New TPS fluctuating

Jseverin

i installed a new AC Delco TPS last week after my old one went bad. The car is running quite a bit better since it has been replaced. I set it at .40 at idle and 4.6 at WOT wither the engine off. With the engine on the TPS reads .42 at idle but momentarily jumps to .44 and back to .42. I don't notice a change in performance or any impaired throttle response. Is this small flux something I should worry about or is it no big deal?

i installed a new AC Delco TPS last week after my old one went bad. The car is running quite a bit better since it has been replaced. I set it at .40 at idle and 4.6 at WOT wither the engine off. With the engine on the TPS reads .42 at idle but momentarily jumps to .44 and back to .42. I don't notice a change in performance or any impaired throttle response. Is this small flux something I should worry about or is it no big deal?

You're fine nothing wrong with that. Although you could if you desire adjust the TPS just a tad to have it stay on the numbers you want it at. But you won't notice any difference in the way it idles or runs.

Last edited:
Like whitehot1 said, the little jump is probably nothing to worry about. They read 0.02 v higher with the engine running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk