TPS Connector?

Jseverin

is the object in my attached photo the TPS connector? I ordered an AC Delco replacement one on rock auto and realized afterward the wire colors are different. I had a code 22 on my Scanmaster coupled with an erratic idle. I replaced the TPS itself set it to.42 and the car ran much better with no codes. While sitting at a stop light recently my idle went from about 800 RPMs to 1500. The car continues to do this with the only remedy being to disconnect the connector in the photo and re-insert it. hopefully I ordered the correct part.

Attachments

• IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG
    906.2 KB · Views: 160
Yep, that's your TPS. The way it looks piggy tailed it looks like you've either got a bolt booster in line also or it's splice for an alky 5v power line.

Yeah you have to be careful with all the TPS connectors out there right now! Grey is suppose to be on top but they are being made with the black wire on top. I don't know what the trick is to taking the wire out of the weather pack and switching them. Usually it's no problem with most connectors but these have rubber plugs in them that hold the wire in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what the trick is to taking the wire out of the weather pack and switching them. Usually it's no problem with most connectors but these have rubber plugs in them that hold the wire in.

The plugs are just pushed in, they're easy to extract. The colors indicate what sized wire they are for.

The pin extraction tool is just a very small hollow tube that compresses the locking tangs and lets the wire slide out.

The plugs are just pushed in, they're easy to extract. The colors indicate what sized wire they are for.

The pin extraction tool is just a very small hollow tube that compresses the locking tangs and lets the wire slide out.
So I can just replace the part that connects to the TPS. The entire assembly has 3 connectors and a long green wire that goes through the firewall on the drivers side. Want to avoid replacing the whole thing if possible.

So I can just replace the part that connects to the TPS. The entire assembly has 3 connectors and a long green wire that goes through the firewall on the drivers side. Want to avoid replacing the whole thing if possible.
Long green goes to alky control box. Very important if you run alky.

If your plastic part is broken you can remove the pins and put them in a few weatherpack plug, yes.

Duh, I knew that. Sorry for stupid question. Misread post.
Regardless what others may say, Mondays can happen any day of the week.