My idle is ALL jacked up

So, if I understand, you're telling it that there's a stock chip? I can't remember all the choices there are for MAF OUT.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I had a bad plug n play harness for my Gen II once, ran terrible. New harness, problem solved.

So, if I understand, you're telling it that there's a stock chip? I can't remember all the choices there are for MAF OUT.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

No. The setting's "stock" when there's a TT chip in there, which there is.

I'm going to have the harness checked out too while I'm at it.

Last edited:
Ok, still getting the same problem. Lean idle but 118 block learns. I know it's within range, but I'm just seeing what I can do to fix a few things. So I hear that if you pull a few psi off of the regulator, it'll lean out a little, forcing the block learns to add a little fuel. So I pulled 3 psi hoping that the afr in eric's chip will relearn and get back to the commanded afr regardles. Well it worked, for about 20 minutes of my cruise. BLM's went from 118 at idle and part throttle operation to like 123. The high 14's idle went back. I was happy. The last ten minutes of the cruise? 116 BLM's... Can someone tell me how I YANK fuel pressure and LOWER my blm's? Are you guys sure you don't have it backwards? lol. How can one be lean, AND pulling fuel at the same time... Are you sure lower blm's doesn't mean adding fuel? lol. So if I tack on another 5 psi to this tune, I'll raise my blm's? How?

Done. She's not bad, but she's still chokin' a bit. Need more fuel in the tune. Fuel pressure doesn't help. Plus it would make my super rich tune even worse. Going to try to look for header cracks. Though that's going to be hard lol.

Have someone stuff/hold a potato in the tail pipe. Shoot some Seafoam in the intake, watch where the smoke comes from....

Before I do the potato in the pipe trick, I switched to the richer setting in my basic translator. Idle got a little better, but while driving around, the BLM's would be around 122 again, but the second I let off my gas pedal to coast, it would begin counting 122, 121, 115 and steady. It stays at 115 at idle. Weird. How does it do that regardless if I add or subtract fuel?

Ok, as we all know by now my basic translator and tt chip runs nice. But still idles a bit lean, and still 116 block learns. I yank about 5 psi of fuel pressure and the block learns rose up to 122 and the lean afr settled down to normal again. This was yesterday. Started her up today, and right back to where it was before-116 block learns. So I drove it around more, and nothing, no change. So I yanked another 3 psi off of the fuel pressure and the block learn dropped to 115 and the afr went to mid 16's lol. Are you guys sure the lower the block learns the more fuel it's pulling?? lol. Because mine does the exact opposite of everyone else on this board. I don't get this whatsoever.

Ok, as we all know by now my basic translator and tt chip runs nice. But still idles a bit lean, and still 116 block learns. I yank about 5 psi of fuel pressure and the block learns rose up to 122 and the lean afr settled down to normal again. This was yesterday. Started her up today, and right back to where it was before-116 block learns. So I drove it around more, and nothing, no change. So I yanked another 3 psi off of the fuel pressure and the block learn dropped to 115 and the afr went to mid 16's lol. Are you guys sure the lower the block learns the more fuel it's pulling?? lol. Because mine does the exact opposite of everyone else on this board. I don't get this whatsoever.

Yes we're sure. Eric's chips don't use closed loop idle either so you won't see immediate change. Higher numbers add fuel so taking fuel away will make the numbers go up but not on open loop idle. Stop taking away fuel pressure that you need to solve a problem you don't have. The weather moves the bl's too. I've been adding pressure to lower my bl at idle with limited results as I need to maintain a proper window of base pressure. It all started when I switched to a pump that simply doesn't deliver idle fuel like my old pump. Cruise bl's are more important anyway so just focus on that first. And idle bl below128 is better than above according to what I've learned. But not worth all your time, imho.

Before I do the potato in the pipe trick, I switched to the richer setting in my basic translator. Idle got a little better, but while driving around, the BLM's would be around 122 again, but the second I let off my gas pedal to coast, it would begin counting 122, 121, 115 and steady. It stays at 115 at idle. Weird. How does it do that regardless if I add or subtract fuel?

You want the lean idle setting to raise idle bl, not the rich setting. Taking away fuel pressure and using a rich idle setting cancel each other out.

I also notice bl swings of 5 pts just switching between pure gas and ethanol blended.

You want the lean idle setting to raise idle bl, not the rich setting. Taking away fuel pressure and using a rich idle setting cancel each other out.

I also notice bl swings of 5 pts just switching between pure gas and ethanol blended.

I know. But I'm fighting two issues simultaneously-lean idle and low blms. I did the rich setting to see if I could improve my idle AFR. It didn't. Tried leaning it out to raise blms. That worked for one day. It was running perfect for one day. Block learns were within spec. Started it up and drove it around today, and the blms went right back to 117 or so. I yanked a little more out today, and the cruise blms are around 124 now. Sweet. Idle was really nice too. Then I ended the drive and pulled into the garage. Idle went lean again, and block learns dropped to 120. I'll take the 120, but the lean idle is a no go. I don't get it. Why did it perform brilliantly during my 40 minute cruise, idle and everything, but when I pulled into my garage the idle went back to shit again. Weird.

carefull now,pulling 5 lbs of rail pressure is throughout the entire fuel curve.alot to risk upstairs for a few idle blms:(remember its 128+or-10.