars)

charleslong

well, i like the 95-99 maxima's mainly the SE's. and i have also thought about getting her a 98up regal gs, loaded on both cars. What would you guys recommend, and why? Which would be faster and easier to mod? This car will be for my wife, we are both 21, and of course i will be driveing it. Also what do you guys think is a better quality car all around?
thanks
charles

Why are you modding it if it is for the wife?

I would go with AMERICAN.
Not sure how much you can mod a NEW GS regal.

I have seen that you can add an under pully drive but not sure if it will work in the New GS's

They also have a rocker arm converstion & a few other items.
Check the 3800 section out here on TB

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
Why are you modding it if it is for the wife?

I would go with AMERICAN.
Not sure how much you can mod a NEW GS regal.

I have seen that you can add an under pully drive but not sure if it will work in the New GS's

They also have a rocker arm converstion & a few other items.
Check the 3800 section out here on TB

you know how things are, i will drive her car sometimes

Go with the GS. cheap to buy, can be modded easily to make them even more fun to drive, roomy, American. I have had mine for about a year and really enjoy it. I think it would have given my stock GN a run for the money. Just my .02 cents. What does the wife want?

Originally posted by orion681
what are you doing with a wife? im almost 22, and far from marriage.

We spent 4 years together, and I thought that It couldnt get any better, so I married her.
Its really not that bad, I dont have to worry about having someone to hang out with or go somewhere with. She is pretty cool, I couldnt ask for a better wife.

Originally posted by neverenuf
Go with the GS. cheap to buy, can be modded easily to make them even more fun to drive, roomy, American. I have had mine for about a year and really enjoy it. I think it would have given my stock GN a run for the money. Just my .02 cents. What does the wife want?

Well, it is really a hard decision for her.
She was also looking at getting an suv, but i dont really care to have one right now. (b/c of gas)
She is kind of leaning away from the Maxima now.

What do you guys think about the Intrigue?

Go with a new GM product. 0% financing for 60 months on every GM vehicle, no exceptions. Some even havethe 0% plus incentives. I saw an 03 Vette offered at invoice $39k plus 0%.

I would think differently...I say the 95-99 max. fairly easy to mod and their pretty quick esp the late models. My mom's 95 max did mid 15s stock w/an automatic 4. Then I swapped out the stock ECM to Jim Wolfe Tech modified ECM from a friends wrecked NA 300ZX. added a simple intake mod and added a simple dynomax turbo muffler. We had a family day at the track and my Dad took the car out to play. the max bested at 14.26@95.xxmph. Maybe race gas would have made it do a 13.99 :D Pretty quick for a 4dr auto at that time. I've seen videos of SC'd maximas hanging with more expensive and faster cars with extensive mods. I think some were posted here too.

1. "What would you guys recommend, and why?

2. Which would be faster and easier to mod?

3. This car will be for my wife, we are both 21, and of course i will be driveing it.

4. Also what do you guys think is a better quality car all around?

1. Turbo Regal, why? :eek:

2. Turbo Regal. :)

3. GN, T, Limited won't matter. :cool:

4. Turbo Regal. Obvious to me anyway. :D

Definately go with the Regal! Give me both cars and mod for mod, the Regal will beat down the Maxima. I think they are one of the biggest sleepers out on the streets. With the same drivetrain as the Gtp, 13's are very easy. I met a guy up in Michigan who has a Regal that looks completely stock from the outside. I then witnessed him run a 12.3 quarter mile.:eek:

What about a 4dr Gtp?